• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamefreak's Rhythmic Hero - Tempo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
TEMPO
GAME: Harmoknight
Game developed by: Game Freak
Published By: Nintendo
Tempo is the main protagonist of the downloadable 3DS game: Harmoknight.
I can see potential of Tempo being a unique fighter. I will explain his attributes, then go on to explain his move pool.
ATTRIBUTES:
What makes Tempo unique as a fighter is that his combo game is like rhythm, meaning all of his attacks have the same lag. His unique attribute is that he get slightly stronger the more you combo on an opponent.
Power: Good killing power like Jigglypuff.
Weight: He's slightly heavier than Pikachu.
Height: (Slightly) Slightly smaller than Mario.
Speed: Close to the speed of Olimar.
Jump Height and Speed: He jumps low and fast like in his game, he can jump four times as a redeemer.
MOVEPOOL
Ground-Attacks:
A- Tempo swings his music note
AA- Tempo swings his music note again.
AAA- Tempo swings up his music note as finishing combo.
A-Side- Tempo swings his music note horizontally.
A-Dash- Tempo spins rapidly with his music note, a multi hitter.
A-Down- Tempo sweeps a kick, similar to Lucas'.
A-Up- Tempo swings up his sword, similar to Ike's U-Smash, only faster.
Aerial Attacks:
Neutral Air: Same as Neutral A, only in the air.
Side Air: Tempo slices his music note downwards while his legs are up.
Back Air: Tempo swings his music note horizontally from the back.
Up Air: Tempo swings up his sword, similar to Marth's.
Down Air: Tempo kicks down hard, similar to Ness'.
Smash Attacks:
Side-Smash: Tempo spins his music note, same as his dash attack. Leaves Tempo vulnerable though.
Up-Smash: Tempo headbashes, similar to Jigglypuff's.
Down-Smash: Tempo jumps and spins his music note on the ground, a multihitter.
Grabs:
Grab-Side: Tempo tosses an opponent in the air and spins his music note hard. This is escapable though.
Grab-Up: Tempo tosses an opponent in the air, then swings his music note upwards to an opponent.
Grab-Back: Tempo jumps and dribbles an opponent backwards.
Grab-Down: Tempo slams an opponent. Similar to Dedede's.
Taunts:
U-Taunt: Tempo jumps and twirls, like when he completes a stage in Harmoknight.
Side-Taunt: Tempo looks at Tappy, who circles around Tempo.
D-Taunt: Tempo plays a flute (Used by Mr. Woodwind)
Special Attacks:
Neutral Special: Harp Crossbow: Tempo uses a crossbow (Used by Lyra) to shoot a straight forward fast arrow. Hits harder the farther it goes. One arrow per second.
Side Special: Drum Stick: Tempo uses a small drum stick (Used by Jinbei) and spins around with it, it's powerful if an opponent contacts. Similar to Ice Climber's, only leaves you vulnerable a little longer. If used in the air, Tempo will fast fall.
Up Special: Rhythm Hurricane: Tempo spins and twirls upward with his music note. A multihitter. Similar to Wario's.
Down Special: Cymbals: Tempo uses small cymbals (Used by Cymby) to trip anyone on a surface Tempo is standing. Only usable in the ground. Similar to Lloyd's D-Spec in SSF2.
FINAL SMASH
Super-Tempo
Tempo becomes slightly more powerful with a bigger music note and auto runs (Just like in his game). You have to hit in rhythm in order to hit hard. Lasts for 10 seconds.
I hope you enjoyed reading my move set. I researched nearly 3 hours about Harmoknight to come up with it. I'll make a Dojo version soon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sounds like an interesting character, but seeing that his game is yet to be released in Japan itself, chances seem low. (Unless he's added to promote the game lol.)

As for being an e-shop representative, Dillon stands in his way

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Sounds like an interesting character, but seeing that his game is yet to be released in Japan itself, chances seem low. (Unless he's added to promote the game lol.)

Harmoknight will be released on March 28.
There's a chance.

Spire

III
BRoomer

The game was released in Japan back in September.

It will be released in America and Europe next month.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Above Dillon, I don't think. Maybe in time though.
Guys, I really think the eShop is going to get a rep. Nintendo is seemingly really big on the whole idea of it and proud that they have the eShop. And it's easy to see why, I mean it's basically Steam with Nintendo games. Which is awesome.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sometimes I feel like we are underrating Mallo's chances a little...

Anyway's. Though I haven't played Harmo Knight's yet (for obvious reasons), Tempo does really appeal to me and I would love to see him playable in smash.

One thing I thought they could do is (like in his game) making his moveset more rythmic based on the background music that currently play's on stage. But that could either make him too overpowered or underpowered depending on the background music that get's played in the game and I don't think Sakurai would want to go through the trouble of doing that, or that the player would be interested in memorizing all the song's in the game in order to make perfect use of Tempo. Especially since Smash 4 will likely be having an even more massive amount of music available in the game (If Brawl is anything to go by.) Unless there is a way to easily do this that I don't know about. So I think your moveset is more likely as well as more efficient.

I also thought of Tempo having more moves like Marth's side special since that attack feels a little rythmic as well...

I don't know really, my rambling aside. I love most of Nintendo's eShop IP's they've been getting out lately and I would love to see them all playable. Obviously we would most likely be getting only one and the most likely ones I can see are either Mallo or Dillon since their both apparently popular enough to span another sequel. But I definitely won't be opposed to Tempo since the quirky looking character does really appeal to me and I'm certainly looking forward to download his game as soon as it get's available on the eShop. ^_^

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I thought more of him actually having his own "rhythm" instead of relying on the background music. Pretty much that he has lots of attacks that have some lag between them, so you need to feel the way he maneuvers and moves between his attacks. The flow, you know?

He could be a link-tech attacker like Kikaru envisions Lloyd Irving to be, though even more so with being based on rhythm and momentum.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
though obviously i havnt played the game yet id love to see him playable in smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I always liked the idea of having hte Elite Beat Agents, but this would also work I guess.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Sometimes I feel like we are underrating Mallo's chances a little...

Anyway's. Though I haven't played Harmo Knight's yet (for obvious reasons), Tempo does really appeal to me and I would love to see him playable in smash.

One thing I thought they could do is (like in his game) making his moveset more rythmic based on the background music that currently play's on stage. But that could either make him too overpowered or underpowered depending on the background music that get's played in the game and I don't think Sakurai would want to go through the trouble of doing that, or that the player would be interested in memorizing all the song's in the game in order to make perfect use of Tempo. Especially since Smash 4 will likely be having an even more massive amount of music available in the game (If Brawl is anything to go by.) Unless there is a way to easily do this that I don't know about. So I think your moveset is more likely as well as more efficient.

I also thought of Tempo having more moves like Marth's side special since that attack feels a little rythmic as well...

I don't know really, my rambling aside. I love most of Nintendo's eShop IP's they've been getting out lately and I would love to see them all playable. Obviously we would most likely be getting only one and the most likely ones I can see are either Mallo or Dillon since their both apparently popular enough to span another sequel. But I definitely won't be opposed to Tempo since the quirky looking character does really appeal to me and I'm certainly looking forward to download his game as soon as it get's available on the eShop. ^_^
TBH, I don't know if I will ever buy the game, I only have one SD Card running out of data.
(I think I'll buy a new one though)
Note: I spoiled myself of the game, so I have doubts.

@Young Horsetail: exactly.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
I mentioned this guy on the forums before, he wasn't well received when i suggested him haha, but i certainly want him! I love music and his game looks interesting

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
TBH, I don't know if I will ever buy the game, I only have one SD Card running out of data.
(I think I'll buy a new one though)
Note: I spoiled myself of the game, so I have doubts.
Really? It looks pretty fun to me. Ah well's I'll read some reviews and other people's opinions first before I buy it like I usually do.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If we want unique characters in Smash, we have guys like Tempo here. With some good creativity, we could have a Smash character unlike no other.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I downloaded the demo, and I have to say, the game is really fun. I'd definitely love to see him at least as an Assist Trophy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What a waste of a moveset then, :c
I better play the game myself soon.
Well, no, your moveset was good, especially for a character with not too much to work with afaik (haven't played the game or demo yet), but just because his chances aren't great doesn't mean the moveset was a waste. It's still a great way to visualize the character, who knows, it might even gain him more support. Don't get down on yourself, none of the movesets we make will end up being the exact way the character gets implemented anyway. Most movesets here are just made for fun. :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Like I said, supporting Tempo to fullest now since playing the demo. I'd be glad he'd be given some dedication (I guess AT) but him being playable would be very sweet.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think it's too late for him but if the game does well they could make a DLC. Smash needs new fresh franchises anyway so he could do.
Shulk, Dillon also would make a good trio of newcomers from new franchises.

NoDes

Smash Cadet
Tempo is very appealing for smash.
HarmoKnite is also one of my favorite games.

It would be cool if he was combo oriented. Hit Stun that varies with your rhythm of pressing attack. With jump canceling. You'll be limited within the rhythm you started the combo with or else you'll stumble. Fair could be his other landing hit from HarmoKnite where he swings forward (sort like Mario Cape). Nair could be his high jump hit, spikes with anal hit boxes.

Quick Spin attack moves with momentum for Young Link Edge Hogging.

Trying to Link avoid redundancy thou, ssb4 won't have clones of anything like that.

-draft-

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well he isn't getting any likelier for SSB4. Still AT material at best, though he is a cool character, and his game was fun, even if a bit unpolished. Always good to see Game Freak not working solely on Pokemon.

Speaking of that, I'd update the OP now that his game is out in Japan (and everywhere). Because that happened, oh... ten months ago. :smirk::laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
GameFreak make/made games other that PKMN? XD im serious...

Not often, but yes. This was, if I remember correctly, the first time they branched off from just Pokemon since they made Drill Dozer (you may know this game from the Assist Trophy it got in Brawl).

Man, I wish Tempo were more likely...I loved HarmoKnight.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Not often, but yes. This was, if I remember correctly, the first time they branched off from just Pokemon since they made Drill Dozer (you may know this game from the Assist Trophy it got in Brawl).

Man, I wish Tempo were more likely...I loved HarmoKnight.
Ok cool..and i didnt play brawl much xD sorry...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
GameFreak make/made games other that PKMN? XD im serious...

Not only that. They also made a game called PULSEMAN for the SEGA Genesis.

Where the main character (Pulseman) had his signature move called...

VOLT TACKLE.

(Yes, the exact same attack Pikachu has for Final Smash in Brawl. Works a little different in Pulseman, but the graphic looks a hell lot like it)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I really like Tempo, but I really doubt we'll see a character from a rhythm based game before anybody from Rhythm Heaven. But I certainly believe he's Assist Trophy and potentially Next Smash material if he does get another game.

I really like the combo idea, I came up with something similar for a Commander Video moveset and I really think that type of playstyle would be really great for a character from a rhythm game. It's very well thought out.

grizby2

Smash Lord
i remember seeing the trailer for the first time.
my first thought was that he could make a good smash character. i think he's got potential.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As of late the Assist Trophies for the fan favourites have started to pop up, I really, REALLY hope Tempo's one of them as another well-known EShop rep with Dillon.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
This is my favorite "Rhythm" character for Smash Bros. 4 :troll:. Though I confess I haven't played the game yet.
And yeah, I think a trophy would be the least I can expect to appear. An Assist Trophy is also possible too. Thinking how would it work, but ya know, have to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom