• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN5 Results Thread!

Rat

Smash Lord
Cactuar Stamina Pancake
1: Kels
2: StrongBad
3: TomR
4: Chris
5: Tink
5: Atma
7: Sago
7: TheIrishMafia
9: Trail
9: Scythe
9: Mundungu
9: FrootLoop
13: Juggleguy
13: MattR
13: TheGoodDoctor
13: Cosmo
17: Ten
17: Doctor Insaniack
17: Ripple
17: Rat
17: Shinobi
17: John9Blue
17: Tempest
17: Beiber
25: Oracle
25: MaxyB

Melee Singles
1: Kels
2: Atma
3: Trail
4: Dart
5: MattR
5: ORLY
7: Juggleguy
7: MDZ
9: Shady
9: Joot
9: Frootloop
9: Pikachad
13: John!
13: Quaz
13: Hindawg
13: The Good Doctor
17: Ripple
17: Moogle
17: Dendy Pretendy
17: Scythe
17: Tempest
17: TomR
17: Ten
17: Shinobi
25: Beiber
25: Arty
25: Mundungu
25: AfroBandit
25: DJK
25: MaxyB
25: Cosmo
25: StrongBad

Melee Doubles
1: Tink + Kels
2: MattR + TomR
3: Frootloop + ORLY
4: Moogle + Pikachad
5: Atma + Shady
5: Hello Kitty Diablo
7: Team MegabombX
7: John9Blue + Scythe

Project M Singles
1: Sethlon
2: Strong Bad
3: Kirk
4: Oracle
5: Kels
5: Vro
7: Metroid1117
7: DSF
9: Ripple
9: MDZ
9: Trail
9: Hylian
13: ORLY
13: Dart
13: Rat
13: Oro?!
17: Arty
17: Sago
17: Dr. Insaniac
17: Shady
17: Tmacc
17: Tink
17: JCSlick
17: Scythe
25: Norm
25: Mundungu
25: Cosmo
25: Big C
25: Atma
25: Zwarm
25: Mello
25: Blake

PM Doubles
1: MW Guardians (Tink + Kels)
2: Terra's Theme...dun na na na naah (Kirk + Scythe)
3: Team Rampage (Strong Bad + ORLY)
4: Oraclon (Sethlon + Oracle)
5: MattDotDie (MDZ + DSF)
5: Darticus and his Turtledog (Dart + Trail)
7: Cosvro (Vro + Cosmo)
7: Hylian Nightmare ft. DarkAtma (Hylian + DarkAtma)

Scythe

Smash Master
awesome tourney guys, thanks for hosting it!

my PM bracket was rough :/, lost to 2nd and 5th and tied 17th lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Watched the stream and it was really good. Shoutouts to McAfee and "Trial".
Can't tell if your being sarcastic or not. However, "trial" will never get out of my head now.

It appears peeps are taking P.M. seriously, I'll give it a shot. I'll be playing Ike. I hope he's a viable character considering I haven't played this game since the patch.

john!

Smash Hero
really well run tourney. shoutouts to rat and vro for rides/housing/TO'ing/general awesomeness. also shoutouts to the trolls that enter me as john9blue and make it annoying to find my old videos/tourney results/SSBPD ratings. finally i'd like to give shoutouts to these guys for being a top tier dining establishment in a sea of spooky abandoned restaurants

Kirk

Smash Champion
I had to switch the computer I was using to stream due to technical difficulties...thats my best guess as to why something screwed up and I kept getting that "trial" watermark...so sorry to the viewers, hopefully you all aren't too scarred for life!

Shoutouts later, fun tournament! Thanks again for hosting, Rat and Vro!

Oracle

Smash Master
This tournament was amazing. Most fun I've had at a smash event so far. 4th place pretty good for my first oos. Could have placed higher but didn't respect the monkey! GGs to everyone I played, hope to see you guys again soon!

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS

Alberto- no idea if you come on here anymore, but thanks for housing us MN guys we reall appreciate it.
Kels- how many cheeseburgers did you get with your winnings? thanks for the rides to the station as well. Fun friendlies at the end too.
Frootloop- hopefully we can chill again soon was nice hanging out and playing some party mode :)
Orly- WOW you did amazing in singles i was blown away by how good you were doing in winners. Your falcons sick i wish we coulda played more
Juggleguy- think we only played in pools? you're a cool dude tho, was really fun playin you.
Shady- I think you said it was your first out of state? if that was the case damn man, you should come out more you had a sick marth and ivysaur lol
Mattdotzeb- stay free. lrn2play vs zelda
Cosmo- gg's in pools. i blame maxy b for beating you.
Quaz- sandals.. wtf.
Trail- super chill guy, thanks for showing me some ic's tricksies and stuff. i'll keep tinkering with them.
Mundungu- i dont think we played a single game, but i saw you playing kels :) just gotta hit the right buttons more.
Matt R- had fun playing with you in the ganon challenge, and im gonna work on this HRC NBA thing some more to see if i can get it.
Tom R- think we only played in pools doubles? you guys shoulda probably beat us but i think there was some bad luck SD's. oh well.
Hinddawg- i was salty about our set.. thats basically all i can say, but ya know.. falco.
Rat- thank you for being a great host, your a great TO and ran a good tourney.
Maxy B- thank you for kicking me a bunch and giving me that zelda XP. sad we had no power on the way back for melee in the mega****bus we were in.

LEVEL 9 GANONDORF- thank you so much for teaming with me man, you were the realest partner i've ever had, making pikachad look like a pikan00b imo. best upb's i've ever seen, best jab's in the universe. plz team with me again sometime and i'll try not to drag us down :(

probably missing some ppl, sorry if i did :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Gonna post shoutouts after Sethlon leaves tomorrow, had a ton of fun playing everyone though!

j00t

Smash Champion
GGs everyone.

-Kels: Sandbagging piece of ****.
Not really though. I knew that my victory against you at FC was a fluke, but I didn't want to believe it. Thanks for playing with me a lot at this tournament.
-Juggleguy: Get ready for Game and Watch son. Had a lot of fun playing you though. :p
-Trail: Your ganon sucks ass lolllllll
But your ICs are alright I suppose. I definitely want to play you more.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Fun tourney! I'll post full shoutouts later, but for now: thanks to Rat, Vro, Tink, Big C, and everyone else on the staff for hosting.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thanks to the people who were complimenting my yoshi. I will be playing him more in the future :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Characters for top 8:

1: Sethlon - Sonic
2: Strong Bad - DK
3: Kirk - Bowser
4: Oracle - Rob
5: Kels - Fox
5: Vro - Lucas/Falcon/Ike
7: Metroid1117 - Charizard
7: DSF - Fox

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
losing to 2nd and 4th and getting them both to game 3 last stock made me happy, but then again I lost to Marth again....

Had a lot of fun!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
This tournament was incredible. Special thanks to Rat and Vro for organizing/running this, as well as Tink/BigC for helping them out with all the the background work that kept this thing running. The 2 day event was awesome to be able to play with all of the OOS players, I just hope next time it can be Sat/Sun so even more people can come out/not have johnssss.

Kirk/Mundungu you guys are awesome for recording/streaming. Next time it seems like we are going to need to control the commentator booth to prevent some of the terrible commentary that basically ruined some of the most hype matches like Darkatma's melee run.

Project M Singles
1: Sethlon - GGs man. I was completely unprepared for the type of sonic that you played. The amount of options that character has that no one takes advantage of is outrageous. It was really nice meeting you and I hope the trip wasn't too bad in case there is ever an even bigger Midwest or IL PM tournament. I look forward to playing you and the rest of Texas sometime in the future.

2: Strong Bad- Good stuff SB. You def put in work and repped DK. All of those good placements you had were no fluke coming up to this. DK is lame though lol. Fun melee matches and good MM set regardless. Hope to play you again soon bro.

3: Kirk- Nice try Kirk. You held it down for IL and could've won this thing. We will train and come back stronger next time!

4: Oracle- Even though we only got to play like 2 games, it was still really nice to meet, talk, and just chill out with you. Texas is the truth when it comes to PM it seems. Stop playing that unreliable garbage tier character and maybe you can get somewhere in this game. : )

5: Kels- Kelly if you practiced this game AT ALL, you would be godlike. No johns from now on. Put in the work, or don't expect to win : P

5: Vro- :salt: Don't know why I lose to unviable terrible characters that you play <3. Makes me so sad lololol. I will get you next time bro. Ike is the best character that you play btw.

7: Metroid1117- #ILExposed. Don't choke and you will win the whole tournament next time. <3 You and Vro make me look bad after you beat me and don't win. : P

9: Hylian- GGs man. Even though we didn't get to play in tourney or pools, running that guantlet on day 1 was really really fun lol. I hope there isn't a cap on PM at SMYM and that MO decides to go. I would love to get some more games with you guys, and Champaign is much more of a middle ground for both of us.

13: Dart- Hope you weren't kidding about playing PM more with the Peoria crew. Dat Marth has potential, you just gotta learn the gimmicks of the new characters. You did really well in Melee, so don't get down about getting 4th coming off of all dat rust!

13: Rat- Highest placing Wolf!!! Good tourney Nick. Hopefully we can get some games at the next local or smashfest since you won't be as busy. Also really fun teaming with you even if we didn't do so hot. I will figure out what to do in PM teams eventually with my characters : /

13: Oro?!-#free

17: Shady- Damn that Ivy is good. It's awesome hearing that you and Dope play a lot of PM in MI. Hopefully you guys spread the love to the rest of MI since your scene is so big. GGs in pools, you alone made me rethink how good Ivysaur is just from our set.

17: Tmacc- It's so awesome to hear stories of Brawl players enjoying PM and getting into it really heavily.

17: JCSlick- GGs in bracket.

17: Scythe- Nice job in teams with Kirk. At least IL held it down in teams at this! You will beat MW guardians next time just wait.

Everyone else ggs and see you next time.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament. I had so, so, so much fun . Wish I had played better the second day, but I don't really care because all the incredible friendlies made up for it. PM is so amazing.

Probably do individual shoutouts later, ggs to everyone I played <3

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
This tournament was incredible. Special thanks to Rat and Vro for organizing/running this, as well as Tink/BigC for helping them out with all the the background work that kept this thing running. The 2 day event was awesome to be able to play with all of the OOS players, I just hope next time it can be Sat/Sun so even more people can come out/not have johnssss.

Kirk/Mundungu you guys are awesome for recording/streaming. Next time it seems like we are going to need to control the commentator booth to prevent some of the terrible commentary that basically ruined some of the most hype matches like Darkatma's melee run.

Project M Singles
1: Sethlon - GGs man. I was completely unprepared for the type of sonic that you played. The amount of options that character has that no one takes advantage of is outrageous. It was really nice meeting you and I hope the trip wasn't too bad in case there is ever an even bigger Midwest or IL PM tournament. I look forward to playing you and the rest of Texas sometime in the future.

2: Strong Bad- Good stuff SB. You def put in work and repped DK. All of those good placements you had were no fluke coming up to this. DK is lame though lol. Fun melee matches and good MM set regardless. Hope to play you again soon bro.

3: Kirk- Nice try Kirk. You held it down for IL and could've won this thing. We will train and come back stronger next time!

4: Oracle- Even though we only got to play like 2 games, it was still really nice to meet, talk, and just chill out with you. Texas is the truth when it comes to PM it seems. Stop playing that unreliable garbage tier character and maybe you can get somewhere in this game. : )

5: Kels- Kelly if you practiced this game AT ALL, you would be godlike. No johns from now on. Put in the work, or don't expect to win : P

5: Vro- :salt: Don't know why I lose to unviable terrible characters that you play <3. Makes me so sad lololol. I will get you next time bro. Ike is the best character that you play btw.

7: Metroid1117- #ILExposed. Don't choke and you will win the whole tournament next time. <3 You and Vro make me look bad after you beat me and don't win. : P

9: Hylian- GGs man. Even though we didn't get to play in tourney or pools, running that guantlet on day 1 was really really fun lol. I hope there isn't a cap on PM at SMYM and that MO decides to go. I would love to get some more games with you guys, and Champaign is much more of a middle ground for both of us.

13: Dart- Hope you weren't kidding about playing PM more with the Peoria crew. Dat Marth has potential, you just gotta learn the gimmicks of the new characters. You did really well in Melee, so don't get down about getting 4th coming off of all dat rust!

13: Rat- Highest placing Wolf!!! Good tourney Nick. Hopefully we can get some games at the next local or smashfest since you won't be as busy. Also really fun teaming with you even if we didn't do so hot. I will figure out what to do in PM teams eventually with my characters : /

13: Oro?!-#free

17: Shady- Damn that Ivy is good. It's awesome hearing that you and Dope play a lot of PM in MI. Hopefully you guys spread the love to the rest of MI since your scene is so big. GGs in pools, you alone made me rethink how good Ivysaur is just from our set.

17: Tmacc- It's so awesome to hear stories of Brawl players enjoying PM and getting into it really heavily.

17: JCSlick- GGs in bracket.

17: Scythe- Nice job in teams with Kirk. At least IL held it down in teams at this! You will beat MW guardians next time just wait.

Everyone else ggs and see you next time.
Lol, well excuseeeee me

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sethlon - Great seeing you again man. I had a ton of fun playing with you before and after the tournament and housing you. You're really impressive with a lot of characters, thanks for making my predictions of who would win the tournament come true :).

Strong Bad - We didn't get to play this tournament which I'm sad about because I feel like I've improved a ton since we've last played. You keep getting better every time I see you and I really don't think people give you the credit you deserve as a player. Good ****.

Kirk - Holy crap you are good. Our games were very fun and I was incredibly impressed by your bowser. Keep it up man.

Oracle - You were way better than I expected! Rob is pretty crazy, I like how creatively you use him, really love seeing people play like that. Kudos on the high placing.

Kels - Good **** in melee though I wanted Binyan to win for sure haha. Bowser op.

Vro - I had a ton of fun playing friendlies with you and I learned a lot from our tournament set. You are a really impressive player and a pretty awesome guy.

Metroid1117 - First of all, forget smash HOLY CRAP you are amazing at playing the piano! When you started played I got really hyped in the matches I was playing and it was one of my favorite moments of the tournament. Aside from that you are a really nice guy and you are one of the best people I've ever played in smash. You are going to be winning many tournaments in the future haha.

DSF - Awesome seeing you again Alex. We didn't get to play too much but you were really impressive from the few games I did play you in, which was to be expected :p.

Ripple - Damn you placed high for not playing PM lol.

MDZ - You are a really nice/awesome guy. Thanks so much again for the housing and gg's in teams!

Trail - Our sets in singles and doubles were really fun, you are a crazy smart player and it really shows.

ORLY - Don't think I ever got to play you in singles but you were a lot better in melee than I expected. Good ****.

Dart - Ivysaur OP! Haha nice seeing you again Josh, you are crazy smart/good at smash in general. Focus some more on PM and you could easily be winning tournaments.

Rat - Kind of sad you don't play sonic anymore but your wolf is coming along pretty damn well. Thanks so much for hosting the tournament and for the drink when I was commentating :). Would totally go to another one of these tournaments, you/your staff ran it very well.

Oro?! - Had a lot of fun commentating with you, and the gauntlent games were tooo good :p. Sad you don't play link anymore but your ZSS is sickkkk.

Arty - Good seeing you again, sad we didn't get to play at all!

Sago - Good seeing you again, our tournament set was mad fun/hype.

Tmacc - You do better against me than any bowser aside from kirk lol. You are improving a lot keep it up.

Tink - Good seeing you again man, sad we didn't get to play more aside from that snake game hah.

Scythe - You are like the only person I didn't get to play in singles, noooooo! Next time we need to get games in!

Cosmo - GG's in pools, you are a crazy smart player as usual.

Big C - Man you really had me worried for a second there in bracket haha. Great games you are really good man.

Atma - You are sooooooo good at melee. Grats on finally taking a set from kels, next time you've got the entire tournament for sure :p. Fun teaming as well!

Anyone I forgot sorry :p.

Scythe

Smash Master
yeah sorry hylian, i have this habit at tournaments of just wandering around and not playing friendlies lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I do play Link but all of your bomb tricks and AGT stuff made me feel inferior lol. I just space fair and throw boomerangs.
Haha I used to just rang a lot as well with a few agt tricks, but with the 2.5 changes I had to completely revamp my style to keep competing. Most people seemed to like it :).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't see how any of this is out of the ordinary

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
-Kels: Always fun hanging out with you and playing you, dude. Really appreciated the rides to the train station, and getting food together. Congratulations on taking home like 8 ribbons lol.
-Strongbad: Good seeing you again, Adam. Good stuff in CSP and PM. Sorry we didn't get to team.
-Tom R: GGs in bracket and pool. Our sets were some of my favorites.
-Orly: You gotta hop off of that voodoo stuff, bro. Not playing you in CSP anymore. You witch doctor.
-Tink: GGs in teams. Thought we were gonna get you. Next time for sure.
-Atma: Great talking and playing friendlies with you. Good job in singles, dude! Your Sheik looked really scary.
-Sago: I enjoyed the 1 minute of commentary we did together.
-MattdotZeb: GGs in pools! Guess you're allergic to that magic faerie dust, huh?
-Trail: Thanks for helping me and Tempest out, Roy. Always such a homie. Also really enjoyed our friendlies. Your Climbers are so good.
-Scythe: Pretty sure every time I saw you playing friendlies it was Mario dittos. Good to see you again, man.
-Mundungu: Thanks for teaming with me last minute. Team "guaranteed game 1 victory"
-Frootloop: Guess we didn't get to have our big after tourney dinner this time. So close to playing each other in tournament finally, too. Hopefully it happens soon.
-Juggleguy: Thanks for the friendlies, Rob. Your Falcon definitely taught me a lot. Definitely a fun person to hang out with. Hope to play you again soon!
-Matt R: GGs in CSP.
-TGD: We hung out a pretty good amount at this tournament, huh? GGs in pools. One day I'm gonna find an answer to Sheik that doesn't involve dittos lol.
-Cosmo: Didn't think you were gonna come out for this. Haven't seen you since SMYM 12. We should seriously team one day, dude. Triforce of Wisdom has to represent.
-Ten: Good chillin' with you and listening to you give Kelly lots of **** on the car ride to the train station LOL.
-Ripple: Your Yoshi is pretty sick, dude. Wish we played more.
-Rat: Thank you hosting this whole thing. I know I said that to you like 5 times while I was there, but it was seriously really fun, and well organized.
-John9blue: We've never played each other in singles in any way shape or form. Someday though for sure.
-Tempest: Thanks for traveling with me, dude. I had a ton of fun.
-Shady: GGs in pools. Your Fox was pretty tricky, dude. Definitely gave me trouble.
-Pikachad: GGs in teams, and I enjoyed our friendlies. You're really good with your characters. Hope to play you again soon.
-Hindawg: lol at you not wanting to play me in bracket. It'll have to happen again eventually.
-Quaz: Didn't expect to see you! Good seeing you though, dude.
-Dendy: Good traveling with you as well, dude. Hope your bus ride back was better than Tempest and I's.
-DSF: Good friendlies. Your Marth definitely gave me trouble at times.
-Metroid: Good seeing you again, Brian. I hope your train ride back was safe after Tempest and I got off.
-Dart: I think I played more friendlies with you than anybody, and I'm glad I did. You really helped me out in the Marth matchup and instilled some confidence in me about it. Always super chill and a homie. It was really good seeing you again, my friend. Can't wait to chill with you again at SMYM.

I think that's everyone. If I forgot you please let me know! Had a great time seeing and playing everyone. Get hype for SMYM!

Top Bottom