• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Popular Melee Side Event?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Here are the most up to date rules for Cactuar Stamina Pancake.

Cactuar Stamina Pancake Ruleset
Cactuar (by Cactuar)
- Best of 7
- Random stage from everything except Icicle Mountain and Hyrule Temple

Stamina (by Nintendo)
- Stamina Mode

Pancake (by Zjiin)
- Random characters
- Starting with the winner from the last game, each player may decide to "flip" either character, meaning re-random them.
- For the first match, decide randomly who flips first (via rock-paper-scissors).

Rules Clarifications
- If Zelda is randomed, re-random again to determine if you got Zelda or Sheik. The top 2 rows = Zelda, the bottom row = Sheik. This makes it very rare to have sheik, since she destroys low tier characters.
- Select pichu before randoming. This is done to prevent disputes getting the same character twice in a row. If you "accidentally" hit B to repick Pichu, you are stuck with him.
- If you can't tell who won the match, replay the game.
- Wobbling is LEGAL.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I'd love to run a low tier tournament in my area. I've always wanted to be a TO, and it seems like it would be really fun. I secondary like every low tier (except Zelda).

I'd love to run it like this:
Starters (Neutrals):
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise

I don't remember the name of this rule (Taj's stupid rule?)
They use it at THC.

You can either ban every counterpick stage, or one starter stage.

I would probably cut off the low-tiers at Mario or Luigi.

Anyways, I liked the idea that was going to be implemented at the last Sudden Death (which was canceled)

Mentor Doubles! A pro player must pick a teammate who is either a noob or does not play doubles, and then teach them how to play teams for a little while. Then, of course, there is a doubles bracket tournament for the pro/amateur teams.

I thought this was a fantastic idea.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I played my friend who knocked my HP down to zero, but then fell off the map and died. Who would have won that game? (I'm guessing him)

Bones0

Smash Legend
I wonder if you can use the stage selection option to figure out who won. Someone go set the stage select to "Loser Chooses" or w/e it's called to see who is able to select the stage in any of the controversial scenarios:
1. Both players trade and kill each other (make your life easy and use a Wavebird)
2. One player's HP hits 0, and his opponent SDs before the screen disappears

Ramo

Smash Cadet
I wonder if you can use the stage selection option to figure out who won. Someone go set the stage select to "Loser Chooses" or w/e it's called to see who is able to select the stage in any of the controversial scenarios:
1. Both players trade and kill each other (make your life easy and use a Wavebird)
2. One player's HP hits 0, and his opponent SDs before the screen disappears
The game recognizes the first death, so if you SD afterward, it doesn't matter. Just checked

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
cactuar stamina pancake is the most enjoyable event i have ever had the pleasure of experiencing in SSBM. i like it more than regular singles.

Time_Space_ Continuum

Banned via Warnings
Here are the most up to date rules for Cactuar Stamina Pancake.

Cactuar Stamina Pancake Ruleset
Cactuar (by Cactuar)
- Best of 7
- Random stage from everything except Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, and Big Blue

Stamina (by Nintendo)
- Stamina Mode

Pancake (by Zjiin)
- Random characters
- Starting with the winner from the last game, each player may decide to "flip" either character, meaning re-random them.
- For the first match, decide randomly who flips first (via rock-paper-scissors).

Rules Clarifications
- If Zelda is randomed, re-random again to determine if you got Zelda or Sheik. The top 2 rows = Zelda, the bottom row = Sheik. This makes it very rare to have sheik, since she destroys low tier characters.
- Select pichu before randoming. This is done to prevent disputes getting the same character twice in a row. If you "accidentally" hit B to repick Pichu, you are stuck with him.
- If you can't tell who won the match, replay the game.
- Wobbling is LEGAL.
> Cactuar makes ******** side event
> Everyone likes it
> It promotes camping because its Stamina mode
> Promotes luck cuz random characters
> Makes the ******** chaingrab used by autistic people legal
Everyone who like this should kill themselves.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well the idea is to enjoy stamina mode without dumb spacies and shield everywhere.

Being serious though, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Top Bottom