• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Ike Uthrow

lordhelmet

Smash Master
No change is reported in the changelog. Uthrow acts like it has a significant base knockback increase. Chains Fox until maybe 30%.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It's a fix, why would they unfix it just so you could cg spacies longer?

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
It's a fix, why would they unfix it just so you could cg spacies longer?

Also don't be a ****ing baby, you still have quick draw
Lol? Aggressive much. QDA was still a little silly in 3.5, but now it's pretty bad. I don't care about that much, and I actually advocated for the up-b nerf, but such a heavy change on uthrow on top of the nerfs is too much for me. Uthrow no longer combos non-fast fallers and follow ups on fast fallers are significantly worse (it's not "just so I can cg spacies for longer").

Seems like all that needs to be done is lower base knockback and the throw would be basically the same.

ThaneTheodemir

Smash Rookie
I think that Aether was risky enough of a recovery option with the hole in its hitboxes at the top, but without any light armor at start it is even riskier offstage than it was before. That combined with QD being a plain awful option now makes him a much weaker character overall. I feel like it largely just came from nobody really seeing that good semi-pressure can destroy Ike in the mid-range. The nerf makes one of his best movement options now much harder to use and completely changes Ike's toolkit at higher levels. But that is just me, and I do have a bias, so I would like to hear some reasons why the nerf was good/ other opinions.

Top Bottom