• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[2.6] Metaknight teleport bug

Zef

Smash Ace
i was on lylat cruise, did a standing down b upwards and did a uair and when i landed i got stuck in a flying animation while standing. idk how to explain it better than that lol. wifi build

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have done the same thing in training mode. I don't have any helpful videos or pictures, but I just thought I'd throw this in to confirm.

I did it twice by accident. Trying to replicate now, so far no luck.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
By "flying animation", do you mean his running or glide animation? I tried several times to reproduce this bug on Lylat on the ground and platforms but have not had this happen. If anyone can post a video, that would be wonderful.

EDIT: Nevermind, we were able to pinpoint how to do this glitch and are looking into it.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
I found this bug immediately.
Setup: Down-B up high -> any aerial (not dair) -> Up-B before landing.
It puts MK in a permanent falling position on the ground, completely softlocking him. He can be pushed off the stage (direction doesn't matter, because he can't grab the ledge) for an easy kill.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
My friend posted this in one of the FB groups. I'm just copying and pasting. This was with the Full Set.

MK is broken in 2.6. Gets stuck in a frame perfect DC up > Up air > Shuttle Loop. Tornado and Drill Rush get out before MK gets stuck, trying another DC makes you fast fall and hit the ground before anything can happen. Only way to get unstuck is by getting hit.

Here's what he looks like when he gets stuck.
(refer to attached file)

Okay so getting stuck can also happen after double jumping > DC up > Uair > mashing upB.

New info about the glitch. MK gets stuck when trying to mash UpB out of any aerial (except dair) after DC in the air.

Also, while moving while doing an aerial and mashing UpB, he keeps his momentum.

Okay so I think I've mastered getting stuck. It happens when you appear at the end of DC in the air, do an aerial while not hitting the ground and UpB or DownB (for some reason, Tornado and Drill Rush escape before you get stuck in the falling animation). I think this glitch has something to do with the fact that you can't use specials after ending DC in the air, but aerials somehow allow that to happen.

Attachments

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Okay so I think I've mastered getting stuck. It happens when you appear at the end of DC in the air, do an aerial while not hitting the ground and UpB or DownB (for some reason, Tornado and Drill Rush escape before you get stuck in the falling animation).

I just confirmed this myself after only a couple minutes of testing. The freeze happens every time if you DC -> aerial -> up-B/down-B without touching the ground.

ratch96

Smash Rookie
I found a bug with the teleport as well when I was fighting zss and she used her final smash will I was teleporting I went halfway across the map but didnt take damage

Top Bottom