• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1v1 for fun?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Cause 1v1 would be no fun. :troll:

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure. I know I would throughly enjoy 1v1 matches in the For Fun lobby. Perhaps one day we can see them patch in such a mode if enough of us request it.

Last edited:

ghostlyskillz

Smash Rookie
I think it would be great for less stressful matches. On top of the record not being there, items would be a fun change up in 1v1 now and then. I use to love 1v1ing my brother and getting to the pokeball first! loll stompage

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I think it would be great for less stressful matches. On top of the record not being there, items would be a fun change up in 1v1 now and then. I use to love 1v1ing my brother and getting to the pokeball first! loll stompage
I couldn't agree more. It's nice to spice things up once and a while and not be completely serious with online matches. Not to mention, having fewer players participate in the match will allow the For Fun matches to become less laggy, thus increasing the overall enjoyment of the match. That's my only complaint with the For Fun lobby is that I've yet to had a really lagless match, which is too bad cause the For Fun lobby sounds, well, fun lol XD

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
This should be a thing. I love 1v1 For Glory, but I usually don't bother with For Fun because I fear more lag because of the more players, plus it can be too chaotic at times.

ThaPhantom07

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaPhantom07
I was just thinking about this because sometimes I just want to play 1v1 without the stress of wanting to really win. Sometimes I just want to goof off and learn a new character but all the 1v1s are ranked so I don't actually want to go in with someone I am not going to win with. Ultimately all people have to do is stop caring so much about a few numbers but I can't help but want my record to sparkle.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
like someone kinda said, it's probably safe to assume sakurai thinks 1 v 1 is for SERIOUS ONRY OTHERWISE PARTY GAME NEED 4 MINIMUM.

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
I was just thinking about this because sometimes I just want to play 1v1 without the stress of wanting to really win. Sometimes I just want to goof off and learn a new character but all the 1v1s are ranked so I don't actually want to go in with someone I am not going to win with. Ultimately all people have to do is stop caring so much about a few numbers but I can't help but want my record to sparkle.
Personally, this is pretty much why I usually do free for all in for glory. I do 1vs1 as well, however, I decided that I was miserable taking them seriously all the time, so I just pick whoever while not really caring too much if I win or not. Surprisingly so far I have won the majority of my matches. I remember picking The Villager to be somewhat trolly. I was fighting a really good yoshi. I don't even use villager at all, and I ended up getting lucky with the tree sprouting on him and KOing him.

ghostlyskillz

Smash Rookie
like someone kinda said, it's probably safe to assume sakurai thinks 1 v 1 is for SERIOUS ONRY OTHERWISE PARTY GAME NEED 4 MINIMUM.
True, but then again that would make 1v1 for fun kind of like training mode, but with a real player. Which sounds completely fine to me.

Last edited:

ThaPhantom07

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaPhantom07
Personally, this is pretty much why I usually do free for all in for glory. I do 1vs1 as well, however, I decided that I was miserable taking them seriously all the time, so I just pick whoever while not really caring too much if I win or not. Surprisingly so far I have won the majority of my matches. I remember picking The Villager to be somewhat trolly. I was fighting a really good yoshi. I don't even use villager at all, and I ended up getting lucky with the tree sprouting on him and KOing him.
That's a good point because I tend to not care about the free for all record so I will start doing this when I just want to casually play.

Top Bottom