• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Well, I've wanted to do a Decisive game for a while and since I've got a bit of time on my hands before the school year comes I decided to host one.

SUPER HEROES

The Heroes:

Osseous
Arawn
Stiller
White Paw
Obsidious Rex
Death Boy
Doc Curt
Regulus
Black Hand
Density

The Maps:

City of Trenchton

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I'll join this. Although I am sort of bad in situations that require speed on AIM, so hopefully my superpower is to slow down time.

The not knowing which player is who thing is pretty cool too. I'm pretty sure alternate accounts will be just fine for that.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
All right everyone! PM's with roles and more instructions will be sent out as quickly as I can!

More updates to follow!

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Just sent out Power PM's to everyone. Make sure to read it all the way through and ask me any questions you may have. (my AIM is: vergilijus)

Also, make sure your alt account name is not taken (as well as checking with me to make sure the name is suitable).

A

Arawn

I bet he will be

Someone post if the aim website works for them, please?

W

White Paw

I think it is in everyones interest to sign the following pact, which will be coined the White Paw Pact:

Unless it is an objective that you are given as part of your win condition, I swear that I will not kill another super hero. If another super hero is killed and it is revealed that it was not a game objective of the killer to kill the deceased, then the whole group (myself included) will kill the killer. This is to promote a setting of safety and dispel any sense of worry, while at the same time respecting the situation someone is put in when their win condition requires the death of another player. Signed,

Signatures:
1. White Paw

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Signatures:
1. White Paw
2. Eor

W

White Paw

I'm going to state this to clarify things. To sign the pact, copy and paste the list of signatures into your post and write your name on the list. I'm going to start the list over, because I am not sure if Eor meant to sign the list in his Eor account or his super-hero account, and I am going to let him do it sometime later if he meant to do it under a different name. If he didnt, then he can just sign again. I also dont know if Density meant to sign it or not, but he did say that fair is fair. So to be specific, just sign it.

Also, I understand that someone might not sign the pact. This does not nullify the pact -- if someone did not sign it and kills someone without it being his objective, then everyone on the list will still kill the killer. Signing the pact gives no sort of immunity, it just means that you will help keep the peace.

Signatures:
1. White Paw

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Signatures:
1. White Paw
2. Eor

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Virg, if everybody checks in before the AIM site comes up, can we just start the game anyway and make an account during it? It isn't working now :(

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Unless it is an objective that you are given as part of your win condition, I swear that I will not kill another super hero. If another super hero is killed and it is revealed that it was not a game objective of the killer to kill the deceased, then the whole group (myself included) will kill the killer. This is to promote a setting of safety and dispel any sense of worry, while at the same time respecting the situation someone is put in when their win condition requires the death of another player.
Frankly, I think this pact is a little silly. First of all, it's possible for another superhero to be blocking one of us from reaching our objective. If I am in that situation, even if it is not my objective to kill that superhero, I will kill him to achieve whatever objective he is preventing me from achieving. I will also kill another hero if I think they are somehow putting me in danger, even if I think they are not endangering me intentionally.

Also, there is no compelling reason to adhere to this pact. The idea of a bunch of other superheros targeting you would certainly disincline you from committing thoughtless murders of other players. But why would those other players actually come after the killer? First of all, many of them may be on the same side of the conflict. I'm not going to hunt down one of my allies just because they broke some arbitrary pact. In fact, it seems like far too much bother to even go out of my way to kill one of my enemies who killed someone. I could probably be doing other things to get closer to whatever my goal in the game is. Hunting down one particular superhero doesn't help me at all.

If someone is killed for a dumb reason, and it bothers you, then go and take revenge. A pact like this isn't going to accomplish anything, in my view.

Top Bottom