• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*150€ IN PRIZE MONEY* Brawl tournament at Lantrek '13 in Tampere, Finland

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
AllisBrawl tournament page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13799

Brawl singles tournament at a huge LAN-event in Finland!

Lantrek is one of the biggest annual LAN-events in Finland, this time we get to host brawl singles there.

Prizes for Brawl:
1st place-100€
2nd place-50€
3rd place-product prize

Venue fee 10€, this will grant you access to the venue for the whole weekend, as well as the right to play in any of the console game tournaments (excluding Halo 4 and COD)

Brawl will most likely be played at 17.00 on saturday, this might change though, since we aren't sure of the schedule yet. I will try to make it start earlier if 17.00 is too late for somebody. We can also play crew battles between for example Finland and eventual out-of-country players.

In addition to Brawl, there is a multitude of tournies in other games at Lantrek:

eSports:
StarCraft 2
Counter strike GO
Dota 2
League of Legends
CS 1.6

Console games:
Halo 4
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
NHL 13
FIFA 13
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Tekken tag tournament 2

More info on Lantrek: http://www.lantrek.org/2013/

Sleeping:

The venue has designated rooms for sleeping, which means that they will be silent throughout the night. Be sure to take something to sleep on, since the rooms will only have thin carpets at best.

Traveling to Tampere is easy, it's 2 hours away from Helsinki and Turku by bus or train. A normally priced ticket to Tampere from one of those cities costs around 30€, a ticket for students is approx. 15€.

Feel free to ask about anything regarding the event!

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
I will ask if we can host doubles as well, since some players have been requesting it. For now, only singles is confirmed. Hosting doubles should not be too hard though, since the TO of the tekken tourney has offered me help and will lend us TVs if we should need them.

The maximum amount of attendees for brawl is 32

Interested list:
(C)=confirmed
1. Schwa (C)
2. Jebu (C)
3. Turso (C)
4. Dyna
5. Gardex NOR
6. Cleftor
7. Heru (C)
8. Vurkkeli (C)
9. Waffles (C)
10. mmKALLL (C)
11. Susi (C)
12. Vallu
13. Lob
14. Riolu
15. Hillo (C)
16. LzR
17. Fissio
18. Iines
19. Lari K (C)
20. Near
21. SunGamstie DEN (C)
22. Nadia DEN
23. Woxen NOR
24. Gagga NOR
25. OlafKING NOR
26. 1Miguel1 SWE
27. sGale SWE
28. Tompreos
29. Jonna NOR
30. Eddy GER
31. Tatu_

I will update this list once people start confirming.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Apex of Finland?
anyways, hype !
Norway should definitely come.

Too bad Loota won't be here since he's attending the real Apex.
Schwa you could add "150€" pot bonus or something like that in the title of the thread to make it look more flashy xD

Susi

Smash Apprentice
I believe that 32 is not very strict limit if we get like 40 interested... 32 would anyways be the largest Finnish brawl tournament. Well, Tampora 2 had bigger but it was pretty badly organized...

I recommend this! We rarely have tournaments when you can actually sleep AT THE VENUE! Of this caliber at least...

:phone:

Susi

Smash Apprentice
I guess the limit is for them to run this smoothly. They do all the work, like announcing sets and running the brackets/pools. They don't even use tio. Something more official I think. We just need to inform them about the sets. Anyways, I'm pretty sure they will let us hold bigger event!

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
I bet we could have more ppl enter this. We can make the tourney run much faster, since this time we'll have clear rules for DQ'ing ppl if they are late for their sets.

Susi

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much 14 places left! Local potfillers are taking your spots people...

For tweets follow @SSBBFIN

Top Bottom