• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official FL Power Rankings (top 10) as of 10/04/07!!!

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
ALRIGHT! The Florida panel has spoken, and through democratic means, we have come up with a new and shiny top ten list.

The panelists who made this list were as follows: exarch, qdvs, smashmac, dop, rice, and linguini

Each panelist made a list, then sent it to skrach and fenrir...then through their own systems the lists were used to figure out who got more points (were ranked higher), this was done to get the top 10!!!

To devise these rankings, each person on the 6-person panel, representing each of the FL regions, submitted a list to both me and Skrach, who then, through a very, very complicated procedure (addition, anyone?) came up with a final list. So here, I will now unveil what you have all been waiting for....

1. DaShizWiz
2. Lambchops
3. KeepSpeedN
4. Col Bol
5. QDVS
6. SheikSSBM
7. Rice
8. Exarch
9. Green Mario
10. Smashmac

Honorable Mentions (those who got votes, but not enough to push them onto the list...):
Linguini
Skrach
Derf
Fenrir

And there you have it.

Please be respectable about this. We realize that this may not be completely accurate...feel free to input comments, but keep the flaming off this.

:colorful:

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
first post owned.

An update is planned for after SUPS.

BTW: the discussion to get this list on top of the 2 hours earlier this week took a whopping THREE AND A HALF HOURS.

so please, trust that we put the max time and effort into creating an accurate list.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
I can see how you guys voted based on the tourney results in such but in terms of skill level col bol should definately be up there and at a good placing as well. but i do understand why he is not in the list because of his placings in all of those tournies. I guess his higher placings have been a more recent thing. Anywayz, people who did not make this list, don't sweat it. I honestly have a completely differently ordered list but that doesn't matter. A lot of you guys have insane potential and a few of you are really grasping it. Try not to get so mad when your not doing well at tournies and just try to have fun and play your game. um yeah, i miss the smashing lol.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, the problem with Colin's placing on the list is that Hozart and I have done better in all of the tourneys considered except for the most recent gigs...and we're looking for consistency. I have no doubt that in a few more tourneys, if Colin keeps improving, he'll be on the list easily...I just don't think it's fair right now...

If you look at placings in the tourneys recently...Colin's done well in only a couple. He has some incredible potential, to be sure...and I'm going to enjoy watching him mature in the next few months as a top ranked smasher...just don't feel he really deserves the spot quite yet, despite his very impressive placing at the last gigs.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
i'm not disagreeing with you. im just stating that colin is definately up there skill wise rightnow. just not consistency

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the problem with Colin's placing on the list is that Hozart and I have done better in all of the tourneys considered except for the most recent gigs...and we're looking for consistency. I have no doubt that in a few more tourneys, if Colin keeps improving, he'll be on the list easily...I just don't think it's fair right now...

If you look at placings in the tourneys recently...Colin's done well in only a couple. He has some incredible potential, to be sure...and I'm going to enjoy watching him mature in the next few months as a top ranked smasher...just don't feel he really deserves the spot quite yet, despite his very impressive placing at the last gigs.
So then why does rice get to be on there? Colin has come in second like 2 or 3 times at gigs not including this last one, and he ***** cake eaters at the tampa tournament, and he didn't do so bad at ltec he probably placed ninth, it's also very easy to place better than someone when they didn't attend a tournament fenrir, colin did not attend 2/10 and the january one was conveniently left out and I know Hozart better not be agreeing with him being 10th over colin, I just don't understand.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So then why does rice get to be on there? Colin has come in second like 2 or 3 times at gigs not including this last one, and he ***** cake eaters at the tampa tournament, and he didn't do so bad at ltec he probably placed ninth, and I know Hozart better not be agreeing with him being 10th over colin, I just don't understand.
There were only five tournaments taken into consideration for this. The choice of which tournaments were taken was based on at least two of the larger regions of the state, not separating MEFL and MWFL.

In the five tournaments that were taken, here are the results relative to me, Hozart, Rice, and Col-Bol

Gigabits 12/17:

Hozart: 4th
Fenrir: 5th
Col-Bol: 9th
Rice: no show

LTEC:

Rice:7th
Hozart: 9th
Fenrir: 9th
Col-Bol: 13th

Gigabits 2/10:

Hozart: 5th
Fenrir: 5th
Col-Bol: no show
Rice: no show

Gigabits 3/17:

Col-Bol: 3rd
Rice: 9th
Hozart: ?? (not sure)
Fenrir: 13th

And FORT1, none of us showed up.

Now, It's obvious from these tournaments, which are the only real ones being considered due to legitimacy of rankings in the whole state, that Colin placed above Hozart and me in one, that being the latest Gigabits.

Rice made it onto the list as he has attended the two largest tourneys in FL recently and done 7th and 9th...understand that he has quite a long way to drive to come to these, so no shows do not really affect the ranking as long as he keeps coming and playing. Likewise, the no show for Colin did not negatively affect him in the listing...it did not help him either.

Anyways, from these tournament placings, James has placed higher than Colin in all but one of the tournaments...and since we are looking for consistency rather than a single tournament, James made the cut just above Colin.

Please understand that these rankings will change with every passing large tournament...this is just a starter listing that is as accurate as we can make it at the moment. I already said I have great hope in Colin's potential, and expect him to make the list very soon...just not this one.

Since you brought it up...for the gigabits tourneys that weren't considered...

1/27 Tampa Tourney:

1. Colin
3. Fenrir
4. hozart

1/06 gigabits:

3. Fenrir
4. Hozart
5. Colin

11/18 gigs

2. Colin
5. Fenrir
7. Hozart

10/21 gigs

2. Colin
3. Fenrir (I used Link and Zelda only for the first time...)
4. Hozart

9/02 gigs

2. Hozart
?. Fenrir
?. Colin

Fact is, it's really close however you say it...Just for right now, we think that James deserves the spot due to recent successes...should Colin, as expected, keep doing better and better, he will of course find his place on this list...

I hope that clears it up.

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
I know Hozart better not be agreeing with him being 10th over colin, I just don't understand.
Lol, I left the chat for about 20 minutes and come back to see that I'm 10th and Colin is off the list. In friendlies, Col-bol tends to win when we're playing seriously, but soon him and I should play 10 matches and count the wins to see where we stand to each other.

With me being considered 10th, I feel that means I better start training that much harder. Hahaha, I'm still surprised over the turn of events.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wtf, whats the tournament FORT1 doing in here? How long ago was that?

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Good job little but bigger brothers DaShizWiz and KeepSpeedN for remaining top 2 in FL. Good job Rice on being 9th best in FL.. You deserve it man.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on the top 10 list.

2 questions...

How many of those guys play falco?

How many of those guys play someone that does well against falco?

There are alot of skilled players in florida. Unfortunately not all can place well. Just because a player didn't make the top ten list does not mean they aren't great players.

The examples I can think of right off the top of my head are of course, Manko, Ram, SmashMac, col-bol, and of course Phanna. and countless others. These guys have all done very well with their chars. and I'd say they stand at a disadvantage simply for playing lower tier chars.

Not to say this is an excuse. This list generally consists of people that play the toughest chars to beat the best, and the chars that counter that/those chars. Which would mean that in florida. These people are the hardest to beat. It seems to be a fairly accurate list and great job panelists for making it. But..that doesn't mean at all that these are the only good people in florida. Try not to let the ego's take hold fellas.

I pretty much just wanted to give some recognition to the players that have worked hard to play the chars they like.

And..thomas tipman for president.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
We intend on creating either an "honorable mentions" list, a retired "legends" list or both.

Said lists would include players like colbol, fenrir and derf; and lumbro tippy and goldwing respectively.

As for colbol not being on the list, let's say it went down like this.

The first hour of us "debating" last night was me arguing DF should be higher, I said this because i was only really considering Ltec and the most recent gigabits. Once we fixed the time frame and tourneys we were looking at, I agreed that those above him are not poorly placed.

However, considering the same timeframe, colbol does not deserve to be in the top 10. he placed high at one tourney, and about average at the rest. Hozart always places well; he is far more consistent, and has been through the whole timeframe.

Rice we put that high because he is a "new" addition to the FL tournament scene. His only two tournaments attended he owned at. If his attendance and placings remain high, he will continue to place as high on the PRs.

Not attending recent tourneys does hurt, the reason it didn't hurt rice is because as far as the FL tourney is concerned, he didn't exist until ltec. DF might be higher if his attendance was better.

And all panelists agreed that if colbol ***** at another tourney he's going on the ranks...

I could say more but I'm in class now.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Thanks Boomstick :). Yeah I stick to the characters that I like who are Doctor Mario and Young Link. My main objective for attending tourneys with these characters was to place high with those characters in the tournaments that I've attended them with them so far and gain respect for using those characters and placing above decent (LTEC and Gigabits 03/07). I've already accomplished that which makes me happy. However, as far as being on the PR's and whatnot, it would be nice but I don't think I'm eligible for being on the top 10 and ... to be honest, not even top 15 anymore because of lack of tourney attendance and time to practice due to school/work/lifebesidessmash :(. Even though the characters that I chose to play with aren't as high on the tier list as the mains of about 95% of the people on that list, that doesn't, as far as my standards go, give me a legit reason to place low with them. So my main goal is to just get respect and place relatively high with those characters that I enjoy to play and appreciate.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
My new plan is to use whatever character best fits the situation. At gigabits I was only there for teams with Rice, but I ended up using 7 characters. :p

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow..florida finally did it...we were able to make a fvcking power rankings...like the others...i do believe that col-bol should def be on the list...but i understand your reasoning for him not being there...but i definitelt see col col making the list by the next couple revisions....if not...the next revision...good job guys....i know you put a lot of time into the list...i respect the attempt to make the least biased list poosible...mad props...peace

-hiroshi

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hey, everybody check my post in the latest gigabits thread...we're trying to put together the brackets, or at least placings...

If we have those, it will greatly help our efforts here now and in the future...so please pitch in on your part and help. thanks all!

Linguini

Smash Master
Nice guys, looks like you finally put it together and it looks about right in my eyes, gg to all the panelists, you did a good job.This just motivates me to get that much better and someday be on here............

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I seriously pity anyone who plays Don't Blink at the next tourney. He's going to absolutely **** for being slighted. :)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i'd like to note that this is in no way meant to belittle or over/underestimate anyone. We spent a LONG, LONG time on this list, and had many different views bouncing off each other but we all came to this conclusion in the end. To think or to insinuate large bias in the PR list I believe is an insult to the effort we put into creating it. We literally went through each of those 5 tournaments placing by placing in comparisons, then went further on to analyze specific matchups, consistency, attendance, etc.

If you feel cheated, unnoticed, or maligned by our power rankings.... perish the thought.

just to say before anyone posts anything like that, which may never come, but I felt it needed to be said.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Heh, I respect your opinions, panelists. Congrats James :) I guess I'll have to try even harder from now on ;) I personally don't think I beat James more...we at least go even, if not him beating me more.

Ryan, you're trying too hard ;D

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, shoulda known this was gonna happen. So in response to this incredibly biased list (yes xif, this is a biased list, and you all wasted your time working SOOOOO hard making this peace of crap), I would like to be REMOVED from this list. I just wanna let you guys know, this list is isnt a power rankings list, its a "majority of sfl tournament rankings list". You guys can flame me all you want, but my minds made up, take me off, and put colbol on there. I have no freakin clue whys hes not on there anyway.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm saying I want to speak with all of them so they know what's going on before I just change the list out right!!!

EDIT: Oh and I'm curious why you are so torn up about the list when not too long ago you posted that:

"now that i got all that out, id just like to say i really dont give a **** about the powerrankings. i just dont want any false info or biased opinions going around while discussing this."

:colorful:

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Dark Falchion, we all know that you are Top 5(In my opinion), but as they said, just one tournament doesn't prove it all. You just need to place like this again at another tournament and own some people again. I mean Lol, I barely beat you. How hard should it be? Don't worry about it, just place like Top 5 at another tournament with all of Floridas best again and I'm pretty sure you would be guranteed Top 5.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
to shiz: lmao!!!! man, that wouldnt prove anything, im 100% sure that unless i drive to every sfl tourney and own for a whole year, ill never get top spot. its always been like this. sfl has always been biased vs cfl. oh, and this ahs nothing to do with you shiz, im just mad at most of the other sfl smashers who didnt do so well at the last tourney, and need something they can look at and make them feel like theyre still the best.

to queen: well, i DONT give a **** about the list, y do u think i wanna drop out? cuz i care about the list? no, what gets me, is the fact that most of sfl could never admit that theres possibly a few cfl players that are better than them. They have to resort to making a powerrankings list to show that theyre still the best in there own little world. So i dont wanna be part of this biased crap anymore.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I wouldn't feel right if you put me as 10th...Just skip number 7. Unless you guys really don't want to...

1. DaShizWiz
2. KeepSpeedn
3. Lambchops
4. XIF
5. Uber Ice
6. QueenDVS
8. Green Mario
9. Rice
10. Hozart

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Hozart's Immediate initial response to DF wanting off the list:

Dark Falchion: because of your high skill level and our penchant for keeping this accurate, to keep this objective, we shouldn't take you off by request. If you continue showing up at tournaments and owning, then you'll rise in the rankings regardless of whether you'd like to or not. You'll probably continue owning CFL but that won't rise you up, but if you continue owning SFL that certainly will. Basically, my opinion is that if you want off the list DF, then you must stop attending tournaments so that eventually, with too many absences, you'll essentially fades away, or you could stop being a badass and owning so hard. If you place bad too many times playing a low-tier or something, you'll fall off the list. I think that's the reason why Rockcrock isn't on it. He's gots the low-tier syndrome.

Go to the next couple tournaments playing Bowser only.

That's what I'll be arguing next panelist meeting. This is also my opinion to everyone else who wants off the list.

And Col-Bol, your list seriously confused me. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Top Bottom