• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northeast Circuit Information Thread - UPDATED 4/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
For those who don't know what this is about, please read the original thread by clicking here.

From now on, this thread will contain all information concerning tournaments, schedules, current point standings, and general discussion. Feel free to post anything that relates to the Circuit, and please do not spam in this thread.

Council members for the Northeast Circuit:

Warrior of Zarona
Wes
omegawhitemage

Scheduled Events:
Gauntlet - April 29th 2007

Point System:

Singles
1st 45
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 8
13th 4
17th 2
25th 1

Doubles
1st 45
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 6
13th 2

We're hoping the Circuit will be a huge success, so let's all try to support it as much as we can.

The first thing we're looking for are any sort of noteworthy tournaments that are run in the months of April, May, and June.

If there is a tournament that you are hosting that you feel is a potential to be part of the circuit, you can contact any of the circuit leaders listed above, or feel free to post it here along with any sort of details you can add onto it.

When considering your tournament, we must approve the rules and the schedule for your tournament for it to be part of the Circuit. Once we have it listed as being part of the Circuit, we'll do the best we can to promote your tournament as much as we can. Generally, what it means for your tournament to be part of the circuit is it becomes one of THE tournaments to go to, and any players who participate will receive points depending on how well they placed. Eventually, these tournaments will help seed players into FC.

Please feel free to start applying to have your tournament be part of the Circuit, and feel free to ask us any questions should you have any. Thanks folks!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Yo Chillin

First, I wanted to start a Circuit in your area too, but no one is responding to my requests. This is a New England Circuit, more or less.

Second, I posted a general topic asking for anyone who wanted to help organize this to PM me. So PM me.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yeah, I made some recommendations for that area, but people who live in MD/VA need to step it up and speak to KishPrime about it.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
im a little confused on the whole idea i tried reading the main thread and i kinda lost myself i'll ask someone at the next tourny what the hell this means cause im really interested

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I believe you were banned at the time. I'm trying to get people that won't be banned from Smashboards, please don't take it personally. :( You know I still love you in the Jigglypuff forums!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
id do it but id need more details, considering i run about 90% of all the tourneys in this area.

EDIT: MD/VA, that is.

Cort

Apple Head
I think the ESTICLE series in CT would be a great part of the Northeast Circuit. Our last one yielded ~73 people and 33 teams, and Canadians showed up too.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96720

That's the next one, which is on April 7th. We can make it a monthly thing, easily. Our venue is pretty nice and the guys running it are pretty cool.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok, this is the first time ive been able tgo check this thread at all so far due to not having the internet. anyway, i think including VLS would be a great idea. Especially if the date gets moved.

AQlso the estricle series would bne a good addition as well.

Cort

Apple Head
For now, I think VESTICLE is just too early to get enough out of staters interested in going. I'll talk to the owner of our venue and see if he's interested.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
UPDATES

In case you don't know yet, the point system for each of the circuit events will be as follows:

Singles
1st 45
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 8
13th 4
17th 2
25th 1

Doubles
1st 45
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 6
13th 2

Also, the first event we're going to assign for our regional circuit event will be the Gauntlet on April 29th. You can find more information about that here. The event for May and June are still being worked on.

Velocity

Smash Lord
NEPA in scranton is may 12 i believe that could be a possibility for the circuit.......i love the idea of this circuit

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i vote to make Mays C3 tournament in Ashburn VA a circuit tourney. however, our rules are way different from gauntlet

OTRU...

Smash Champion
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=101862 --->>this is the thread for one of the biggest tourneys of the year in orlando, Florida, we dont have a set date (sometime in june) but we r tryin to make it as big as possible, we will eventually advertise it on the boards, the best of FL will b there n many out of staters as well... maybe u guys would b down for the challenge

someone's gotta rep NY!!!!

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
dude, thats the south...

i agree w/ g-reg.

our last big C3 torney had 94 entrants.

the one in MAY will prob be even bigger.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I was talking to some people down in the MD/VA area, namely Chillin and etc., and he thinks it's a good idea if you guys had your own circuit? I really don't mind at all, but it comes to asking if its what the rest of you want as well.

There's a 3 week period that has to happen in between Circuit tournaments. I would choose NEPA if I could, but that's too close to the Gauntlet, isn't it? I'll talk to Kish about making the exception.

I would skip over C3 in case you guys do want to be part of this circuit we're doing here only because then we can do Pound in June. Otherwise, I'd use Smashtality.

OTRU, your tournament is in the south. You're better off advertising it in your own region.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Actually, it's good that you brought it up.

While I was at FC, I was speaking to KishPrime about how to get things started again. Things went a little downhill with the Gauntlet incident, but we'll be sure to pick things up again. You'll hear from this soon.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
WoZ.. how are things going with this... I think it is an awesome concept and I think i might be able to help on a programming/web presence end if you wanted, and we would def like some of our events at our new location to be involved with it. Hit me up on aim Giants625 if you wanna talk about it.

Nick

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yes, I would like to get this thing going. I remember you saying you wanted to use your September event. I say go for it! We'll talk about the details later.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
WOZ: IM me sometime soon, I've heard some things through blue and I'd like to confirm/discuss some things with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom