• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for Yoshi?

Ryuartyi

Smash Rookie
Well, my brother plays a pretty decent Yoshi, espically for being a beginner of the advanced tactics. Well, I'm having trouble beating his edge-guarding game with his sex kick. He makes liberal use of dsmash, f-smash and a fair spike. Anyone have any tips? I usually wavedash to u-smash + lightning, but it's not working well.

N64

Smash Champion
Try to space yourself a little to far to be dsmash/fsmash'd, then run in and usmash if he misses either. Shieldgrab or shield->usmash is nairs. Also, mix up your recovery to keep him guessing on where you're going to recover (i.e. swtich between going for the edge, the stage, and any platforms). Also, try to get the timing down for wall teching when you try to sweetspot the edge.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Pika Pika! is terrible...That yoshi sure is awesome tho!!! Perhaps I can play that yoshi sometime, but as for that pikachu...I think I'll pass...

Top Bottom