• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi ***** me

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't get any Luigi practice so when I face a decent Luigi it gets ugly. He is too light to combo and he outprioritizes everything I do. Anyone have a good gameplan against Luigis?

rysaN

Smash Cadet
Luigi: He's light, which is awesome. He's also got pretty ridiculous priority to alot of his aerials, which isn't so awesome. He's relatively easy to kill, though. Usmash at mid percentages, or uair to screw his already poor recovery. Watch out for pretty much all his aerials, stay below him when you can, and take advantage of any opportunities to mess up his rhythm. Not too familiar with this matchup, so I assume it's about even.
this was from the sticky "Pika's Matchups" by N64, in case you never bothered reading it.

i don't have much experience with luigi either, so i don't really have any input here

N64

Smash Champion
uair spike at any and every opportunity. It's probably your best weapon, as it owns his recovery. His nair can break many of your combos, so watch out for it and don't go out of your way to try to continue a combo on him. Hit and run is probably best. Watch out for his aerials and dsmash.
Usmash -> thunder is also good, as he's pretty light, but you'll probably have few opportunities to. You may be able to usmash from shield after shielding a sh fair or nair, but I dunno. I don't get too much luigi practice either, but I've played enough to know I don't like the matchup.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't suggest grabbing in this match-up.

I throw a lot of jolts out, and shield a lot.

Don't fall for his WDing tricks.

_clinton

Smash Master
Well Pika's a fat rat and Luigi's a thin human, overall we can see which is better, however Pika's got many things to beat a Luigi with, His tail (already talked about 20 or so times) his recovery (also talked about 20 times). But there is one thing that hasn't been said yet and that is a move chart look at... check this out

A- Pika's got a super combo and Luigi has a 3 hit combo, Pika's is faster by about 20X as much, Pika wins

Dash A- Pika's got a laggy hit and Luigi's got a very bad combo, Pika wins but not by much

Foward A- Pika does a 2 foot kick and Luigi does a round house kick that can tilt, Luigi Wins.

Down A- Pika does a Tail trip and Luigi kicks your knee, Tie the knee sets up for a air game but the tail opens for a shffl nair + it is has good range.

Up A- Pika tails the sky and Luigi cat paws the sky. Pika wins The tail has great range and + a lot of things.

Wave dash- Luigi wins hands down

Short hop -Pika wins even though it is harder to use Pika is very fast if you use it right.

More of my thoughts latter ok

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I use uair a lot to mess up his aerial game, If I pop him up an usmash I realized that his air recovery is insanely quick and his nair is annoying so I start to do Pika's uair, it usually flicks him away then you can tech chase him into anything you wish.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
The best advise I can give is dont fall for his air combos. If he is landing on you, he WILL use two ariels at least. Shield through the WHOLE landing, not just when he's done doing one of his attacks.

Also, make luigi run around and be SMARTER then him. That's how I beat luigis. The best part about luigi is when you get him to the edge, he's on the ropes. Just always assume he might explode and dont get hit by it, but other than that you're fine.

Top Bottom