• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Ground IV (2/17/07) at CoD: You Saw Nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
No, SG hasn't gone underwater. After much suspense, I present SGIV!

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137-6599

(Mapquest it if you need to)

We are located in rooms SRC1740 and SRC1750:
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/SRC_12.gif

We will begin taking sign-ups at 11 am, and continue to take sign-ups throughout the day. Doubles will start at noon for $10 per team, and then singles will follow for $5 per person. There will then be an hour long break to do as you will, namely go for food. After that, we will have a Low Tier Tourney for $5 per person, then finish up with Crews for $25 per crew.

BRING SETUPS, PEOPLE. I can't stress this enough, for we'll be needing a lot of them, as we haven't had quite enough for past events. A FULL SETUP WILL GRANT YOU $2 ENTRY INTO SINGLES. (Full setup = TV, Cube, Game, Mem Card)

Smashing Ground Singles/Low Tier Rules:

-Tournament is double elimination.
-Double Blind Pick may be elected at the beginning of a set.
-A set begins with a random stage.
-Both players may also agree on a (legal) stage to play, but inability to agree = random.
-Random Stages include: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story.
-Banned Stages include: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Great Bay, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Infinite Glacier, Flatzone, Venom.
-All other stages available for counterpicks.
-Sets are default best of three, with finals being best of five.
-Four stock, 8 minute games.
-Advanced Slob Picks will be used: loser chooses stage, then winner switches character is desired, then loser switches character if desired.
-Each player may knockout one stage from selection.
-No stage may be used twice in the same set.
-Stall tactics banned.
-Prize Structure: 60%/30%/10% for 1st/2nd/3rd
-Obviously, Low tier is the lower half of the Tier List.

Smashing Ground Doubles Rules:

-Tournament is double elimination.
-Double Blind Pick may be elected at the beginning of a set.
-A set begins with a random stage.
-Both teams may also agree on a (legal) stage to play, but inability to agree = random.
-Random Stages include: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story.
-Banned Stages include: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Great Bay, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Mute City, Foutain of Dreams.
-All other stages available for counterpicks.
-Sets are default best of three, with finals being best of five.
-Four stock, 8 minute games.
-Advanced Slob Picks will be used: loser chooses stage, then winner switches character is desired, then loser switches character if desired.
-Each team may knock out one stage from selection.
-No stage may be used twice in the same set.
-Stall tactics banned.
-Prize Structure: 60%/30%/10% for 1st/2nd/3rd

Smashing Ground Crew Rules:

-Round Robin Format, most wins gets the entire pot.
-A Crew is 5 people, no more, no less.
-A crew will have total twenty stock divided evenly among its members, so 4 per.
-Each crew will elect a team captain, who is to write down their starting player and each member's character, which will be compared at the end of the match to confirm fair play.
-The team captain will select order after the initial player.
-Crews will take place on only the following random stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, and Dreamland 64.
-No time limit for crews, but stall tactics are still banned.
-A winning player will have their damage reset and start on the opposite side of the stage as their foe after killing themselves enough to equal the stock they had remaining.

Smashing Ground Miscellaneous Rules:

-There will be one TV designated for friendlies at all times. If you are not at this tv, you must vacate others for tourney matches if you yourself are not playing one.
-Coaching will only be accepted for a minute between games of a tourney match.
-Players may not view the brackets.

All that said...

Come to Smashing Ground IV: You Saw Nothing...

Zjiin

Smash Master
Smashing Ground Miscellaneous Rules:

-There will be one TV designated for friendlies at all times. If you are not at this tv, you must vacate others for tourney matches if you yourself are not playing one.

-Players may not view the brackets.
Good luck on that friendly setup, but i'm all about hidden brackets. nice!

Zjiin

Smash Master
Whats wrong with looking at brackets?
At SG2 I remember a mistake where someone wrote the wrong name down, and someone caught it by looking at it.
Well, that might have worked out well, but we shouldn't plan around mistake making. Besides, now people can't throw matches for fear of who they'll have to play next.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
i'm enjoying the hour earlier start and removal of D-gay-64 from the neutrals.

needless to say i should be there

eno

Smash Rookie
about how far is this tournament from waukegan.. im new to this area

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Precisely the point, my good man. Plus, if people aren't looking at it, they aren't touching it, either, so there's no error.
Players aren't the only people who make mistakes. Try to have several officers checking the brackets.

Should we just forget about that video?

Mars-

Smash Champion
I have been waiting for this my entire year. And it's finally here. I'll probably be making this. BTW, why not this month?

fugie

Smash Cadet
I have been waiting for this my entire year. And it's finally here. I'll probably be making this. BTW, why not this month?
The reason why we didnt have it this month because the room was filled up on all the saturdays this month.

fugie

Smash Cadet
Players aren't the only people who make mistakes. Try to have several officers checking the brackets.

Should we just forget about that video?

The video is done, we were going to put it on youtube last week but i cant seem to get a hold of my friend to put it on there.

Scythe

Smash Master
odds are i'll be there with 3 more people so if osmeone is interestedin being 5th man the crew battles i'd be delighted to hear it

Zjiin

Smash Master
odds are i'll be there with 3 more people so if osmeone is interestedin being 5th man the crew battles i'd be delighted to hear it
I'd be up for crew if you guys are short of people. And i'm pretty sure my team mate is gonna flake on me, so i'll probably looking for a parnter in doubles too.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
Good. Now I won't have to ban it each round. BTW where have you been for wednesday smash MJN?
i went to MI. then i was gunna go 2 weeks ago, but my friend crapped out on me. if ur having it this week, i'll try to attend, but i have class at 8am thurs so i dunno yet. i could really use the practice though, haven't played in a while.

TRE1

Smash Apprentice
don't be a ****... I have 8 am class thursday too. but i'll be there

looking to assemble a crew.....whose interested?

Tink

Smash Hero
tinky wants MMs, as well as capn awesome to come again!!!

also, who needs a partner for this still? also, whose crew is tinky in?

eno

Smash Rookie
i need a teams partner and a crew if i go... im so new to the midwest i dont know any smash players here.. i want to get back into the smash scene

Scythe

Smash Master
hey tink you wanna come with my crew weon ly got 4 peeps coming to this.
you can meet us before Sg4 if you got to tournybee this ocming saturday.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Odin is playing WITH Samus...

Odin still mains Ganondorf, secondary is still DR.TRAN. I am trying to pick up Samus as a secondary secondary. ^_^

Marth_101: Perhaps we shall team again! ^_^ I wanna see if I'm bringing anyone with me that weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom