• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ZANT Discussion Thread (TP spoilers)

WR3K

Smash Ace
in the end ganondorf leaves his body and Zant shows his true self.... while showing the loss of his sanity....

whether you liked his phsycotic and childish persona or not, you know he would be a very interesting brawl character

whether midna and wolflink get in together or not, i hope Zant is included... his personality is trualy unique and could really stand out in the crowd, maybe offer some comic relief...

his moveset could be very exotic and fresh, with his warping and twilight magic

he could use his red energy balls and even his hack n' slash blades he swings around at the end for a few attacks...

feel free to discuss movesets and themes for him to be in brawl

it would be cool to see his many colors as well in SSBB

SUGGESTED MOVESET:
courtesy of STRYKS

Zant full moveset:

Stats:
Power: 4/5
Height: 4/5
Speed: 3.5/5
recovery: 3.5/5
weight: 3/5

A: Punch [3%]
AA: Punch [3%]
AAA: Knee [4-6%]

tilts:
Forward tilt: Big Boot [10-14%]
Up tilt: will thrusth his hand upward [9-12%]
Down Tilt: same as mario's [11-13%]
back Tilt: back elbow [10-14%

Smash:
<> Smash: Kinda like marios, only with a dark energy ball instead of the fire, and uses both hands [20-24%]
Up smash: does a jump and hits oponents with helmet [23-27%]
down smash: Sends his fist to the ground making a shockwave, anyone within the shockwave's way will get hit [18-23%]

running a:
Running with daggers *The move he does on the final stage when u fight him, gives 4 hits* [3-4% per hit]

aerials:
A: Sex kick [15-19%] *may think of something else*
AFA: Hammer punch *With both hands, he sends the oponent staright down, its a spike, after executing the attack he does a 360 degree turn, nad places himself in falling position* [17-22%]
ABA: Back kick [17-20%]
ADA: Same as ganondorf's [16-20%]
AUA: Similair to zelda's, but with a dark energy ball [18-22%]

Grab:
Hold: Hold oponent by the neck (choking)
attack: Sends dark-color electricity trough the oponents body
Forward throw: simply throws the oponent forward [14-17%]
back throw: sends him backwards and shoots shadow darts at him [20-22%]
Dwon throw: Sends oponent downward, and the stomps on the oponent rapidly about 2-4 times *just like he stomps on the 2nd stage when u fight him, only faster* [17-20%]
Upward throw: same as back throw only upwards

B moves:
B: Shadow darts: Those energy attacks that he does in the game, could be chargeable and thrown, but he cannont keep the charge, like samus and mewtwo style, once fully charged, or u let the attack go and someone will attack u when ur vulnerable...
<>B: Psycho spin: the spin he does in the game, would work like yoshis <>B, only thing is, if u use it too much, zant will get dizzy for 2-3 secs, and thus vulnerable
Down B: Zant shadow: This move will be hard to explain... the longer u hold the b button, the more powerful it gets, it has a max-power point, when it reaches it, the attack will unleash itself... anyway, an energy ball-like attack will appear in the ground, this ball will increase in size, depending on how long u hold b, u can use the control stick to move the ball, thus this ball will move farther or closer to zant depending in which direction u tilt the control stick, release b or charge it completely and the attack will burst and make a poweful attack and damage those near it, imagine like a mini volcano eruption, spitting the lava upward, but instead of lava it dark/shadow energy...
Upb: Teleportation: This move is sell explinatory (spell it rite?), he disappears and reapears in the directioon u til the control stick...

super: he will dash forward, if he strikes someone in his way, he will hold him/her/it with his hand, grabbing the neck, thus choking him/her/it, then zant will charge with his other hand a powerful energy, he then says "Fear the king of twilight!!!" witha menacing voice, then shoots the enery straight to the choking victim, unleashing a devastating dark attack that damages the oponent considerably...

Taunts
Taunt in game: Doeas a weird wacky pose
victory taunt: He levitates and dark energy starts to surround him
Victory taunt2: he stands on his knees, worshiping ganondorf, being his "god" and all...
victory taunt3: He laughs with an evil voice, the with one hand, he holds a dark energy ball...

kirby hat:
Kirby gets zants helmet-mask thing...

some pics:

Shurikono

Smash Cadet
I'm more of a Midna fan, Zant was just used by Ganondorf, he is not worthy for Brawl imo. I wouldn't mind if he would make it, but Midna comes in first.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, since Melee had 5 Zelda characters, why wouldn't Brawl have 5? Assuming Sheik and Young Link are gone ofcoarse. I see no reason why they couldn't have both Midna and Zant, since they're both important.

Btw, I loved how Zant suddenly changed from the silent, merciless villian to a crazed psycho! :D One of my favorite parts of Twilight Princess was fighting Zant, it was by far the best boss battle in the game.

WR3K

Smash Ace
yea, i couldnt edit my other title, let it die its an old thread...

as for midna- id love midna to be in it too but theres enough midna threads, shes got enough popularity

Zant however is a fresh face to the scene and WAS Ganon's initial connection to the light world

IMO worthy for this generation's super smash brothers but probably wont make it for the one after brawl... sort of like how i think sheik will end up

however- he would be a **** fun character to play with

Shurikono

Smash Cadet
The question is should all Zelda characters be based of Twilight Princess?
Like there are a lot of Zelda games, with more deserving characters then Zant imo.

WR3K

Smash Ace
that is a good question, although i cant see of any more characters more deservingbecause all oldshcool characters you can say have also just been in one game (ok, maybe aghanim but hes way old)

Stryks

Smash Hero
*u should have just edited the name of the old thread*
Anyway, I believe zants chances, are not high, but not low either, we need more villain characters, and addin one more villain from the zelda series wouldnt hurt, besides he had a big role in TP, durin the game, while I was playin I tough Zant was ganondorf, and thus he would be the main villain, remembered when u passed the water temple (I believe it was cant remember) and after u arrived on the cave thing where the last of the 4 light spirits was (in the 1st pic in the 1st post) I was like shocked that zant was there, he took down wolf link, midna, and, if I remembered correctly, the light spirit too, I tough "man this guy is good!"... but about 1/2 or 3/4 of the game I realized the main boss to beat was ganon, thus zant was kind alike a puppet, still Im hopin he makes it, sure theyre are other characters like MM Skull kid and Vaati could work, tough Ive always wanted skull kid in, I kinda doubt it, since MM happend way long ago, and maybe sakurai wont take him in noticed, and vaati, I dont like him, hes appeared only in handheld games (right?), and well I simply dont like him, so im hopin zant makes it, hes pretty awesome XD...

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Imo, Zant should be in brawl, he was the second to last boss in TP and he has room for a great move set. I would like to see him with his helmet on though, but beggers can't be choosers so.... He did played a major roll in TP, so he does deserve to be put in Brawl, but that's just my opinion. =]

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
Imo, Zant should be in brawl, he was the second to last boss in TP and he has room for a great move set. I would like to see him with his helmet on though, but beggers can't be choosers so.... He did played a major roll in TP, so he does deserve to be put in Brawl, but that's just my opinion. =]
Moveset? MOVESET!?! I'd like to see you make up a moveset for Zant right now, based on Tp.
The only thing Zant did in Tp was use his sword and shoot purple balls at you. He turned out to be a sissy in that battle, being a b**** about why he's not king. He sucks. Period.

Stryks

Smash Hero
This is coming from the guy that wants these characters:

Blazieken, Sceptile, Swampert (Pokemon)
Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, Chunky Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Yeah Like zant is worst than these guys... right...[/SARCASM]

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I was just going to start a thread like this, I really , really want this guy in the game. I would like to see each b ttack b a transformation ( he transforms LOADS in the boss fight), and then have only a attacks for them. OH...I want Zant!

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I nither have the time nor the motivation to put up a move set, but im sure that they don't all have to be from TP, i mean ganon's warlock punch has never been in a Legend of Zelda game. Anyway, Zant never transforms, but that dosen't make much of a difference, he still would be a great addition to SSB.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I nither have the time nor the motivation to put up a move set, but im sure that they don't all have to be from TP, i mean ganon's warlock punch has never been in a Legend of Zelda game. Anyway, Zant never transforms, but that dosen't make much of a difference, he still would be a great addition to SSB.
I guess u didn't notice that Ganondorf was just a clone of Captain Falcon then did ya... they just named it Warlock Punch to give it the distinctive nature that it was Ganondorf's move... really pay more attention please...

Also i thought Zant was gonna be alot stronger then he was... he was really tough looking in the beginning, i mean he just told Zelda to drop the sword basically and then she dropped it... i was hoping for a better fight outta him tho... it wouldn't matter to me if he is in it or not.. but if he is, he should be made as a good character, being how since there is more or less around 40-50 chars i just hope they don't just throw chars in there and make them have crappy movesets... just because ppl voted for the chars

WR3K

Smash Ace
he could have his tornado spin from the final battle, that could be a b move, maybe his down b?

his hack and slash attack could be his forward B, the one where he crazily slashes torwards link

his up B could be his teleportation....

his b could be his many small energy ballshe would be a floaty character it seems, with his loose clothes flying around

his running speed would be a little faster then link

he would be weaponless the whole time but can generate those swords when he does the certain b attacks

he could be able to charge his b... maybe like sheik, only it charging into a big ball

his smash attack could either be with twilight magic, his arms, or with that big sword he generates in the 4th temple, he will also generate this from scratch each time

trying to battle someone whos good with him should have the feeling of that last boss battle with him, very frantic, random, and crazy

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Doesn't gannondorf warlock punch link out side the hylian market when you have gotten all the sacred stones?Doesn't matter he uses dark magic.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I guess u didn't notice that Ganondorf was just a clone of Captain Falcon then did ya... they just named it Warlock Punch to give it the distinctive nature that it was Ganondorf's move... really pay more attention please...

If i didn't know that Ganon was a clone of C. Falcon, then i shouldn't even call myself a smasher(meaning i do know that he is a clone) But thats besides the point.

Even if he is a clone of C. Falcon, does C. Falcon ever use his Falcon punch outside of SSBM? My point is that some moves the charecters have in Melee are are COMPLETELY made up, meaning Zant can definatly have a complete move set, even if not all of the moves are from TP =]

WR3K

Smash Ace
If i didn't know that Ganon was a clone of C. Falcon, then i shouldn't even call myself a smasher(meaning i do know that he is a clone) But thats besides the point.

Even if he is a clone of C. Falcon, does C. Falcon ever use his Falcon punch outside of SSBM? My point is that some moves the charecters have in Melee are are COMPLETELY made up, meaning Zant can definatly have a complete move set, even if not all of the moves are from TP =]

correct... BUT the falcon punch was in the anime

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
correct... BUT the falcon punch was in the anime
Can't disagree with you there, for I have never seen the anime. At lest i don't think....

Hey, WR3K,would you be so kind as to tell me witch one came out first, the anime, or Melee?

WR3K

Smash Ace
i dont know, for all i know the falcon punch could have come from melee

although a melee move sinking into the last episode of an anime seems kinda farfetched

look for the final episode on youtube, thats how i saw it, its kinda entertaining and funny seeing it

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Well, i couldn't find the episode, i would appreciate it if you post a link or pm me.

But, C. Falcon had falcon punch in SSB, and i honestly think that came out before any F-Zero anime, but i may be wrong =/

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I think that Zant would make a great addition to brawl, he would be so unique as a character.

JPW

Smash Ace
Well, since Melee had 5 Zelda characters, why wouldn't Brawl have 5? Assuming Sheik and Young Link are gone ofcoarse. I see no reason why they couldn't have both Midna and Zant, since they're both important.

Btw, I loved how Zant suddenly changed from the silent, merciless villian to a crazed psycho! :D One of my favorite parts of Twilight Princess was fighting Zant, it was by far the best boss battle in the game.
that was your favourite battle?
I found it kind of shallow to be honest. It was clever.
But he only replicated like the first three bosses. I wanted to see a Stallord Replication.

By the way Stallord was my favourite boss.

Zant be an interesting character no doubt though.
Could really mesh well with others.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ill make a moveset for Zant l8r... so u can get an idea...

by the way, the anime came after smash, they got the idea of the falcon punch from smash, and, thus they added it in the anime...

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
This is coming from the guy that wants these characters:

Blazieken, Sceptile, Swampert (Pokemon)
Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, Chunky Kong (Donkey Kong series)

Yeah Like zant is worst than these guys... right...[/SARCASM]
Ok ok, you got me there...but what if I screwed the Kongs and Sceptile and Swampert?

Stryks

Smash Hero
why should 3 starter pkmn be in brawl, give me good reasons, and why should they be instead of the red/blue/green, silver/gold/crystal and diamon/pearl starters?

and Ive never even HEARD of those kongs, are just cant remembeer them...

Zant FTW!!...

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
why should 3 starter pkmn be in brawl, give me good reasons, and why should they be instead of the red/blue/green, silver/gold/crystal and diamon/pearl starters?

and Ive never even HEARD of those kongs, are just cant remembeer them...

Zant FTW!!...
We could have a mix, ya know? Feraligatr, Blazieken, and that penguin starter, the evolved one...
Oh, and the kongs are from Donkey Kong 64, for (you guessed it) N64.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Meh no starters in brawl, only legendary and unique (mewtwo, deocys) should be in brawl...
never playd DK64...
SUPPORT ZANT FOR BRAWL!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
No blaziken has little chance, hes just a starters, many just like him just becaus ehe looks good and can kick/punch... yay... yes lucario and deoxys deserve the shot way more, blaziken is just the evolve form of a starter, why dont we add charizard while were at it, typhlosion... ok no more pkmn crap, I know blaziken wont make it in, but zant has a chance, go zant!!...

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
He may be a starter, but he's a very good starter. Charizard is like a cheat with those wings, typlosion wouldn't work. Blazieken's moveset is ENOMOUS.
I'll believe Zant can be in SSBB after Link and Ganondorf make a truce!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Link and ganondorf makin truce... u have to be kidding...
why wouldnt charizard work... he has wings oh yeah... guess hed be to borken... hmm wait PIT AND METAKNIGHT HAVE WINGS *SHOCKED!*... In Diamond and pearl, theres a starter pkmn that is the same type as blaziken, fire/fighting... blaziken aint unique... no more spamming about pkmn...

Zant moveset:

B: Shadow darts: Those energy attacks that he does in the game, could be chargeable and thrown, but he cannont keep the charge, like samus and mewtwo style, once fully charged, or u let the attack go and someone will attack u when ur vulnerable...
<>B: Psycho spin: the spin he does in the game, would work like yoshis <>B, only thing is, if u use it too much, zant will get dizzy for 2-3 secs, and thus vulnerable
Down B: Zant shadow: This move will be hard to explain... the longer u hold the b button, the more powerful it gets, it has a max-power point, when it reaches it, the attack will unleash itself... anyway, an energy ball-like attack will appear in the ground, this ball will increase in size, depending on how long u hold b, u can use the control stick to move the ball, thus this ball will move farther or closer to zant depending in which direction u tilt the control stick, release b or charge it completely and the attack will burst and make a poweful attack and damage those near it, imagine like a mini volcano eruption, spitting the lava upward, but instead of lava it dark/shadow energy...
Upb: Teleportation: This move is sell explinatory (spell it rite?), he disappears and reapears in the directioon u til the control stick...

super: he will dash forward, if he strikes someone in his way, he will hold him/her/it with his hand, grabbing the neck, thus choking him/her/it, then zant will charge with his other hand a powerful energy, he then says "Fear the king of twilight!!!" witha menacing voice, then shoots the enery straight to the choking victim, unleashing a devastating dark attack that damages the oponent considerably...

ta-da zant moveset XD...

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Stryks, for making that move set, at least i know one other person can imagine Zant with a full move set =]

But shouldn't his super move be a large scale attack, hiting everyone on the field, the way marios does with his, because if you where to hit him during the super move you described,it would be way to hard to pull his off, because of how easy it is to hit a non moving object in SSB.

Maybe his should send out thousands of little dark migic spheares, the way mewtwo does with his forward thow, but on a wider scale, and not on one indevisual person, but thats just a thought.....

But this is off topic, Zant for Brawl =]

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok got another idea for his super:

Super: Black scatter: time will go slow mo, every move u make will go at slow speed, zant (with normal speed) shoots black energy balls EVERYWHERE on the stage, the enegy balls will float in midair, and then after having like 30 balls floating in the air, he holds his hands up high, and then brings them down fast, all the balls of energy fall at the same time, kinda lika a rain of energy balls, so to speak, these balls give massive damage, but when at the begining, when times go slow u can easily go below a platform and thus protect urself from the attacks...

all I got...

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Good idea, but the slow mo shouldn't be to slow, or it will kinda make the game like all those other cut scene super move games, and might slow down the gameplay, but that all depends on how often the super move appears, still a great idea Stryks =]

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
Lol, sorry to burst your bubble, but THAT'S NOT A FULL MOVESET!
And about that Link and Ganondorf thing...what I meant was Link and Ganon will never make a truce, so I'll never believe Zant to be in SSBB.
EDIT
That fire-starter in d&p sucks *** so hard! A monkey that throws fire instead of poop.

Top Bottom