• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smashfest (Next 6-2-07)

Sliq

Smash Master
Cincinnati, Oh 45215

My Cell : (330)-575-2866

Housing will be offered.

When:

6/2/07

Earliest arrivals at 1 P.M. The RR tournament will start at 3 P.M., so don't be late!

Please be respectful of my property. No alcohol or illegal substances in the apartment.

Bring setups. Worst case scenario, they don't get used.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Lets make this the new thread since Sliq is the one running these things.

The first one had a lower turn out than I expected, but I am sure the more we do these the more people that will show up.

So when is the next one? The week after SMYM or two weeks after?

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
More likely to be two weeks after considering they're BIweeklies. We should just call em Midwest Mini-circuits, or Or Midwest Circuit midterms or whatever.

neko

Smash Apprentice
i didnt hear about this till today... so how did this thing turn out?

Sliq

Smash Master
Ashley has offered her place for the next one since her roommate moved out, and more than likely she'll have more room than at my place. If one week after SMYM 6 she's still cool with hosting it, I'll change the info in the first post and we'll have it at her place.

I could still offer housing to a few people if Ashley doen't want to take everyone/doesn't have enough room.

The next one will be two weeks after SMYM 6. WORD.

Sliq

Smash Master
If I drive, it will prbably be me, Kel, Tayo, Overswarm, and Ameer. TV in the trunk, so you can't ride in there.

Also, Kel's idea of naming them Midwest Midterms is stupid, just like HIS FACE. ICE BURN!

Daniel_7

Smash Rookie
Whoa. Cincinnati is not very far from my residence! Near an hour travel time. Too late.

wangston

Smash Lord
I live about an hour away from cincinnati so I think I might be able to convince some of my friends to go to the next one when you have it.

Sliq

Smash Master
The next one might be at Ahley's house assuming she is still up for hosting it. If not it will still go down, at my place. If it does go down at Ashley's and there isn't enough room at her place, some people can crash at my place.

I'll talk to her at SMYM 6 or at DAAP if I see her.

Sliq

Smash Master
i talked to her earlier and she said it was cool and that shes not making smym
Allright, well all I need to do now is update the location. Ash, if you read this before I contact you, just post the detals here, if you would.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I wish I would have remembered to check the boards, maybe I wouldn't have missed the last one. As for now I'll bring some people, but seeing as I didn't get a Wii preorder in I might have to leave for a bit around midnight... >_>

Oh, and my roomate and I are up for hosting something maybe a bit smaller sometime if anyone is interested. I'd love to do a full-scale smashfest but we unfortunately don't have a whole lot of space... room for maybe three setups max, and that's being a bit generous. :ohwell:

Sliq

Smash Master
Yes, this should be big. We have a much larger venue this time (Ashley's pimpass apartment FTW), and we'll have to seperate locations for housing, so there isn't any reason to not come to this. As soon as I hear back from Ashley, I'll update the thread with the location.

wangston

Smash Lord
I really want to go but I need more info and how long will this last. If I do go I really hope I don't have to stay for more than 3 or 4 hours. I think I can bring 1 or 2 people this time because all of my other friends didn't pre order their Wiis and they will have to wait in line. I'm still not sure if I'm going to be able to come i'm about 30% sure I'm going I just need to know where it is and maybe some directions. Another thing how good should I expect people to be? are these people going to be like the videos of ken, bombslider, and other pros? If i'm going to lose first round that will be depressing I consider myself I step or two below the pros but I don't know I have never actually played a good person.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
well wangston, you may lose first round if you havent played a good person before, cause jiano fros people really hard. but you will still be able to play friendlies with people while youre there, and thats the best way to get better. and you dont have to stay more than 3-4 hours, but a lot of us are probably going to be staying closer to 13-14.

Buttram2006

Smash Cadet
Hey I (TOGP) will be there with BGCY and we'll probably bring SALT & VTHP. I believe Qui is coming and I'll try to bring Michelle (Viscious Mistress). I also hear that MegaChuk is coming to this.

Sliq

Smash Master
I've kind of updated the location. Ashley's house is on Bishop St., right off of Martin Luther King Drive. If I don't here from her, just use the map as a reference and give me a call. It will be the place with all of the cars parked in front of it.

wangston

Smash Lord
Just so I'm getting this straight there may or may not be a tournamate but there will be lots of "friendlys" or what ever it is called were you just play other people. Just to make sure this is at some ones house and they will be cool with people showing up. I'm not 100% if I can come yet I have to secure a ride but if I do come I can bring 3 other people and another GC set up.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
You will get to play a lot of smash if you are there, and any event you see on smashboards will be cool with people showing up, the hosts understand what they are doing when they post events.

Sliq

Smash Master
There is probably going to be a tournament regardless of how many people show up. Of course more people will mean a better tourney. Should only a few people show up, we'll probably do a Round Robin tournament.

Last time I played from 2 P.M until 6 A.M. If that isn't enough friendlies, then you should consider medication.

Top Bottom