• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WORK. TIME. FUN. Tourney in MA jan. 27 DON'T POST IN THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Work. Time. Fun.
Smash Melee
Smash 64

This tourney will be held Sat Jan. 27 07 so im giving people plenty of notice to get days off,time to plan, or whateva else poeple would use as an excuse.

The place

The collectors guild
26 wood ave
Mansfield MA 02048 (My home town)

Time around 3 it will start we have as long as we want the owner said.
$5 to get in store
$10 singles
$10 for teams

If you pay for singles $5 goes to the store and $10 goes to the pot

Need Cubes, N64's,ps2's, fighting games if you have it bring it and Tv's

Rules that apply to both singles and teams:

-Double elimination

-Games are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule. ALL semi-final and final games(This includes loser bracket semis, loser bracket finals, winner bracket semi, winner bracket finals, and overall finals) are 3/5. Overall finals are 3/5, and the person/team coming up from the loser bracket has to win two sets because the person/team from the winners bracket has yet to lose a set.

Advanced Slob Picks:
First game is double-blind, random stage (using the 6 random stages). Second game, loser(s) declares stage (which includes any non-banned stage), winner(s) picks their character, loser(s) picks their character. You can pick the same character twice, three times, whatever, in a row.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counterpick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

-4 stock/8 minute/no items format. Any ties that occur when time is finished are settled by starting over same level,same characters,and 1 stock

-Stage striking is allowed, at the start of a set, both players may temporarily ban a stage from the list of playable stages. This, of course, only applies to that set.

-Pause Rule: Pause is left on, in case something comes up where players need to quit the current game. But pausing during a match without reason to will result in a warning, and if the problem persists a game loss. Then a match loss. Then a drop from the tournament.

-Stage selection is as follows

Random stages list: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams (banned on teams), Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
Stages banned for Singles, and not teams: Great Bay
Stages banned for Teams, and not singles: Fountain of Dreams.
Stages banned for both Singles & Teams: Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom and Yoshi's Island 64

Teams specific rules:

-Team attack is on

-Life Stealing allowed, but please wait until the announcer has declared you're eliminated, or for the camera shift to focus on the remaining players, so you won't pause the game.

- Seating: Each team gets two seats on one side, so that each team will be seated next to their partner and each team will have an equal view of the screen.

Other rules:

-Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

-Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

-Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Stalling a game out will result in a loss of the entire set.

-Bring your own controller

-Refrain from using profanity, fights are to be taken outside, and just try to make the tournament enjoyable for others.

-Money matches and friendly games: If TVs are open, feel free to. However, if a TV is needed, you need to exit the game. Turn the pause on before you start your game and turn it off when it's over. It is also suggested you get money matches and friendlies out of the way during warmup time, if possible.

There might be street fighter and other games but just for friendlies so bring it if you have it

Any questions post and I will try to answer it as best as possible.

SUPPORT SUPPORT

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Yeah, NO JOHNS TO ANYONE. GOTTA MAKE THIS.

****'sgoing to be crazzy.

btw, POST THE FRIGGEN CITY AND DATE ON THE TITLE OF THE TOURNEY THREAD.

Kais

Smash Ace
IWANTTOCOMELOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

"COME"

LOL@Chopingboard

I'll *** I guess.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
were you refering to me and my excuses **** thomas? awwww I COME TO IT OK **** THOMAS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I promise..... No jones sir.. u just love whoopin my *** in smash huh.. :) Chingluop wants rematch vs u. i cant wait to see that fierce rebattle hahaa....a.a..a....... k **** thomas. see u there... I should be done with all the work by then.......... see everyone there.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Nice. Any way to get there through public transportation?
Yes actually you can take the purple line to mansfield and I can pick you up if you would like. Also if anybody is interested I'm possibly going to have a street fighter, CVS2, MVC2, tourneys on fridaythe 26th. On Sunday the 28th im possibly going to have a halo tourney if anybody is interested?

I will get back to you on those details.

Kais

Smash Ace
Yes actually you can take the purple line to mansfield and I can pick you up if you would like. Also if anybody is interested I'm possibly going to have a street fighter, CVS2, MVC2, tourneys on fridaythe 26th. On Sunday the 28th im possibly going to have a halo tourney if anybody is interested?

I will get back to you on those details.
I'd definitely be interested if GG and housing were involved.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
wtf cancelled?

**** there better be a good explanation lol.

Like **** Tom being grounded.

nuro

Smash Lord
How is this cancelled when we still have a month and a half to prepare?

The only way I see this being cancelled is if you cant rent out the place.

Never mind, I understand now. Good luck tom.

Jcent22

Smash Apprentice
no tom it cant be true i will take the presacent with honor if you really are leaveiong the smash toury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom