• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Moogle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokturSea

Smash Lord

Yes, yes, where, my friends, is the love for the Moogles? Where? I searched and found NOTHING. Double You Tee Eff.

I mean, the Moogle is commonly looked upon as the mascot of the Final Fantasy games, which, as you all know, should get some kind of representation in Brawl. Just look at it, it's form is built for fighting.

I see Moogle as a small, light character with awesome speed and recovery ability. I have no ideas for a moveset whatsoever, but I'm sure someone out there can figure something out. Of course, the taunt would totally have to be a little jigg. You know, a little dance? It'd be freaking adorable. It could replace Pichu as the "small and adorable" character, only not with all the suckage attatched.

So go ahead and discuss. But I'm seeing mostly a flamey future for this thread. Brace yourself, dear Moogle.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
He would be the most likely addition from Squeenix, and don't lie :p It's a lot more generic and "let's just love ALL FF games equally" friendly than a specific character from one of the games.

Personally, I have nothing against Moogles, but don't exactly worship them either (despite their crispiness and disgusting cuteness). It would be a pretty funny addition to the game

icymatt

Smash Lord
Moogles are awesome.

If he's the lone representitive of FF, they could give him moves based on any number of FF features. Magic, Airships, Chocobos...all could be integrated in there somehow.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
CURSE YOU DOKTURSEA! YOU STOLE MY IDEA!!!!!! Well, you did beat me to it, so ya.

Anyway, I would be estatic of Moogle was in Brawl. I would main him.

Oh by the way Moogle, DokturSea take this

*hands you a +5 Ego Shield and casts Circle of Protection : Flming remarks on you*

Your well protected now, KUPO!

PS: Well, I f there's a Moogle thread now, I guess I'll make that thread for Gregston.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well now that I've gotten over my initial rage at hearing this idea in the Geno thread, I will calmly ask you...

To the average hardcore RPG gamer [meaning take an unbiased perspective], which would be more appealing? Moogle, Black Mage, or Crono?

Moogles are adorable, and they do just shout out, 'Final Fantasy'. But if you think about it on the business end, Square has an image to uphold, and if Square got to choose one character to appear along side Solid Snake, AND make them the most royalties off of Brawl, do you think they'd pick something just Cute [the Moogle] Cute and Awesome [like the Black Mage] or just plain Awesome, [like Crono. who could also be cute to the females and queers.]

To me one of the latter two seems a more rational, universally appealing decision. Moogles just seem to be more niche oriented than the others, appealing to kids and chicks, and although Smash is known for using a few niche characters I don't think they'll take a third party niche character, over one with a larger demographic appeal.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'd rather Geno as the Square character, then Black Mage, but after them, my choice is Mog.

100links

Smash Ace
maybe the moogles can be in a special stage if geno gets in...like a final fantasy like stage...ok picture this...pokemon stadium....but with every change the history of square enix will be show ....final fantasy and beyond :)

DokturSea

Smash Lord
To the average hardcore RPG gamer [meaning take an unbiased perspective], which would be more appealing? Moogle, Black Mage, or Crono?
Black Mage, totally and completely. And I'd also like Geno better as well. I just made this thread to support the idea, even though Moogle (or Mog) isn't one of the first choices.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'd rather see Black Mage. But I'll take Moogle over a lot of the suggestions in the forum.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I like the idea, but I don't think they may actually make the cut. That said, if they add a Final Fantasy stage (Likely because of the new Final Fanatasy coming to the Wii) they could appear in it. I mean, it would be a way to add him into the game, but not as a character. This is only if they dosen't make it as a charcater.

-SMB

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hates Sora and Riku.

Geno and Crono have priority over Moogles/Mog.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I approve Mog from FF6 for Brawl, if only to get some FF6 love in Brawl.

But then again, I want Geno too.

Squenix! Sell Geno back to Nintendo already!

moogle

Smash Ace
Wow, a whole thread about me, kupo!

Hey, I have my hopes up... the moogle made it into Mario Hoops 3-on-3, after all. :)

(Yes, I know this is an old thread, but digging up an old thread is better than posting a new one and being told to search, amirite?)

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I support Moogles for Brawl but I can't think of any movesets unless they use magic ect. Also moogles don't seem very violent in most of the FF other then maybe FF 6, the mog summon, and FF tactics 1/2.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
If anything the SE representive will not be anyone from a PS1 or PS2 FF.
A moogle wouldn't be a bad idea for brawl... I can see them putting that ball to use....

The real debate is WHICH MOOGLE WILL THEY USE?!?!

FF6 moogle for brawl.

MoogleDude

Smash Cadet
Wow, a whole thread about me, kupo!

Hey, I have my hopes up... the moogle made it into Mario Hoops 3-on-3, after all. :)

(Yes, I know this is an old thread, but digging up an old thread is better than posting a new one and being told to search, amirite?)

Whoa same names almost!!

Akiak

Smash Ace
Great idea! I would love to make a moveset but I don't know anything about Moogles! And Mario hoops 3 on 3 was an excellent game. Just my opinion.

Cog

Smash Apprentice
If a moogle did appear in the game, I think it will most likely be as an AT, though I would really like to see them as a character, I'm just trying to be more realistic.
I mean, what would his attacks be, arn't they supposed to be peaceful. Like sending mail, and making or selling things?

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Meh i don't really like generic characters but if this was the only choice I'd still approve since I love Square. Oh, and whats with all the Sora is emo? His character really isn't emo in anyway.

platnum

Smash Lord
@everyone.

there is a better moogle thread post there.(its in mah sig)

also,join the mog squad(has nothing to do with the bomb squad)

*summons bahamut*

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Given that the other thread has more recent information that is edited more often and seems to have more discussion in it, I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom