• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate G@BE'S C.falcon he needs it ^_^ ( NEW VID first page) Updated 12/23/08

G@BE

Smash Lord
Hello every one. Im new to the C.falcon world and i was just trying to get my slef known. I was wondering if you could tell me if mine was good. I dont really want any tips i just really want to know what you guys think on a scale of 1-10 what you guys think of it here are some video's.
I would like to thank my favorite C.falcon player Rayzorium for coming over and teaching me how to play some Falcon. No offense to any one else in this thread ^_^. please give me your ratings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEoMv6tzYFk me vs The Great Marth #2 OLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DocDUm_prrA me vs The Great Marth #1 OLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoFCBRlQAqc me vs Kailo34CE (Fox) OLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrTeD28hQ-0 me vs Kailo34CE (Falco) OLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDDfSZu-s7k Me vs Omni D (falcon) Ditto OLD

new stuff from 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTqg03kwdw vs KRD (sheik)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8p_ipfX_MA vs CF (falcon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOIMOjgYYYM vs SideEffect (Fox)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg2i_zL6-Ic vs SideEffect (Fox) 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpJGV4Mkl6Q vs TGM (Marth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRQd-WzO1Vc vs Chris (link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nzl3FSd0qk vs Asim (Fox) crew match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqsC8fj0-ns&feature=related vs TGM (Marth) crew match continued

thanks

-gabe

extragrandeben

Smash Journeyman
Learn to wavedash out of shield in order to grab. It will help after he has done his over+b bull****.
After you jab, don't follow it up with a knee, he's expecting that, and he's holding his shield. Just follow up with a grab. Also, you should use the g-regulate combos. Upthrow at 68~% to knee, and 80%~ dthrow to knee.

MajinMojo

Smash Apprentice
Not bad but there are some obvious problems. You got shield-grabbed a lot. Spacing with Nairs is important. Of course if you are new it might take a while so I don't really fault you for that. Same thing goes with missed combo opportunities especially against Marth. You seem to have played a very tentative game and I suspect it is because you are still getting used to him. All in all not a bad showing though. I couldn't rate it simply because I am optimistic that you would improve drastically anyway.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I only watched that black and white videos because I have a bad connection and I'm impatient, but that isn't that big of a deal because I was able to see how you combo a FFer and a semi-floaty so I think I have a general idea as to how you combo other characters besides Fox and Marth. Overall it wasn't too bad at all. A few things about the Fox match: You need to learn how to read his techs better and punish him for it. You had some nice Usmashes against him, which I was surprised with. One thing you're going to have to do is go into training mode and set Fox to like 90% damage and practice Bthrowing him off of the edge and knee him out of his firefox without getting burned. You can land knees Ok, but you need to learn how to land them in different types of situations like out of Fox's Phantasm or his Firefox because his stocks could've been ended much much earlier. So practice that a bit. You need to rely a bit more on your throws as combo starters, especially against Marth. Also, you need to roll more against Fox. Not against that particular Fox because he is pretty mediocre, but against better Fox players it's a good habit to get into. A bit on the Marth match: He stayed near the edge a lot which is a pretty poor place for you to fight since if he Bthrows you, you're pretty owned, but if you Dthrow/Fthrow him, he's pretty safe. Even if you knee him, his Fair is pretty hard to get through and that makes knee a Marth when he's in the air (And not stunned) very difficult. I'm very surprised Marth didn't grab more, because Marth's grab is pretty ridiculous. Another thing I saw was that you always missed your Uthrows into knees against Marth which goes back to what I was saying before, practice the timing of the knee on different characters from different throws. Also try Dthrowing him when he's at like 70-80% for a pretty reliable kill. Combo a bit better too against semi-floaties. It's hard against Marth due to his Fair, I know. But practice on computers in VS mode just like Dthrow Nair Uair Nair is one of my favorites vs Marth because it's pretty reliable.

Anyway, I think that should be enough tips to help you out. For being new to Falcon, you have a good idea as to how to play him. But it shows that you haven't been playing him for that long. But that is nothing that some practice won't fix. Overall, good job.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice everyone... but you still did not give me a rateing lol 1-10 please

you also have to remember that these matches were recorded for Oklahoma thread in the southwest regional thread. We are trying to show them how good houston is. But the people in those video's who are not me and sideeffect. All of them had been playing for 5 hours before we showed up. So thats prorbably why i missed so much stuff. I know i can do what you were saying i was just getting warmed up. Ill have to put some better ones up later on.

but thanks for everything just give me a rating now.

to extragrandeben - about the jab thingy it's my lil mind game. I jab then short hop knee. but i l cancel the knee way to fast so then i can go jab jab knee. i mix it up it tends to work on the higher level of players. like it did at S.Ex 2 and WTYM2. so i know it works ^_^

extragrandeben

Smash Journeyman
On the fox video, I saw two instances where you could have made a better outcome.

At around the beginning of the match, you got him on the ground---he didn't tech--and then you jabbed him. That started up his slow get up animation. There wasn't any punishment at all for that. I was expecting you knee him for it, but you didn't. Also, around the end of the match, he doesn't tech--you notice--and instead of greeting him with a knee, you just do a charge attack.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I know i coulod have done somthing better at that moment. but i try to go for what i was thinking was right.

audreyh

Smash Ace
against marth you gota keep the battle at center stage. tons of times you just got owned at the edge because you were careless

also ur edgeguarding was almost non-existent (besides a couple tilts). falcon has lots of options. always grab the edge against marth, and make sure u keep ur invincibility frames. like sheik, marth is extremely vulnerable after an up-b. just edgewaveland into a grab and combo

emerican

Smash Ace
8, only because edgeguarding was mediocre. pretty good combos. you missed a few things as stated above, but everyone makes mistakes.. no one is a robot.

i give the fox and falco a 1 because i didnt see 1 shine combo!!!! and only about 3 SHL's

technomancer

Smash Champion
Very good technically. 9-10. The marth was :/ though. When you're coming from a full jump into a dair, I find it's generally good to c-stick it down, wait a sec and then fast fall, otherwise you'll miss the free hit. Timing's not too hard.

G@BE

Smash Lord
you know what the c-stick some times just feels so noobish to just useing the joy-stick.

it feels more at home to me.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
6/10.

Only seen the Falcon vs. Marth vids. Noticed a couple of things right off the bat.

1.) You dash-dance to shfflc n-air A LOT. I think the reason why the Marth stood still so much was because he was waiting for you to fly to him. He didn't punish it too well. I suggest being more patient, but in a different way. The Marth you faught was patient where he simply camped, but a better "patience" for Falcon is to dance in and out of your opponents range with dash dances and empty sh's. It will look like you're being aggressive, but you're really just trying to force him to whiff.

2.) You're very horizantal, which is normal for a regular Captain Falcon, but it's okay to attack Marth from above some times. A good bait when you're right up on Marth and he's holding his shield is to do a full jump d-air (at your peak), and then do double jump and come down with another d-air. A lot of people don't expect two d-airs in one vertical jump.

3.) No edgehog!? FTW? You seem to like to up-tilt more than edgehog. Against Marth, you should edgehog alot so if he lands on the stage (or sometimes you can catch them in mid-air), you can follow into a knee during the lag animation of his land.

On a less critical note, you handle Falcon's speed really well. You have very nice, fluid movement. You also grab a lot which is definitely the key to... beating anyone, so that's good. You've got A LOT of potential because you have great mind games. Try to read into your opponents tech pattern; he likes to roll toward you after a tech (which most intermediate players do). I'll edit after I watch the Fox vids.

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
Well, from what I saw when we played, I think I can give you a few tips that might make you a bit better:

Like Omni said, you should full hop -> double jump some more. And it doesn't have to be stomps, you could mess around with up aerials too. Against Marth SHFFLing neutral airs is as effective as always, but because of Marth's crazy grab and sword range, it is less spammable than usual.

You didn't seem to edge hog much either, especially in the Falcon ditto. You can edge hog and force the opponent to land on the stage, which is always good for a ledge hoped reverse knee to send them back out again. You can also ledge hop a stomp and then forward smash (with bad DI) the opponent back out. Same principle as the stomp to falcon punch combo.

Lastly, I thought your recovering from the ledge was a little too predictable. You almost always just stood up instead of pressing 'X' to jump (which I recommend) or ledge hoping something. And just standing up too much led to a knee :)

You've got good tech skill too, and your mind games/prediction/experience is really good. So it's a good Falcon. And you tech chase good! People just don't know. Lol, that's basically all we did in that ditto... I would rate you 7/10 with Rayz being an 8, Darkrain a 9, and Isai a 10...

*Hopes we have more dittos in the future... maybe I'll win some Marth dittos, heh, maybe not... Hopes Gabe critiques me, even if it's in a PM...*

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Good falcon, great movement but you really need to use your double jumps more like everyone has been saying, you only used the d-air like twice from what I seen and its a great combo starter. To the marth, you don't live up to your name all that well, props to gabe, 7/10 as XLR8 said

G@BE

Smash Lord
Not to judge you XLR8. but

you are a very skilled player and all but you focus way to much on tech skill. Which made me 3 stock you in the ditto we did. All though it was a marth ditto. It did not change the fact that you were just focusing on the speed of your character rather then the actual skill of the character. You have your tech skill down you dont need to worry about anything. You should learn how to control it ;) give it some time. Your C.falcon was just crazy i know i lost but it was by one stock and i just could not keep up. Which makes me sad and all. But im pretty sure if i was to play you agian i would win the next time. Dear god work on your mind games too. And also you need to come by my house the next time you get off of work so i can play you a lil before the houston tourny this weekend.

Blood Falcon

Smash Journeyman
9/10 or 10/10 youre good.
my only suggestion is to take every opportunity you have to edgehog because sometimes he may tech out of your edgeguard. other than that youre GOOD!! i could learn a lot of things from you lol.

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
Not to judge you XLR8. but

you are a very skilled player and all but you focus way to much on tech skill. Which made me 3 stock you in the ditto we did. All though it was a marth ditto. It did not change the fact that you were just focusing on the speed of your character rather then the actual skill of the character. You have your tech skill down you dont need to worry about anything. You should learn how to control it ;) give it some time. Your C.falcon was just crazy i know i lost but it was by one stock and i just could not keep up. Which makes me sad and all. But im pretty sure if i was to play you agian i would win the next time. Dear god work on your mind games too. And also you need to come by my house the next time you get off of work so i can play you a lil before the houston tourny this weekend.
Heh, yeah, Marth takes too much mind games (and you are so much better than me there, that 3 stocking was expected). I just need more time and practice to develop those skillz. With any fast faller I can just tech my way through everything and still do ok :ohwell: But yeah, you're right, I jump into the **** way too much right now... Need more tourney experience...

technomancer

Smash Champion
Watched the Falco vid - 5/10 :/

Improve on your ruthlessness. Edgeguarding was OK, but you must recognise when a clean edgehod is required. Technical was Ok... mindgames were lacking, but the Falco wasn't that good, so he gave you plenty of opportunity.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
Wtf @ the fox... Show us SideEffect becuase we want SideEffect. You seemed to **** more at that Emergency Tourny during the summer (I was in teams with LabRat and lost to your team 0-2, it was you and that gannon player)... guess you got better after those vids. Anyways nice Falcon. Moonwalk for me.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Watched the Falco vid - 5/10 :/

Improve on your ruthlessness. Edgeguarding was OK, but you must recognise when a clean edgehod is required. Technical was Ok... mindgames were lacking, but the Falco wasn't that good, so he gave you plenty of opportunity.

Ok first of all. I thought that was one of my best matches. The marth ones were the kinda crappy ones... I mean come on Falco vs Falcon.... Falco fing ***** the **** out of falcon... come on! <3

Mann

Smash Ace
Holy ****. I haven't posted for like, months.

Anyways. I'm going to rate you 10/10 for effort.

10/10 for technicalities.

6/10 for playing style.

Why? As much as you used the Nair a lot, you could missed oppurtunities to do more than just a 2 combo finisher on Marth when he's at high percentage. Not saying anything is wrong with that, but when the game lasts. your chances of winning start to slim down. But that's just my take on it. Try and use my Uairs on Marth when you get him above. You had some things going, but you could have done it again.

Other than that, keep it up.

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
Wow.... this was at the very last page of the falcon thread... WATCH EVERYONE!
Now that Gabe has turned the Falcon boards into his own personal training room :laugh: That's a beastly Mewtwo avatar you've got there.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
post #2

Come on people please rate my falcon some more!!!!

keep this thread alive!!! <3
horribal....why cant you be more like King Ganondorf guy I hear his CF is 2nd to isia's but thats just what I heard. Only difference is Isia actually wins.

liius

Smash Journeyman
Dont get ahead of yourself. And G@BE, I rate your falco 5/10 from these vids, 8/10 from playing you the other day. In these vids you were like... Noob. No johns about the lack of practice. :3 The other day was ****... How old are these vids?

G@BE

Smash Lord
These vids are really old but the ones that i think are actually good are the one where i play Fox and Falco i do some pretty rapsies stuff to that nub Kailo.

****sies

What the hell do you mean my own personal training room!?!?!

Top Bottom