• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New 3RD-Party Character: Captain Commando (Capcom)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Wikipedia article

Name: Captain Commando
First Game Appearance: Captain Commando
Platform: Arcade

Special Moves:

B- Captain Fire (Fires a burst of flames at his opponent(s))
Up + B - Captain Kick (Flies diagonally-upward while he does a fiery kick)
Down + B - Captain Corridor (Pounds the ground with high-voltage)
Forward + B - Commando Strike (Makes a signal that stuns his opponent(s))

Extreme Attack - Commando Team (Calls his three partners, while they all four attack with their special attacks, then stand together with their signature poses: Sho the Ninja (Ginzu the Ninja outside of Japan), Jennety (Mach the Knife outside of Japan), and Hoover (Baby Head outside of Japan).

Taunt: Strikes his pose while he shouts, "I am Captain Commando!".

Entrance: Changes from normal to Commando form.

Captain Commando gameplay + ending

DSB

Smash Apprentice
Megaman is a better choice as a Capcom representative.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Original. but Capcom has quite a few other charcters that are getting alot of discussion. It would be intresting to see him in Brawl.

-SMB

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Captain Commando was a pretty generic, but cool, beat-em-up, and he's ALWAYS on my team in Marvel VS. Capcom 2. I played as him a lot in MUGEN and the original MvC, too.

Really great idea, but people would just go "wtf? it's Captain Falcon," no matter how many times you drill it into their heads

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dam u was going to make a thread about him, oh well, yeah he would totally rocked in brawl, tough megaman would be better, his moves are awesome, my fav. is the captain corridor, Captain commando or megaman in brawl!!

icymatt

Smash Lord
Captain Commando is the definition of awesome. I seriously want to carry his children.

And he fits so well, too! I'm not even considering him likely, but he'd be the definition of awesome, moreso.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Captain Commando was my main in MvC. Kind of ironic since Captain Falcon is my main in SSB64 and SSBM.

At any rate, I'm all for his inclusion.

BTW speaking of MvC, would anyone want to see Strider Hiryu in SSBB?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Captain Commando only starred in one arcade game and then in the Marvel vs. Capcom series. Most recently he appeared in Namco vs. Capcom.

He's disqualified because he's never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Serp

Smash Cadet
Seems like they should just take his entire move set from Marvel Vs. Capcom. Except he was pretty lame in that game.
I do like captain commando but I dunno about him here, it would be great if done right.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did you completely ignore my last post? Sakurai stated that in order for 3rd party characters (of which he'll add 1-2 besides Snake) to appear in SSBB, they will have had to have appeared on an Nintendo console before.

Captain Commando, AFAIK, has never appeared on a Nintendo console unless there was so really obscure SNES game those Wikipedia articles completely missed.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
Did you completely ignore my last post? Sakurai stated that in order for 3rd party characters (of which he'll add 1-2 besides Snake) to appear in SSBB, they will have had to have appeared on an Nintendo console before.

Captain Commando, AFAIK, has never appeared on a Nintendo console unless there was so really obscure SNES game those Wikipedia articles completely missed.
Funny you mention that, because I actually have played Captain Commando for SNES :laugh:

http://www.netjak.com/Reviews/vintage/capt.htm

Game, Set, Match. :lick:

And Strider would kick some serious butt, but he actually hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console. He was pretty much all Genesis and Playstation.

Serp

Smash Cadet
Yuna said:

yeah, i've played Captain Commando for Snes too. I liked the purple guy the best.

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
DSB said:
Megaman is a better choice as a Capcom representative.
I highly disagree, considering this guy's name is in the name of the company. He would make a great addition, because he reminds me alot of Captain Falcon in a sense, but also like Ness, in that some people know who he is, but alot don't, and it will get people out there to leanr where hes from and stuff. Great idea.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought it was that guy. I've played that SNES game too, waaaay back. I remember it because of the mecha-wielding baby. But the Wikipedia article didn't mention the SNES game, at all.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
Wikipedia unfortunately isn't the most reliable source of information, just one the more convenient ones (nothing against Wiki, as I'm a frequent user myself).
Agreed. I go to Wiki for EVERYTHING when I first get a question.

And it can be unreliable, with improper wording or misleading text (I've edited the Pit profile, for example, many times due to this fault), but you'd be surprised how amazingly fast things will get fixed. For a fun test, a friend and I edited the Sesame Street entry to say something like "The show was cancelled on May 12th, 2006, after the tragic death of Big Bird after a collission with a jet engine." Within not even 5 minutes, we refreshed, the line was removed, and my friend, whose laptop we were using, got a TOS warning that prevented him from editing the site for a few days. Crazy, huh? :lick:

bbb

Smash Champion
This guy and Haggar Pwn!! I love old fasioned 'beat-em-ups'!!! But... it's all about Mummy Commando (I think that's his name).

Stryks

Smash Hero
Megaman is more popular and to me way better than captain commando, but sill I would **** myself if any of those 2 are in brawl!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I support the awesome captain commando all the way. belive it or not, the captain deserves to be in smash EVEN MORE than megaman. CAPtain COMmando is the very physical being of capcom, something megaman cant touch, which is saying alot being that megaman is one of my favorite game series of all time. captain commando FTW!!!!1111one11shift+1!!

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Captain Commando was my main in MvC. Kind of ironic since Captain Falcon is my main in SSB64 and SSBM.

At any rate, I'm all for his inclusion.

BTW speaking of MvC, would anyone want to see Strider Hiryu in SSBB?
Yes I do see Strider Hiryu in SSBB. All Nintendo needs to do is incorperate his moves from MvC and give him a cooler more 3D look. Same thing goes for all other Capcom characters (Except for Leon S.Kennedy) All Capcom characters are possible candidates for Brawl in my opinion

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
GO COMMANDO!!!!

Once again, you have brought an amazing character, that otherwise would be ignored by the ignorant masses, into the light. I had forgotten that Captain Commando had been on the SNES (I thought it was only in the arcade) but I always main Commando whenever I play MvC2. What's better is that you even gave him a unique movelist that fits the character, he may have a tough fight with Megaman and Pheonix Wright, but I agree that Captain Commando should not be ignored. Now if you excuse me, I must get back to playing Namco X Capcom (One of the best Crossovers ever!!!)...

parrothead

Smash Lord
GO COMMANDO!!!!

Once again, you have brought an amazing character, that otherwise would be ignored by the ignorant masses, into the light. I had forgotten that Captain Commando had been on the SNES (I thought it was only in the arcade) but I always main Commando whenever I play MvC2. What's better is that you even gave him a unique movelist that fits the character, he may have a tough fight with Megaman and Pheonix Wright, but I agree that Captain Commando should not be ignored. Now if you excuse me, I must get back to playing Namco X Capcom (One of the best Crossovers ever!!!)...
I appreciate your comment, Sinistar. Here is Captain Commando's Extreme Attack in Namco X Capcom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yf-mAmIZfQ

Here is another thing I would like to say about Captain Commando being in SSBB: I heard that most contemporary MegaMan titles never did sell well enough, making the MegaMan franchise worse while CapCom steps closer to bringing back Captain Commando as their main mascot once again. I know MegaMan succeeded more than Captain Commando did, but there hasn't been many "Beat'Em Up"'s developed lately. A "Beat'Em Up" is a side-scrolling fighter where you beat up enemies while walking and/or running toward one direction. For some examples: Double Dragon, TMNT Arcade, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time, X-MEN: The Arcade, Captain America & The Avengers, etc.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
meh, I sorta changed my mind. megaman seems like a better rep then captain com IMO.
I suppose captain is the 1st runner up perhaps. I mean capt comando has been missing in action for some time, and capcom has officially established megaman as the company's mascot. still, if nintendo allows capcom to put in 2 reps, then mega and captcom it is!...
oh wait, then there's ryu >.>............

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Captain Commando is like 4th after Mega Man, Viewtiful Joe, and Ryu

parrothead

Smash Lord
Captain Commando isn't the only video game character inspired by his owner's name, but there is also Konami Man and Konami Lady from Wai Wai World, as well as cameo appearances in several Konami titles.

Mario might also be known as Mr. Nintendo, according to one of his SSBM trophies.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Theres only enough room for one Captain in smash bros

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
There is only room enough for one masculine person. And..that's Capt. Falcon.
Snake would have a word with you...

To drop my two cents in here, I don't see ol' Cap. Comm making the cut very easily. While Capcom does seem to love throwing him into every crossover game they can, the trouble there is that all of those games were either made by Capcom or were ___ vs Capcom games made by the other company. You know, Marvel vs. Capcom, SNK vs. Capcom, Capcom vs SNK (yes, those are actually two different games), Namco X Capcom, etc. Nintendo vs Capcom, sure. But in Smash Bros, where Capcom is most likely only getting one of their characters in instead of all of them, they'd probably go with a bigger name, one who's more well known.

Top Bottom