• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Nester

parrothead

Smash Lord

Name: Nester
Game Appearances: Nester's Funky Bowling and Pilotwings 64 (as Lark).

He is like Charade and Inferno from the Soul Calibur series. At every battle, he'll have every move from a random character (even taunts and entrances).

If you are very good with every character in SSB3, choose Nester, he is your random character.

Why would he be like Charade and Inferno? Because in the comics, he mocks many video game characters, like Pit (from Kid Icarus), Samus Aran, Mario, Link, and several others.

Is that okay? Ya'll may say either "As a matter of fact, it isn't" or "As a matter of fact, it is".

Here is a video of Nester's Funky Bowling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6XB8s7dzd0

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I love watching those old VB promos; it brings me back, and it's such a great feeling :chuckle: :chuckle:

Nester would be cool as hell, just as a nice gimmick character. But, to be completely honest, he would likely appear as a trophy and nothing else.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
He is nothing more than a character who copies everyone else and has no point. Smash dosen't have any characters like that, except Kirby, but he only gets one of the moves. I mean, people are more likely to choose a character who is unique. If whatever random moves you may have with him, it's completly random. That, isn't safe nor easy, because you would have to be ok with a variety of characters. Don't care for the idea actually. Leave that to Soul Calibur.

-SMB

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Why add Nester when there's room for better character? There's already a slot to choose a random character anyway.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
That would Be awsome!!! A character like Charade would fit better in SSBB than Soul Caliber (another game I love). Everytime you get knock out he'll come back as a different character. HE WILL BE THE ULTIMATE TRAINING PARTNER!!! besides the punching bag.

But he will need some costume change that lets you what character he is (like Kirby)

Black/Light

Smash Master
parrothead, I REALLY think you should just stick to supporting the characters in your sign. Their the only 2 (And the Sins characters) you have posted that I think have a chance. They are also the best ideas imo.

parrothead

Smash Lord
parrothead, I REALLY think you should just stick to supporting the characters in your sign. Their the only 2 (And the Sins characters) you have posted that I think have a chance. They are also the best ideas imo.
True, but all I am doing is supporting some of the overlooked characters that fit best in SSBB, not every single character that anyone can think of.

Nester is greater than Captain N, because Nester appeared in video games as well as their own comics. Captain N only appeared in a cartoon show and a couple of comics, and he is based on American Nintendo fans. Adding Captain N into SSBB is just like adding Reggie Fils-Ame in SSBB. Nintendo is a Japanese company.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Nester is greater than Captain N, because Nester appeared in video games as well as their own comics. Captain N only appeared in a cartoon show and a couple of comics, and he is based on American Nintendo fans. Adding Captain N into SSBB is just like adding Reggie Fils-Ame in SSBB. Nintendo is a Japanese company.
Oh now you're trying to get on my bad side. Nester>Captain N? No, never. The fact that Nester's been around longer than Cap is the result of Nintendo's misusage of the Captain & insistance on treating him a bad memory without giving him a second chance. Sure, Nester's more likely to get in than Captain N, but he's not more deserving.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Kinda like how Nintendo disavows all memory of the Virtual Boy... Another good idea that was doomed to poor execution... I'd really like to see Captain N make a come back - I mean Kingdom Hearts has proven there is lots of potential for multi-story crossovers, and Cap N was doing that 13 years before it... Oh well... Maybe some day we'll see Kevin and the gang back in action...

Cobrothers

Smash Rookie
That would Be awsome!!! A character like Charade would fit better in SSBB than Soul Caliber (another game I love). Everytime you get knock out he'll come back as a different character. HE WILL BE THE ULTIMATE TRAINING PARTNER!!! besides the punching bag.

But he will need some costume change that lets you what character he is (like Kirby)
Yea, I was gonna say it should be after every death. Thought the different costume changes shouldn't be in. Charade didn't costume change (except the weapon he wield).

parrothead

Smash Lord
Haven't you two read the first post? The comic series he appeared in was a Nintendo Power magazine fad back then. He became so popular, he appeared in two titles. Even though, Sakurai doesn't want characters that originate from non-video games, Nester is a Nintendo character, and he originated from a comic, just like the Falcon Flyer from the SNES F-ZERO manual comic.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
He's also known as Lark in Pilotwings 64, isn't he?

He's been neat, since, well, he's been in Nintendo Power, as well as a game.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I this guy is another rarity that I would like to see. (And yes he was in Pilotwings). Though they could make him Lark with his Pilotwings moves (He would have some recovery techniques that would rival Peach). Though my prefered style would be the Charade character that I mention before.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While Nester would be indeed awesome, he isn't known by anyone who didn't have a Nintendo Power back in the 90s.

Edit: I forgot about Pioltwings, but still, I don't think that's enough.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You get points for originality, but it's a bit odd. It would be cool, but how would he make the exact size of the ccharacter. How will he be charactrs like Kirby or Mr. Game & Watch?

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
He could have a few skins. What would be the real problem would be working in the animation for every character into him. I'm sure there is a shortcut (they did it with charade)

This will how he look.
Mario, Link, C. Falcon, Luigi....: He would just have there clothes on.

Pikachu: Have the ears, cheeks, and tail. (maybe paws)

Kirby: Be a pinkish color that swells up when he flys.

Mr. G&W: Flat and black. (Look kinda like shadow link)

Fox: Have his clothes, ear, and tail.

Falco: Clothes, beak and a few feathers.

Bowser: Got his spike shell, Hair, and horns.

DK: Jumping around in a Monkey suit.

Yoshi: Shell and with a Yoshi hat like Kirby.

Peach, Zelda, Samus: The boy will be in drag.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
If a mimic character like Charade were to make it into Brawl, they should have random moves picked for each match. Just think: Peach's down B combined with Samus' over B, Fox's nuetral B, and Zelda's up B. Or you could get unlucky and gets Falco's up B, Peach's nuetral B, Sheik's down B, and PK fire.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Well maybe they don't have to dress him up they would just have him normal but with the person's animation (Only he would have a weapon in his hands with Link, Roy, etc...). That way he would be harder to track in a multi-melee match. You could be fighting someone else and then see him and couldn't remeber what his moves were.

But the main purpose would be for him would be with training. Every time you knock him off he would change his character so that you would have to adapt quickly to the character and not have to close that select a character and fight him for awile.

Also I want Punching bag in Training mode too. So you can work on certain moves and combos (or just get out your frustration).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey.. I kinda like your concept!

Nester, being the ultimate Nintendo champion/freak (back in his days at least). It'd make perfect sense for him to mock every character's moves (and require you to handle each character very well)

But the randomness can sometimes lead to playing for luck.. and I don't think anyone will try to master a character whoose down-smash could be Peach's the first time, and be G&W's the second time...

Then again... your opponent wouldn't know what you're gonna do... but he still knows Nester's moves are as random to him as they are to you.

Maybe just make his Special moves be from random characters.. (Kirby's neutral B would look weird, though :p)

I like the suggestion, though reaaaally weird moveset. XD

Top Bottom