• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Todd (Pokemon Snap)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Todd has a higher chance at entering than most other human Pokemon characters, including Ash/Satoshi/Red and Gary/Shigeru/Blue. And I know Todd being in SSBB sounds a little stupid.

Name: Todd
First Game Appearance: Pokemon Snap

Special Moves:

B: Camera Flash (pulls out his camera with the flasher turned on, and flashes it at his opponent. It creates the same effect as Mewtwo's Down+B move, Confusion, but the range is a bit longer and wider.)

Forward+B: Pester Ball (once Todd hits an opponent with it, it will spread a very small area of damaging aroma. If other opponents get into the aroma, it will slowly damage them as much as being magnified.)

Down+B: Apple (sounds strange, but once you hit your opponent with it, it will give them 6% of damage. After it hits his opponent, it will not be reusable, but it will be edible, healing you 3%.)

Up+B: Oak's Teleporter (this is what Todd used to enter places. Like Pichu's and Mewtwo's Up+B moves, it doesn't damage anyone.)

Extreme Attack: Pokeflute (Uses it to wake and call Snorlax. Then Snorlax would expand it's body and fall on opponents.)

Taunt: Strikes his pose in the third picture, while he shouts, "YES!". (He really did say "YES!" in the game itself.)

Entrance: Todd uses Oak's Teleporter.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
This is actually a really good idea. If I was to support any *person* from the Pokemon series, it would be Todd. Everyone remembers playing Pokemon Snap, this might actually resenate with some people.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont wanna sound you know rude and stuff, but I highly... HIGHLY doubt it, he only has a camera and no pokemon, not to mention pokemon snap was one of the most boring pokemon games ever

parrothead

Smash Lord
But not when they had those printers available in Japanese retail stores and in America at BlockBuster Video rental stores.

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
The reason that Todd is likely is because HAL created Pokémon Snap. However, he's not much of a fighter, he's more of a helpless kid. And if he did fight, having a Pokemon trainer (okay, photographer) beating the hell out of Pikachu & co. would just be akward.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Chances for him are about the same as chances for me. I think the probability is way way way less then that of seeing a pokemon trainer like Ash or Team Rocket. Although, I don't think they're gonna put the pokemon lovin humans in just yet. His camera moves would you described are kinda boring, don't ya think? Throw an apple... Throw a bomb... Teleport.... A mewtwo cloned move....

Although, I can't wait to download that game on virtual council, it was so fun. I really think it'd be a dissappointment if he got in and not an important character like Dedede, Ridley, or previous characters like Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch.

The reason that Todd is likely is because HAL created Pokémon Snap.
Hal isn't creating SSB:B so... he isn't very likely

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I hate to say he is unlikely to be in Brawl, but I think they won't put him in. He never really makes a big appearence in many Pokemon games, just in this one. Many people have completly forgot about him as a characer. Now, I don't think the game was boring, it was actually sort of entertaining at times, but it is not the most memorable of them.

I would say Ash would get in before Todd, and I don't like Ash, nor want him in Brawl.

-SMB

Sapphire_flame

Smash Rookie
This is definitely not a good idea. Quite frankly, he's both too obscure and has no powers. Maybe he could shoot enemies with a camera, or they could do something like they did with Captain Falcon, but since he's only in one rather unmemorable game, he'd probably be a low priority character should I say. I'd rather Nintendo add characters that more people care about. Like Portal said, Ash would probably get in first because he's more likable, and even he's not that doable. I can see him using pokeballs to summon random pokemon, but that'd be way too cheap, with pokeballs supposed to be an item (and a slightly overpowered one). Basically, I'd say no to him. Unless, of course, Nintendo puts every single Nintendo character ever made in Brawl. It's unlikely, though. Sorry to burst you're bubble. But then, who listens to a newb with 5 posts?

Nigguh-witta-attitude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwameKamikaze
NO offense to the Person who made this topic, but Hell no! Hey need to add pokemon, not people to the roster.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I like the way you took a non-fighting character and give him a unique move list. He's like a Captian Falcon but more unusual.

Plus why is there ALWAYS someone saying " theirs no chance for him being in there", or "he sucks."
WHY GIVE A RAT'S A**.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Link'sShadow said:
I like the way you took a non-fighting character and give him a unique move list. He's like a Captian Falcon but more unusual.

Plus why is there ALWAYS someone saying " theirs no chance for him being in there", or "he sucks."
WHY GIVE A RAT'S A**.
people saying there is no chance of him being in there because there is no chance of him beingin there, people are saying he sucks because he does this is the 3rd worst suggestion I have read the worst being master cheif second worst being miyamoto

DSB

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
people are saying he sucks because he does this is the 3rd worst suggestion I have read the worst being master cheif second worst being miyamoto
I second that.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
First Ash and now him? If they're gonna add any human Pokémon characters, I can tolerate Team Rocket. Todd would make a horrible character. What's he gonna do, flash you with his camera? Will it be like Jigglypuff's sing? And once you're walking around stunned, what's he gonna do then? Whack you with the camera?

parrothead

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
First Ash and now him? If they're gonna add any human Pokémon characters, I can tolerate Team Rocket.
Most people would probably think that Team Rocket only appeared in the anime, but they also appeared in Pokemon: Special Pikachu Edition (a.k.a. Pokemon Yellow) and Pokemon Puzzle League.

And would Team Rocket include their Meowth or not? Meowth doesn't speak like humans in the Japanese version of the anime.

GenG

Smash Lord
I'm not exactly a Todd fan, but there are fighting games with real photographers:

Like Ran from Rival Schools/Project Justice, and she is quite the character. Maybe you can bash her too for being plain stupid.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yuna said:
First Ash and now him? If they're gonna add any human Pokémon characters, I can tolerate Team Rocket. Todd would make a horrible character. What's he gonna do, flash you with his camera? Will it be like Jigglypuff's sing? And once you're walking around stunned, what's he gonna do then? Whack you with the camera?
Yeah cmon guys be serious abot this, then your gonna tell me you want Brock, or Professor Oak in there, IN WONT HAPPEN!!

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Stryks said:
Yeah cmon guys be serious abot this, then your gonna tell me you want Brock, or Professor Oak in there, IN WONT HAPPEN!!
I already heard a suggestion for Professor Oak but I don't remember where. Plus I have an Idea for Todd. He could run a tutorial for Camera mode and if you make so many picture (or something of that nature) he becomes playable.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
parrothead said:
Most people would probably think that Team Rocket only appeared in the anime, but they also appeared in Pokemon: Special Pikachu Edition (a.k.a. Pokemon Yellow) and Pokemon Puzzle League.

And would Team Rocket include their Meowth or not? Meowth doesn't speak like humans in the Japanese version of the anime.
Do you mean with a human accent? Because he definitely talks, just... with a cat-voice. It's hard to describe, but he talks, and he's pretty stinkin' intelligent too :laugh:

I would think they would include him, but TR is a crappy idea for a fighting group anyways ;)

fluffy

Smash Champion
parrot head, no offense but ur ideas r a bit too...fantasy-like imo.

not that theres anything wrong w/ it.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
GenG said:
I'm not exactly a Todd fan, but there are fighting games with real photographers:

Like Ran from Rival Schools/Project Justice, and she is quite the character. Maybe you can bash her too for being plain stupid.
Yes, but at least they didn't practically determine that she can't fight. From what I hear, Todd was a coward who ran away a lot from everything.

Besides, Rival Schools is a fighting game with a colourful roster. Each character has a bio of their own because, come on, who wants to play a game where everyone's exactly the same?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Doesn't Todd talk Ash and crew into doing dangerous stuff in the anime, though? I remember there was one where he wanted to photograph Articuno, and he had them all ice climb with him. He's got balls, at least in the show.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
If Pokemon Snap wasn't more or less a direct spinoff of the anime, then I'd be more inclined to not disregard the idea entirely.

They kid's way obscure on Pokemon standards, other Pokemon or Red (NOT Ash, there is a difference) has a lot more of a chance if you ask me.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
parrothead said:
Someone mentioned earlier he couldn't fight, and I was saying that he is clearly courageous enough to do it :laugh: :laugh: Tongue in cheek, parrot, tongue in cheek...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
OMG I DONT LIEK THIS IDEUH IM GUNNA TOTLY INSLT THE GAYM HEZ FRUM AND THE CHARACTER ITZELF!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!1!/SHIFT+1

Sorry, but I can't see it happening. I think he'd be a very interesting character and a cool addition, but I have trouble seeing him in Brawl.

And hey, I LIKED Pokemon Snap, thank you very much.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Although he would not necessarilly be in Smash bros, I like how your moveset is unique. I think there is just too many other characters that have priority over him in making the SSBB cut, so good idea but I doubt he will make it in.

Top Bottom