• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters: Saki Amamiya and Airan Jo

parrothead

Smash Lord

Name: Saki Amamiya
First Game Appearance: Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth (N64) (Japan-Only)

Regular "A" Moves: Uses his Night Stick.

Special Moves:

B: Dolphin Gun (rapidly shoots gas pressure repelled bullets while he reloads after 8 shots)

Forward + B: Night Stick Fury (rapidly slashes diagonally, horizontally, and vertically, for about as long as Young Link uses his Up + B move whlle on the ground. This is a close-range attack.)

Up + B: Phantom Rise (looks similar to Fox's/Falco's Forward+B move, but this goes diagonally, and when he gets close to an opponent, he slashes him/her/it with his Night Stick)

Down + B: Flare Reflect (When the time is right, Saki will hit the projectile(s) with his Night Stick back at the opponent(s). The projectile(s) become high-paced fireballs.)

Taunt: Points his Dolphin Gun forward while speaking, "Victory is mine!"

Entrance: A warp pad comes out of the ground, while Saki appears on it.

--------

Clone: Airan Jo (a bit slower, but a bit stronger)

Taunt: Raises her Dolphin Gun/Night Stick up and shouts "Get Bonus!"

Entrance: Same as Saki's.

--------

Here's what the Dolphin Gun/Night Stick looks like:

And here is a video of Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZUkfxvBeY0

I checked on this website, and I see "2000 Nintendo". No "Treasure" nor "Nintendo/Treasure". Differences between publishers and developers are confusing me, but I know what they do.

And here are four extra videos:

Animation

Opening

Short Gameplay

LLLOOONNNGGG Gameplay

AND

Commercial Ad

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
They would be really fun additions, as S&P was one of those "last, great N64 games that Nintendo screwed us out of playing." But I still thought they belonged to Treasure...

parrothead

Smash Lord
Sounds like most of you believe that almost every title is owned by whoever developed it. That is incorrect. Treasure was helping Nintendo develop S&P: SttE, just like when Capcom did the Zelda Oracles, Four Swords GBA, and the Minish Cap, and when Rare did the Donkey Kong Country titles.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
But remember, Sakurai said he does not want to add characters that were only popular in Japan.

Black/Light

Smash Master
He did hint that that whole Japan character thing worked with R&M so he could div up the new characters. . . Some only from Japan some known around the world. They both seem very unique and I like them. They would work great in SSBB (^_^)!!!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Black/Light hit it right. Sakurai said that he doesn't want to alienate people by including a bunch of Japan-only characters, BUT it worked for Marth and Roy. So he might do it again anyways.

Hopefully he does, because a lot of MY most-wanted characters are Japan-only still :p

parrothead said:
Sounds like most of you believe that almost every title is owned by whoever developed it. That is incorrect. Treasure was helping Nintendo develop S&P: SttE, just like when Capcom did the Zelda Oracles, Four Swords GBA, and the Minish Cap, and when Rare did the Donkey Kong Country titles.
I did not necessarily imply that, because it's evident that, like you say, Capcom doesn't own the Oracle games, and Rare didn't take Star Fox and DKC original creations with them either. Usually what happens is the Developer, if they develop the game themselves, keeps the rights in whatever area they developed it in. However, if another publisher steps in to, say, port the game from Japan to America, the publisher gets the rights to that game in that country (case in point: Mischief Makers was published by Enix in the US, and thus Enix has the rights to that game in the United States, not Treasure). There can be deals where the developer retains rights, like with what most of Atlus publishes for companies like Hudson, and the developer can still retain rights to the license, just not the actual game. So Treasure could go off and release a new game in the US with Marina, just not the original Mischief Makers without consulting Enix. In the case of Sin and Punishment, as was the case with Mario RPG, Nintendo would still require permission from Treasure, because it as a joint-development with Nintendo publishing the title. They do not automatically own the rights to the game.

At least, all of what I just said is how I understand it.

parrothead

Smash Lord
If Nintendo owns most of the important rights, then the website would have "2000 Nintendo" on it. If Treasure owns the equal or most important amount of rights, then the website would have "2000 Nintendo/Treasure" on it. In the Blast Corps website, it has "Nintendo/RareWare", and RareWare owns Blast Corps according to IGN. Did IGN say that Treasure owns most of the rights to S&P: SttE?

CAMELOT was the developer of the Golden Sun series, so does that mean CAMELOT owns most of the rights to both Golden Sun titles?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aristo1413 said:
true true....the game does need more females to tell u the truth
Even though I like female characters better because they are generally faster, I dislike statements like this. Token females are as bad as token anyones. You should add anyone just because they are a minority.

For one thing, SSBM really needs more Asians and black guys. Or homosexuals for that matter.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yuna said:
Even though I like female characters better because they are generally faster, I dislike statements like this. Token females are as bad as token anyones. You should add anyone just because they are a minority.

For one thing, SSBM really needs more Asians and black guys. Or homosexuals for that matter.

wow. . . I sure wish you were on the Nsider when they were having that huge agrument on the topic "SSBB needs a black character ". Everyone wants to agrue about that BUUTT they NEVER say anything bad about statements like "SSBB needs more female characters". They say you shouldn't choose a character by race because that "racist"yet none of them ever pointed out that choosing a character by sex is "sexist". The only differance is 1)that Nintendo has some pretty cool female characters and 2)as soon as somebody says one thing about race people go off and show their low level of intelligence (I never would have thought that someone could EVER think that Japan is full of white people and thats why they don't have many black characters. . . )

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
wow. . . I sure wish you were on the Nsider when they were having that huge agrument on the topic "SSBB needs a black character ". Everyone wants to agrue about that BUUTT they NEVER say anything bad about statements like "SSBB needs more female characters". They say you shouldn't choose a character by race because that "racist"yet none of them ever pointed out that choosing a character by sex is "sexist". The only differance is 1)that Nintendo has some pretty cool female characters and 2)as soon as somebody says one thing about race people go off and show their low level of intelligence (I never would have thought that someone could EVER think that Japan is full of white people and thats why they don't have many black characters. . . )
NSider forums make me sick. THAT'S Sakurai's perspective of the Western fanbase. How gross is that. Makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Kereokacola said:
But remember, Sakurai said he does not want to add characters that were only popular in Japan.
Here's hoping that he changes his mind!!

But are those characters really Nintendo's? Don't they have the "Geno issue"?

Black/Light

Smash Master
FlipTroopa said:
NSider forums make me sick. THAT'S Sakurai's perspective of the Western fanbase. How gross is that. Makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

I know. They have some pretty racist SO-Bs there too. (Never in my life would I have thought that some lil white boy would be telling me that the N word is not bad now and is a sign of RESPECT (Most likely because "Gangster" rappers say it.). . . Im so happy I didn't lose my cool. . . but a 5-9 page agruement about it just shows what some people are learning these days.(I mean like 75% of the lil fools on there didn't know were the word comes from or why ANYONE would see it as bad. . . WTF???))

The only thing I like is that they have full blown support for Blaziken in SSBB. . . Which could be used as a agrument to NOT have him in. . .

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
I know. They have some pretty racist SO-Bs there too. (Never in my life would I have thought that some lil white boy would be telling me that the N word is not bad now and is a sign of RESPECT (Most likely because "Gangster" rappers say it.). . . Im so happy I didn't lose my cool. . . but a 5-9 page agruement about it just shows what some people are learning these days.(I mean like 75% of the lil fools on there didn't know were the word comes from or why ANYONE would see it as bad. . . WTF???))

The only thing I like is that they have full blown support for Blaziken in SSBB. . . Which could be used as a agrument to NOT have him in. . .
Hehe. I'm sorry; that made me roffel a little. I'm just joshin' ya dude; don't take offense :laugh:

And what's worse than the racism and the ideas is that those *******s won't let me JOIN, just because my NP subscription was frozen for a month while we move :ohwell:

Black/Light

Smash Master
They wont let me post because I stopped posting of a while. . . Now I can't even sign in under a different name to tell them to stop underater Wolf Link.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
What a coincidence. I too have troubles there. On topic, however...

Parrot Head, you have to be some sort of genius in what you do. I've never heard of these characters... but I love them. I'd love to have them in Brawl, very much so. It's the type of character I could see easily fitting into the game.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Wait... Saki's a girl? Why does she sound like a guy in the game? (I just downloaded the game through rom, won't tell where. The game's pimp!) :pimp:

Also I read in Wikipedia that the game belongs to Treasure, but in the game it doesn't show that "licenced by/to Nintendo" sign (it shows up at the begining of every a 3rd party game). It actually shows it belongs to Nintendo. I guess he...er I mean she has a shot (no pun intended) to making it into the game. Problem is that she's a Gunner, so they would have to take her gun out and leave her with just her sword. But then again her gun is a plasma gun not a real gun. I dunno....

Black/Light

Smash Master
Link'sShadow said:
Can anyone name any Nintendo Black Characters? The only one that comes to mind is Micheal Chain from F-Zero GX, but he sucked.

Do you mean Black characters from Nintendo? If thats what your asking then anyone from the Gerudo(SP?)( Gannondarf's race) race in the Zelda games could be called "black".

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, while Japan's population is 98% Japanese and 2% non Japanese (That 2% is mostly white) so they just don't have enuff exposure to other "races".

Also, they look more of like a MIX between "Black" and Mid-eastern. But hey, if they ever wanted to make some more of these characters all they would have to do is make a spine-off of Gannondarf's past (If they are making a Tangle (SP?) spine-off then there better be a Gannon spine-off coming down the road.).

But on topic, Chidosengan, their guns are just like Fox's/Falco's and Samus's guns. In fact Zero's whip-gun thing looks just like a real gun but it's not going to have real looking shots so its O.K.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
After spending more time on this game, it is clear as day that Saki is Nintendo's Dante (Devil May Cry). He (the game says he's a guy) would make a fine addition to SSBB.

And about your argument.....cut the crap, man! This are just video game characters, for crying out loud!! They are not meant to be racist or sexist! Back in the 8-bit days nobody cared about that stuff, why start now? Next time, just ignore the guy who raises that argument and avoid pointless arguments.

Oh and btw, I'm hispanic, and I don't give a darn (what the hell with the D word yo?) that there isn't a single hispanic guy in Nintendo's cast.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Chidosengan said:
After spending more time on this game, it is clear as day that Saki is Nintendo's Dante (Devil May Cry). He (the game says he's a guy) would make a fine addition to SSBB.

And about your argument.....cut the crap, man! This are just video game characters, for crying out loud!! They are not meant to be racist or sexist! Back in the 8-bit days nobody cared about that stuff, why start now? Next time, just ignore the guy who raises that argument and avoid pointless arguments.

Oh and btw, I'm hispanic, and I don't give a darn (what the hell with the D word yo?) that there isn't a single hispanic guy in Nintendo's cast.

. . . Whos making a agrument? For a few post we talked about things we didn't like about the Nsider. For me it was some of the racist people there. . . after Link'sShadow read my post he asked if Nintendo had any "black" characters and I told him that the Gerudo were a Black/ Mid-eastern mix and than I told YOU that their guns (on topic) would be O.K. . . No one was agruing. And no one cares that your hispanic for that matter. . .why should that matter?

Edit: And they BOTH look like girls to me. . .

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
And they BOTH look like girls to me. . .
Yea, so they did to me. But apperently Saki (the one with the yellow shirt) is a guy. Weird huh? :chuckle:

EDIT: But then again, alot of sites say he is a girl. Hmm...... And never mind that I said the game says he is a guy, i just thought cause he/she sound like a guy. :( I'm so confused!! Ok so here a poll:

Do you think Saki (the dude/gal in the yellow shirt and black shorts) is a guy or girl?

parrothead

Smash Lord
ON TOPIC: I changed "she" into "he" on Saki's description.

OFF TOPIC: Why don't ya'll talk about emos, ghettos, homos, racists, sexists, pedophiles, sex offenders, rapers, and other kinds of nasty people somewhere else.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
<.<

yeah... well more on topic, rumor has it the is a sequel to this game coming out on the Wii (Wii-mote would fit that game perfectly) I suppose this could increase the chance of these chaters making it through in some way shape or form (at least a trophey ^__^) I like what I've seen of them it's be great to have the as playable charaters, BUT the game bombed in Japan... it wasn't very popular at all dispite how great of a game it was.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Black/Light

Smash Master
parrothead said:
ON TOPIC: I changed "she" into "he" on Saki's description.

OFF TOPIC: Why don't ya'll talk about emos, ghettos, homos, racists, sexists, pedophiles, sex offenders, rapers, and other kinds of nasty people somewhere else.

WE HAVE ALREADY STOPPED TALKING ABOUT THE RACIST Nsider!!! So please, no one bring it up again (Same for you Parrot).

And I still think thats a girl. Never seen a boy with shorts that short and legs like that ( Along with the hair/ face and neck.)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
And I still think thats a girl. Never seen a boy with shorts that short and legs like that ( Along with the hair/ face and neck.)
Watch the video and listen closely to Saki's voice.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Is it "manly" or just sounds like a boy because I have heard tomboy anime girls sound like boys.

But Im about to see it again to make sure.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
Is it "manly" or just sounds like a boy because I have heard tomboy anime girls sound like boys.

But Im about to see it again to make sure.
That sounds untrue.

Black/Light

Smash Master
parrothead said:
That sounds untrue.

. . . What, the thing about the anime tomboys (which IS true.) or me looking at the vid again?

I looked at it again but I have no idea whos talking.

(And if your saying that tomboy thing is untrue then just ask me and I may be able to list a anime that has that. . . Or try to prove that wrong some how.)

parrothead

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
. . . What, the thing about the anime tomboys (which IS true.) or me looking at the vid again?

I looked at it again but I have no idea whos talking.

(And if your saying that tomboy thing is untrue then just ask me and I may be able to list a anime that has that. . . Or try to prove that wrong some how.)
Now I understand, according to one of them statues in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda is a tomboy.

In that video I showed you, if you watch and listen closely to Saki, you'll notice that Saki sounds like a male.

Top Bottom