• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Stafy (Densetsu no Stafy series)

parrothead

Smash Lord

Name: Stafy
First Game Appearance: Densetsu no Stafy
Platform: GBA

SPECIAL MOVES:

B: Spinning Star (spins like Zelda's B-Move, Nayru's Love, but it doesn't reflect attacks. If you press B too much, Stafy will become dizzy and uncontrollable for a short amount of time. Click here and click the word "Spin" to watch him do it in action. You can also rapidly click the "Spin" button to watch him become dizzy.)

Forward+B: Shooting Star (A pretty fast move. Points his head sideways, while he spins toward the direction you move the control stick at. If the player slightly moves the control stick when doing this move, Stafy will do the Whirling Star, which is a more powerful version of the Spinning Star.)

Up+B: Kyorosuke Spin (Used in Legend of Stafy 4, Kyorosuke the clam magically appears, then Stafy clings to Kyorosuke's back end, while they spin rapidly and diagonaly upward.)

Down+B: Falling Star (Click here for a YTMND webpage showing this attack of his while it plays the song for the first Stafy title)

Extreme Attack: Star Coin (If heads, then every opponent gets 100% of damage. If tails, then Stafy gets 100% of damage.)

Taunts:

Entrance: Falls from the sky. Sound's stupid? I doubt it, because at the beginning of every Stafy title, he falls from his home. Otherwise, he'll either be spitted out by Kyorosuke the clam OR come out of one of them clam shells that the Mermaid character pops out of.

Victory Themes - First one from Stafy 1, second one from Stafy 2, and third one from Stafy 3. Sorry, I couldn't find any DS sound files from Stafy 4.

Here are several commercial ads and two music videos:

Densetsu no Stafy 1

Densetsu no Stafy 2 (LONG)

Densetsu no Stafy 2 (SHORT)

Densetsu no Stafy 3 (LONG)

Densetsu no Stafy 3 (SHORT)

Densetsu no Stafy 3 (Music Video)

Densetsu no Stafy 3 (Trailer)

Densetsu no Stafy 4 commercial ONE (right-click on it, and left-click "Play"), TWO and THREE.

AND

Densetsu no Stafy 4 music video

And here are the openings:

Densetsu no Stafy 1

Densetsu no Stafy 2

Densetsu no Stafy 3

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
bro. why did you make another one of these? Are you just pulling characters out of your head and giving them a thread? This has to be like your 5th one.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Because I am planning to link them to that thread where you submit your characters. I should have done this earlier, but I am going to link my submission threads to the submission board.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Now back to the topic.

I hope the name controversy would end, because I am getting sick and tired of people calling him Stafi, Starfy, and Starfi, because they don't look nor sound correct. Also, click here and read the name controversy part.

Black/Light

Smash Master
At first I was like WTF?!? Another character that has no chance in be popular enuff to even get nintendos attention on the matter?!?! But then I saw the Music vid and a battle on Utube and said "I would really like to play as this character or at least play that game (^_^), looks fun. . ."

This, and that boy in blue with all those toys, are some really good ideas. . .but those are the only ones of your that I like.

(But I realy like how while everyone else have these hardcore/popular character ideas you look for the lesser known but SSB like characters that would be unique. LOL everyone is raveing for more FE and FZero characters yet you are looking for the cute ones, like kriby, that should be in the game.)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
parrothead said:
Because I am planning to link them to that thread where you submit your characters. I should have done this earlier, but I am going to link my submission threads to the submission board.
What are you talking about?

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
parrothead said:
Now back to the topic.

I hope the name controversy would end, because I am getting sick and tired of people calling him Stafi, Starfy, and Starfi, because they don't look nor sound correct. Also, click here and read the name controversy part.
I would be one of those people :p...
Of the characters that you suggested I think this one has the better chances to appear in Brawl, because he has more games and is well know at Japan (I would prefer Demiru though).

Black/Light

Smash Master
Man, the more I look at it the more I think he could work. Again, your good presentation has gotten me behind one of your charactes (only 2. . . )

Do you have a vid of Demiru too?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I really don't care about Stafy being in this game or not. People are saying he's popular in Japan though, so I guess that raises his chances.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Y34HDUD3!!! said:
well i think stafy has little chance to b in, hes not so popular y'know.

He must be hella popular in Japan. . . he has his own music video.

GenG

Smash Lord
Stafy has 4 games (the last one for DS) and all of them sold remarkeably well (each one surpassed 200k). If the new "game for everyone" Nintendo character besides Kirby, very popular. This one SHOULD be in Brawl, it's one of the greatest additions out there.
And Nintendo WILL better do: Great and funny character, great franchise, many fans, a LOT of moves to pull out... He has a little sister, Stapy, who could swap places with Stafy ala Zelda/Sheik.
Stapy is smaller, faster (yet weaker). She can duck-dash, wall-bounce, has a shield, etc. She can be a clone after all, but I prefer a transformation/swap gameplay between these two.

By the way parrothead, I remember you from the C-Island Boards. Welcome :)

fluffy

Smash Champion
hmmm....stafy's face annoys me.

he can be like a kirby type of a playa.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
My only concern with all these characters you keep suggesting, esp. Starfy, is that Sakurai wants to keep the game "world conscious." He said the Fire Emblem characters in Melee proved you can do Japan only and be successful in other markets, but he wants to avoid that this time. So, sadly, that might point towards NO exclusives from either side of the Pacific (Starfy or Mike or any other kin)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Like the characters, but not the moveset. Can someone please link me to the Japaness site and I'll try and make one.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Y34HDUD3!!! said:
well i think stafy has little chance to b in, hes not so popular y'know.
He IS popular, why else give him four games? Japan loves him. I'd love this guy in brawl.

GenG

Smash Lord
FlipTroopa said:
My only concern with all these characters you keep suggesting, esp. Starfy, is that Sakurai wants to keep the game "world conscious." He said the Fire Emblem characters in Melee proved you can do Japan only and be successful in other markets, but he wants to avoid that this time. So, sadly, that might point towards NO exclusives from either side of the Pacific (Starfy or Mike or any other kin)
Is this true? I remember clearly the entry 180 in the poll, where he only said that native japanese characters did well in the US, becoming pretty popular and even pushing 3 games in the States. Nothing about "no exclusives from either side of the Pacific" because, if that were true, it means no Sigurd, no Stafy, no Takamaru and no Mother3 characters. And a lot of angry japanese (me too).

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
ah ok then stafy has still a chance to b in brawl, (no more sh** craracters good movesets please) he would b a high jumpin, fast hitter little biatch.

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
Wow, another game character whose game was originally slated to be on the GameBoy Color. :p

I honestly think that the name in America would be "Starfy", as in star fish. This is because in Japan, Kirby is commonly called "Kābi". I think it would work sort of the same way, pronunciation wise.

As for the character, I'd love to see it. I've played all of the GBA games and I'm looking forward to playing the DS one. A very much overlooked Nintendo character.

Black/Light

Smash Master
parrothead said:
He also has four vocal songs sung by sexy Japanese girls.

. . . Do you mean Cut-e(sp?)? If so then you do know some of them are like 10, right. . . .?

parrothead

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
. . . Do you mean Cut-e(sp?)? If so then you do know some of them are like 10, right. . . .?
°C-ute did Legend of Stafy 4, Perfume did Legend of Stafy 3, Kazuki Saya did Legend of Stafy 2, and BECKY did Legend of Stafy 1.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I didn't want Stafy in until I saw that YTMND with Flint. Now I want Stafy just so he can fight Kirby.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Stafy isn't a sea star. He fell from the sky; he's an actual star. ....right?

It doesn't friggin matter. He's likely to get in, and that's all that needs to be said :laugh:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Super Smash Master said:
He is the most uncreative character i've ever seen.
...you've never even played a Stafy game, have you? Anyway, if Stafy gets into brawl, then there's a chance Legend Of Stafy 4 could be released outside Japan, like with Fire Emblem

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Super Smash Master said:
He is the most uncreative character i've ever seen.
then you havn't seen waluigi have you? At least Stafy isn't a cheap knock off he is his own person, he has his own series and personality and he is very creative how many other games have you seen centered around a star?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
then you havn't seen waluigi have you? At least Stafy isn't a cheap knock off he is his own person, he has his own series and personality and he is very creative how many other games have you seen centered around a star?
Or at least good ones, besides SMRPG.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
brave words for someone with the name "super smash master" =P
Actually that was my user name by accident. It was original supposed to be Super Ska Master, but I had smash on the mind so I put smash by accident.

HE IS A ****ING YELLOW STAR WITH A FACE! HOW IS HE CREATIVE? I could've made a better character when I was FOUR. I don't care if the games are fun. I am just saying that Stafy has the laziest design of any character ever.

Top Bottom