• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Tin Star (from Tin Star (SNES))

parrothead

Smash Lord

Name: Tin Star
First Game Appearance: Tin Star
Platform: SNES

Special Moves:

B: Quick Draw (shoots a few shots while reloading)
Forward+B: Dynamite (throws a dynamite)
Up+B: Saddle-Up (jumps on his robotic horse, Aluminum, (which has a built-in rocket) and rides diagonally upward)
Down+B: Revolver Ricochet (Tin Star shoots in a downward diagonal direction, with the bullet rapidly ricocheting according to the trajectory angle every time it comes in contact with a surface ala PONG)

Extreme Attack: Wild Gunman (rapidly shoots everyone without missing a shot. Bullets glow with power and passes through opponents rather than cancelling out upon contact, allowing him to hit multiple targets with the same bullet.)

Entrance: Rides in with his robotic horse, Aluminum.

Taunt:

Victory Theme

Tin Star's Stages

Tribute to Tin Star *NEW*

parrothead

Smash Lord
WiirDStyle said:
Who was the game developed and published by?
It was developed by Software Creations and published by Nintendo, according to Wikipedia. The Nintendo logo appeared before and during the title screen.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Man, nough already! Your character ideas are excellent and very original (We got to see Ice Climbers and Mr. G&W in Melee, you may never know). But you are making too many threads. Instead, open one thread with all your character ideas or go to the "Characters that you would like in Brawl" topic.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Tin Star is the only SNES title that you can use either the SNES Mouse, the Super Scope, or the standard controller.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I was sure that Tin Star didn't really belong to them, but whatever works. Doesn't sound like that company's still around...

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Never even heard of the dude, or the game, and I played A LOT of Nintendo games back in the day.

Unicyclist

Smash Cadet
:-/ No chance for this character though-I'm pretty sure someone (that narrows it down a lot, eh? :-/) said that Pit was going to be the only classic character. I may be wrong though.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Unicyclist said:
:-/ No chance for this character though-I'm pretty sure someone (that narrows it down a lot, eh? :-/) said that Pit was going to be the only classic character. I may be wrong though.
I don't believe in rumors, because after several months since I heard that Shigesato Itoi said that GBA MOTHER 3's storyline was going to be different compared to N64 MOTHER 3, and during the release of GBA MOTHER 3, I noticed that the storyline is heavily-based on the N64 MOTHER 3.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Unicyclist said:
Though Tin Star's chances may not be so good, the same does not apply to all classic characters. That "info" was from that bogus Ridley, Bowser Jr., and Celda rumor - don't believe a word of it! Still, I would like to see Tin Star make a comeback - it would be awesome to see how Sakurai's team might revamp him.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Dude, this is one lame-*** character Idea with some lame *** stages and background music.

You make a thread for every weird character that no-one's heard of.

I reckon Demiru was the best.

You should have stuck with Demiru and Stafy.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Dude, this is one lame-*** character Idea with some lame *** stages and background music.

You make a thread for every weird character that no-one's heard of.

I reckon Demiru was the best.

You should have stuck with Demiru and Stafy.
*cough*Nancy!*cough*

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Yeah, but there's not enough space for all these wacky ideas,
and Parrothead's ideas started out awesome, but the characters he's choosing just
seem to get lamer and lamer. I mean, this guy has no interesting sounding moves,
(unlike sukapon) and he just looks too... wacky... like an animaniacs cartoon.
In other words, I don't like his look too much either.
I guess I'd get used to it if he were in brawl, but I'd much rather have Demille!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Yeah, but there's not enough space for all these wacky ideas,
and Parrothead's ideas started out awesome, but the characters he's choosing just
seem to get lamer and lamer. I mean, this guy has no interesting sounding moves,
(unlike sukapon) and he just looks too... wacky... like an animaniacs cartoon.
In other words, I don't like his look too much either.
I guess I'd get used to it if he were in brawl, but I'd much rather have Demille!
Much better. Sorry, but that earlier post read too much like a flame. While Tin Star certainly doesn't qualify as "cool", I wouldn't quite say he's lame. And he is a much better suggestion than alot of others that make their way into the Forum, particularily all these random Pokemon threads that keep popping up.

Goron-dorf

Smash Rookie
Man, I loved this game! I doubt we'll see him in any more games, but I'd love to have him in Brawl. Only problems are there are more "deserving" or popular characters, and Sakurai mentioned guns wouldn't really work in a Smash game (paraphrasing). But the levels would be VERY cool. I can almost imagine them perfectly revamped in 3D.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Lord Deathborne said:
a much better suggestion than alot of others
THAT DOES NOT SOMEHOW MAGICALLY MAKE IT "good".

I mean come on! "Down shoot"!?
Sounds like a waste of a move space to me...

At least those random pokemon threads provide good movesets...

P.S. his face angers me.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Unicyclist said:
You are wrong. Very wrong. The developers are alot better than that.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I call foul. Animaniacs was an excellent show, and Tin Star's personality would be an excellent addition to the Smash firmament. None of the other characters have that sort of crackpot cartoon style to them. It would be interesting to see what they would do with it in 3D.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here is a pretty funny fact about Tin Star: He only takes his hat off on Sundays. Probably the Wii's built-in clock and calender would let him take his hat off as his second taunt.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Just a bit of a suggestion:

For his vB, how about "Revolver Ricochet": Tin Star shoots in a downward diagonal direction, with the bullet rapidly ricocheting according to the trajectory angle every time in comes in contact with a surface ala PONG. Also, for name variation, how about renaming the neutral B move "Quick Draw".

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
Just a bit of a suggestion:

For his vB, how about "Revolver Ricochet": Tin Star shoots in a downward diagonal direction, with the bullet rapidly ricocheting according to the trajectory angle every time in comes in contact with a surface ala PONG. Also, for name variation, how about renaming the neutral B move "Quick Draw".
I like that idea for the down B move better :)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I see parrothead liked the idea :)

Here's one for his Brawl:

Wild Gunman (tribute to another classic Nintendo western game) -- Tin Star takes out both guns, firing them in the John Wayne fashion (fires 1st gun then draws it back , fires 2nd gun then draws it back), albeit in rapid succesion. Bullets glow with power and passes through opponents rather than cancelling out upon contact, allowing him to hit multiple targets with the same bullet. This move has a duration of about 30 seconds and ranks up extensive amounts of damage but does not have any knockback factor.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I hope Sakurai and ESRB would understand that it's okay for kids to see a cowboy and/or a Western sheriff using Western guns, because they still have some Western-style toy guns.

I see parrothead liked the idea :)

Here's one for his Brawl:

Wild Gunman (tribute to another classic Nintendo western game) -- Tin Star takes out both guns, firing them in the John Wayne fashion (fires 1st gun then draws it back , fires 2nd gun then draws it back), albeit in rapid succesion. Bullets glow with power and passes through opponents rather than cancelling out upon contact, allowing him to hit multiple targets with the same bullet. This move has a duration of about 30 seconds and ranks up extensive amounts of damage but does not have any knockback factor.
Is that his Extreme Attack?

parrothead

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if it is good to use the name of an obscure NES Zapper title as a move/Super Smash move. I don't know which Super Smash move is better.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I just think "Wild Gunman" would be a better title for his Brawl Move and would fit the description of either suggestion (which ever on you prefer). And its because of that obscurity that gets a name-only reference. It sounds cool at least.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Most likely not, but it's an idea I support none the less. I was thinking that Tin Star could also represent, via mainly by reference, the other Western themed Nintendo game like Sheriff and Wild Gunman (as indicated with my Brawl Move suggestion).

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

I renamed his Super Smash move, Wild Gunman, while I combined my description with Lord_Deathborne's.

Top Bottom