• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Fighter Hayabusa (not Ryu Hayabusa)

parrothead

Smash Lord

Name: Fighter Hayabusa
First Game Appearance: Pro Wrestling
Platform: NES
Release Date: March, 1987
Home Stage: Unknown

WORKS:

Pro Wrestling (NES)

Fighter Hayabusa was born on September 18, 1951, in Okinawa, Japan. He is 6' 2" and is 230 lbs.. He is a judo expert as well as Nintendo's main wrestler in Pro Wrestling. Fighter Hayabusa is tougher than before he was.

Weight: 4/5
Size: 4/5
Power: 4/5
Jump: 2/5
Speed: 3/5

SPECIAL MOVES:

B - Kibisugaeshi (Dashes forward and sticks one of his opponent's legs or feet up, while he firmly lays the opponent's back on the ground. Based on the real Kibisugaeshi.)

Up + B - Shiny Knee Lift (Jumps and sticks his knee diagonally upward with a shiny accent. Gives 16% of damage, but it lifts him a bit higher than Link's Spin Attack)

Foward + B - Kanibasami (Sticks his opponent between his legs, and flips his opponent's head or top to the ground using his legs. Based on the real Kanibasami)

Down + B - Double Knee Drop (Almost as fast as Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick, but a bit weaker than Bowser's Bowser Bomb. Fighter Hayabusa points both of his knees diagonally downward while falling.

Extreme Attack - Back Brain Kick (When near one, two, or three opponents, Fighter Hayabusa will run behind the closest opponent and firmly kick his/her/its head very firmly. As soon as he finishes his Super Smash Move, the words "Back Brain Kick" will appear on the screen in Japanese. Gives 150% of damage.).

Taunt - Same as the first picture.

Entrance - Walks in while he puts on his wrestling belt.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Pro Wrestling is one of the earliest and one of the best wrestling titles in existance.

Taramoor

Smash Cadet
I would rather Starman or Giant Panther than Hayabusa.

He's a little too generic, I think.

Then again, I champion Balloon Fighter for SSBB, so who knows.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Now Im starting to think that you are posting too many character threads. You should do one big thread with all those characters named "Overlooked characters in Brawl?".

parrothead

Smash Lord
Tomasiarity said:
Now Im starting to think that you are posting too many character threads. You should do one big thread with all those characters named "Overlooked characters in Brawl?".
Okay, I will submit more characters in my overlooked characters thread next time.

parrothead

Smash Lord
FlipTroopa said:
Another triple A+ idea ;)

Have you ever been to Nintendo Database, parrot?
Yes, but some of the information that FryGuy64 is incorrect. He also missed out on some things like a cancelled Nintendo title called Luna Blaze and the Game Boy Color version of Tomato Adventure: Gimmick Land, which was cancelled.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
parrothead said:
Yes, but some of the information that FryGuy64 is incorrect. He also missed out on some things like a cancelled Nintendo title called Luna Chase and the Game Boy Color version of Tomato Adventure: Gimmick Land, which was cancelled.
You are full of Nintendo knowledge, you got my respect .

parrothead

Smash Lord
Fighter Hayabusa is also known as "The Invincible Warrior", but that doesn't mean he is invincible.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
hmm....

I never knew Pro Wrestling was MADE by Nintendo. That just makes the game even better thn it already is :)

Its one of the best fighting games ever made (If you classify it as fightning, tht is)

bbb

Smash Champion
This game pwns, and pretty much all over looked characters pwn, some more than others. :ohwell:

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

I believe SSBB needs a wrestler. It would be very interesting to have an Event Match called "Wrestling VS. Boxing". Also, Pro Wrestling is one of the titles of the Nintendo Sports franchise.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
:chuckle: WOW:chuckle:

I want this guy (and others) to be in and make a remake in the game. I could be like that anime series "Ultimate Muscle". I like that Amazon Guy he reminds me of Blanka from Street Fighter.

parrothead

Smash Lord
:chuckle: WOW:chuckle:

I want this guy (and others) to be in and make a remake in the game. I could be like that anime series "Ultimate Muscle". I like that Amazon Guy he reminds me of Blanka from Street Fighter.
Before Ultimate Muscle, there was Kinnikuman, it almost came to America and it would of became another 80s fad. Then 4Kids decided to just bring the sequel to America, because Kinnikuman is outdated. People should refer to Ultimate Muscle as Kinnikuman Nisei.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

I know Starman and the Amazon are the two most popular wrestlers, but Fighter Hayabusa is the main icon of Pro Wrestling.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

Want me to use this moveset for Fighter Hayabusa?

Special Moves:

B - Kibisugaeshi (Dashes forward and sticks one of his opponent's legs or feet up, while he firmly lays the opponent's back on the ground.)

Up + B - Shiny Knee Lift (Jumps and sticks his knee diagonally upward with a shiny accent. Gives 16% of damage, but it lifts him a bit higher than Link's Spin Attack)

Foward + B - Kanibasami (Sticks his opponent between his legs, and flips his opponent's head or top to the ground.)

Down + B - Double Knee Drop (Almost as fast as Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick, but a bit weaker than Bowser's Bowser Bomb. Fighter Hayabusa points both of his knees diagonally downward while falling.

Extreme Attack - Back Brain Kick (When near one, two, or three opponents, Fighter Hayabusa will run behind the closest opponent and firmly kick his/her/its head very firmly. As soon as he finishes his Super Smash Move, the words "Back Brain Kick" will appear on the screen in Japanese. Gives 150% of damage.).

parrothead

Smash Lord
Nice moveset, but Starman IS the most popular, by far :p
That's because he is easier to use than most others. Also, there are many people and things by the name of Starman out there:

Starman - Megaman series
Starman - MOTHER/EarthBound series
Starman - One of Mario's power-ups

The Amazon also appeared in one of the WarioWare titles.

If Starman and the Amazon are the most popular, then why is Fighter Hayabusa on the front cover of the games? I believe he is the main icon of Pro Wrestling. Not only he is a wrestler, but he is also a judo expert.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
That's because he is easier to use than most others. Also, there are many people and things by the name of Starman out there:

Starman - Megaman series
Starman - MOTHER/EarthBound series
Starman - One of Mario's power-ups

The Amazon also appeared in one of the WarioWare titles.

If Starman and the Amazon are the most popular, then why is Fighter Hayabusa on the front cover of the games? I believe he is the main icon of Pro Wrestling. Not only he is a wrestler, but he is also a judo expert.
He looks the most like a wrestler so he goes well on the box, maybe?

And the argument that the character deserves to be in because he is the "most like a wrestler" just sounds weird. Not saying anything else, just that it's... weird. I don't think Smash relies on particular "fighters" a la Capcom/SNK games, where there's always the boxer, the capoiera, the grappler, etc. It's just everybody who is anybody at Nintendo. The game clearly shows that there's no "classes" present; I mean, how many small, light characters are there? And big, slow guys? If the game needs anything, it's middleweights and really off-the-wall characters.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
He is the most sterotypical wrestler muscle-bound with tights, and he is Japanese, so they made him the icon, but AFTER the game's release, Starman and the Amazon rose up in fame.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I found out another thing why is Fighter Hayabusa on every different cover of Pro Wrestling. It's because he is from Japan, and that country is where Nintendo was founded. It is also Nintendo's main home. Fighter Hayabusa is also the first Nintendo wrestler.

If none of his moves (including Kibisugaeshi and Kanibasami) are good enough, then choose some of these.

ThePixelGuru

Smash Rookie
A wrestler would be interesting, but there are a couple things to consider.

Would a character with so many 'grabs' work that well? All other characters have, at most, two (ie, Falcon with his grab and ^B or Bowser's grab and >B). An argument could be made for diversity of characters, but an equally powerful one could be made for a wrestler just not fitting in.

Second is the amount of extra work required to put him in. Something like just one of the suggested wrestling moves necessitates a extra animation for every single other character in the game - say, three wrestling moves means 120+ extra animations, which quickly becomes difficult.

Thirdly, wrestling works based on the specific body structure and relative size of humans. I find it silly when people cite realism on these boards (c'mon, double jumping?), but it seems this is just too far out. How do you wrestle Kirby? He doesn't have a leg to pin, just a foot. Or Metaknight, or Pikachu. Compare to wrestling Bowser or (speculation) Ridley. Seems too difficult, or too much effort to make more than a simple grab work.

When you get into multiple wrestling pins, I don't see it working. Maybe a couple more throws, piledrivers, bodyslams or the like, but leg pins and such don't seem to fit nor do they seem to be possible in Smash Bros.

parrothead

Smash Lord
If Nintendo ever has enough time and effort to create a character that knows wrestling and judo, then that's fine. If not, then Fighter Hayabusa can be a trophy or something similar.

Banpresto recently added a wrester name Kinniku Suguru (and other wrestlers) from the Kinnikuman series in Jump Ultimate Stars, which is filled with non-wrestlers as well.

The Street Fighter series also has some wrestlers like E. Honda (sumo wrestling) and Zangief (regular wrestling). Even some other fighting games have wrestlers (excluding wrestling games).

I gave Fighter Hayabusa only two grab moves, and three non-grab moves (that includes his Back Brain Kick as his Super Smash Move) in his Special Moves list.

MBXfilms

Smash Rookie
Kick

That's my youtube video of Pro Wrestling!

I really want a Pro Wrestling character in Brawl too, and a clone for another wrestler. It's more popular than the Ice Climbers and they got in.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I did, but McFox locked it, while someone posted a tagged, character index thread.

SmashYou6666

Banned via Administration
Yes, I would like to see him in brawl. More character from the past/obscure Nintendo universe I say.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I have played Pro Wrestling so I now know who this guy is.

He's not as popular as Little Mac but he would have a better moveset. Though, the Amazon guy seems more iconic to this game.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
It is a classic and would make a great Brawl character. But sadly if Little Mac is an AT, it all points that Hayabusa will be too.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I have played Pro Wrestling so I now know who this guy is.

He's not as popular as Little Mac but he would have a better moveset. Though, the Amazon guy seems more iconic to this game.
IMO, Fighter Hayabusa would make a better choice, because he is not only Nintendo's first wrestler, but also their first judo expert. And did you know The Amazon made a cameo appearance in WarioWare Twisted?

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

If Fighter Hayabusa became an Assist Trophy, he would grabs an opponent, and do his Back Brain Kick (a.k.a. Enzuigiri) move.

Top Bottom