• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scizor for SSBB

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
With all these threads for possible poke candidates, i really think they should put them all together. but as this hasn't happened, yet. I've made a thread for feasible characters to put in the game. Seriously think about fighting or fightinglike pokemon would work the best. It was hard to pick from heavyhitters like hitmonlee/hitmonchan but I have decided on Scizor. I don't know about you but Scizor has cost me many a match while playing with friends. He's strong, agile, versatile, and has flying capability making him aerial combat compatible. I believe he could easily become a top tier character. Speak.

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
I'm not gonna lie Scyther looks cooler and more popular, but i like Scizor a little, just a little, bit more. I'd rather have them both.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
I love you, that's what I'll speak.

Either of them would be awesome in my book, but I've always been more of a fan of Scizor myself. Compared to Scyther, just a better Pokémon.

By the way, that Scyther card sucks D:.

This Scyther is the good card.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'll say this again for this pokemon topic...No other pokemon until Blaziken and Lacerio((SP?) Steel/fighting pokemon) get in! They are the 2 "first place pokemon" to get in this game imo...

primusfan

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to insult anyone who likes Pokemon at all so don't take any offense to this but hasn't anyone gotten tired of Pokemon yet? Yeah, I liked at the beginning, and it was cool when it first came out but as I've grown, I've realized how crazy it is. Just think about everything in the Pokemon universe for a second. It's insane. But I think that the ones in the Smash games right now (excluding Pichu) are fine and we don't need any more. Besides, if some people had their way, every Pokemon would be in Brawl.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
People, in case you hadn't noticed, no pokeball pokemon from SSB 64 made it into SSBM as a character. They just don't do it. Scyther and Scizor worked fine in pokeballs, and should stay there.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Goldenmuffin said:
People, in case you hadn't noticed, no pokeball pokemon from SSB 64 made it into SSBM as a character. They just don't do it. Scyther and Scizor worked fine in pokeballs, and should stay there.
See, i'm fine with that. I'm just tired of playable Pokemon.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
See, im not fine with Pokemon staying in Pokeballs, when they deserve to be in as much as many other characters, and are much more popular than these other character suggestions.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
Oh, the Scyther I posted wasn't for pic. It was for the quality of the card in the TCG :D.

Scyther or Scizor (preferably red bug o'death) would work marvelously in Brawl.

LareNoel

Smash Cadet
im saying scizor over scyther over all other pokemon for brawl
although both of those guys could have about the same moveset
something wing attackesque for their ^B
fury cutter could be a dancing bladeesque >B
ummm
my other attacks on my old scizor were metal claw and swords dance, but i think putting swords dance in would be difficult and probably broken/completely ****ty
hed fall like a rock though

Iggy K

Smash Ace
the ONLY reason I'd like him is because Pichu is likely to be cut and we'll need a 2nd gen rep.

SensFan

Smash Cadet
Scyther and Scizor have no chance of getting in.

I don't know about some of the newer games, but I do know that you could play through the game six or seven times without even seeing a Scyther once. I believe you could only find them in the Safari Zone, and only if you walked around for hours. My point is that they are not prominent Pokemon at all. Scyther is not a unique character, it is a whole breed of Pokemon... unless a Scyther or Scizor has come into prominence in the TV series... I dunno. Jigglypuff, Pikachu, and Mewtwo are all CHARACTERS who are relatively important to the story in the TV series or the movies. Same goes for Blaziken, actually. If anyone wants to bring up the Pichu argument, I'll note that he was added simply as the only logical clone for Pikachu. Not to mention that Pichu will need a miracle to survive the transition to Brawl. If you ask me, Meowth and maybe Mew are the only original 151 with a shot, since Meowth is a very prominent character and Mew is a potential Mewtwo clone (although the latter is highly unlikely, I think). I'm not sure about any of the new guys.

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't really care if they're not prominent characters, I just think they're cool and would work well because they have human-like movements.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
primusfan said:
I believe he was in Smash 64.
Wrong.
The closest thing to sciszor was Hitmonlee only because they do basically the same thing.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Does anyone think they'll add all the legendaries from the Ruby and Sapphire series? Because by now, there are a LOT of legendaries...

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Wenbobular said:
Does anyone think they'll add all the legendaries from the Ruby and Sapphire series? Because by now, there are a LOT of legendaries...
Negative. The Regis can't really fight, Kyogre is a fish, and Rayquaza is simply too long to be in Brawl. However, Groudon, Latios/as, and Deoxys of any form may make it in.

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't count on them putting Anymore pokemon as selectable chars. The reason pikachu and them were in there was because they were some of the more famous pokemon from the show.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well, Snorlax in the game is bigger than half the stage and some reason knows fly...plus they have Goldeen. I won't be surpised by a flying Kyogre. Hehe. And Groudon. Big red...angry looking think. That has too much attack for his own good. Kinda like Kyogre's specials...
...I suppose that was vaguely off topic. Read the first part. Heh.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
DaZe said:
I wouldn't count on them putting Anymore pokemon as selectable chars. The reason pikachu and them were in there was because they were some of the more famous pokemon from the show.
Pfft. Shows how much you know. Mewtwo had nothing to do with the show, and same goes for Pichu. If that theory were true, than Psyduck and Geodude would also be in the game.

There will be more Pokemon. Stop trying to deny it. You know it. Pokemon is one of the largest money cows ever.

Plus, some of them are pretty cute.

fluffy

Smash Champion
like i posted this at another thread...

B: double team
Down + B: focus energy (u can charge it to make ur next attack deadly)
Up + B: uppercut (like marths)
Forward + B: slash (like boswer's)

his A attacks would be cutting the opponent (totally emo), and he can hav multiple jumps like kirby and puff. he should be able to wavedash at great lenghts cuz of his agility while being capable of DI'ing out of mostly anything. bad sides of him would be that he gets knocked out pretty easily and fire does extra damage to him (which i think is gay, i know). anywayz, forget the weakness thing. eh?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'd rather have Cloyster. It's bigger and has the best defense in the game...shame it doesn't really help it's crappy special defense...
Mewtwo was actually in the 1st season of Pokemon. It was kind of a side story for Giovanni but...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
But Cloyster is so big! Bigger is better...
And why isn't my signature showing? Grr.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Wenbobular said:
Mewtwo was actually in the 1st season of Pokemon. It was kind of a side story for Giovanni but...
No, not really. They did show Mewtwo bursting out of the Veridian Gym and I think they may have showed him fighting in the gym, but that was it.

Anyways, I'd like to see Scizor as a character. Cooler than Scyther. ANd has a cooler voice.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
And he's shiny. And red. I always did like red...
Ya know it'd be kinda funny if for Shellder/Cloyster, you picked it up and hid in it while bouncing around like a giant wrecking ball of doom...before exploding. Two things Cloyster is used for. Well, maybe three. Spikes, possibly its high defense, and Explosion. Hehe. Gotta love things that explode.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Wenbobular said:
And he's shiny. And red. I always did like red...
Ya know it'd be kinda funny if for Shellder/Cloyster, you picked it up and hid in it while bouncing around like a giant wrecking ball of doom...before exploding. Two things Cloyster is used for. Well, maybe three. Spikes, possibly its high defense, and Explosion. Hehe. Gotta love things that explode.
Cloyster? Nah.

As for Gligar...? Let's ask the Kool-Aid guy...

"Ooooh yeah!"

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
B: double team
Down + B: focus energy (u can charge it to make ur next attack deadly)
Up + B: uppercut (like marths)
Forward + B: slash (like boswer's)

uppercut? lol.

whats the deal w/ backing scizor brawl-legitness by saying he's a "fighting pkmn"...don't all pkmn fight?

that fact that he stands on 2 legs isn't alot of credit. Cuz thats over half the pkmn period.
granted, yea..i think he'd be better choice than say....Charizard..or Ursaring...or Sloking.

i like how the starter of this thread is all like...
"after much consideration..i have decided that Scizor is the best choice for me!"
well, congrats man. why don't we ALL start our own thread on who we think is cool.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Reminds me of that Family Guy episode where the Cool-Aid guy bursts through the wall...it took me probably five minutes to stop laughing...
What would Gligar do? Fly around using Guillotine to slice people for 20 damage? Pretty hilarioso.
It'd be funny if Ditto appeared and changed into you, and mirrored your moves. Be pretty funny if u infinite shined someone with yourself and a Ditto...and I'm sure some people would go nuts finding combos with two people...heh.
Anyone up for Castform? I think thats the name. It's cute and changes weather.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Zook said:
Pfft. Shows how much you know. Mewtwo had nothing to do with the show, and same goes for Pichu. If that theory were true, than Psyduck and Geodude would also be in the game.

There will be more Pokemon. Stop trying to deny it. You know it. Pokemon is one of the largest money cows ever.
Im saving this for lol Purposes after brawl comes out with no new playable pokes

Top Bottom