• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blastoise and Charizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi-Mario

Smash Cadet
Blastoise

B: Water Gun/Hydro Pump
Tap B constantly to shoot water.
Hold down B to shoot a powerful Hydro Pump that will push them far back.

B+Forward: Skull Bash
A Slow but Powerful Attack that will drive your opponent into the ground like a stake.

B+Down: Super Splash
A Drop Attack that flattens opponents by using sheer weight.

B+Up: Rapid Spin
A Recovery Move that hits multiple times.

Charizard

B: Flamethrower
Burn your enemies to a Crisp! Loses Power and Range if used constantly.

B+Forward: Fire Blast
Shoots a fireball. Power, Speed and Range increases when charged up.

B+Down: Counter
Swats away an opponent with a fierce tail slap when attacked.

B+Up: Fly
Lets you move freely in the air for 4 Seconds. Causes no Damage.

fluffy

Smash Champion
lol id luv to see pikachu attempt to fight them. although electricity does beat water.

either way, theyre huge.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
The blastoise is a bowser which i knew before reading the thread.I like the charizard though =) we dont need flamethrower though so come up with somthing else and giga bowser is the bowser clone =3 he might become a playable charctor since hes a nintendo allstar,just shrink him and debug some of him >_>

omgadam

Smash Rookie
deathblazer said:
Nice movesets however I doubt they'll make it into this game.

yea nice job on puzzlin out the move sets.. but.. i dnt see how they would fit into SSBB

pikachu, jiggly puff, and mewtwo all have human characteristics and seem intelligent.

Pichu is pikachu's pre-evolved form so i guess that makes him liek that too lolz

but blastoise and charizard are just strong pokemon, i cnt picture them jumping around and fighting in SSBB

=TF=Omega

Smash Cadet
More Pokemon....great. :psycho:

In that case, include Venusaur, Dragonite, Machamp, Raichu....

The list goes on and on. We can't have all the Pokemon in there people, and if they do include more they would probobly be un eveolved or uneveolvable like Pikachu or Mewtwo for instance.

like Omgadam said, they would just look strange fighting alongside everyone else.

fluffy

Smash Champion
deathblazer said:
Nice movesets however I doubt they'll make it into this game.
agreed. or maybe theyre already in the game =O. bowser has fire attacks like charizard in the form of blastoise.

Munzer

Smash Rookie
Agreed^^
They should definately just stay as part of the pokeball item.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
There's no Ridley to clone. And since Charizard has already cameo'd in the game, id say Ridley=Charizard Clone. And although a few moves (rapid spin) are common, the water/hydro are used differently, and skull bash is different from Koopa Claw entirely, along with super splash, which is a clone move but should be changed.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Maybe Sakurai has ties with Akira and they will put in Potarra Earings, so if You are charizard with a Blastoise Teamate and you both have an earing, you fuse into bowser to create one character that cna totally turn the tide of the match!

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Blastoise=Bowser/DK clone

I think there are a lot of better Pokémon available. Let Blastoise and Charizard stay in the pokéball.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Look, the Pokemon chosen for the games were Pokemon popular from the anime. Pikachu and Jigglypuff were popular on the cartoon. Then The movie with Mewtwo was out around the time of the second game. And it had that Pichu mini-cartoon. I'd put my money on Pokemon popular from the cartoon right now. I'm guessing Dioxys and something cute. Maybe that prevolution of Snorlax.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Grimie said:
Look, the Pokemon chosen for the games were Pokemon popular from the anime. Pikachu and Jigglypuff were popular on the cartoon. Then The movie with Mewtwo was out around the time of the second game. And it had that Pichu mini-cartoon. I'd put my money on Pokemon popular from the cartoon right now. I'm guessing Dioxys and something cute. Maybe that prevolution of Snorlax.
how about :052: ?

Ixplis

Smash Rookie
WR3K said:
1- they have too much of a lack of personality
And pichu is just exploding with personality, isn't he? Or Doc? People have to realize that before these games were made, most of these characters weren't very clearly defined. Doctor Mario never actually fought in his own game, and Jigglypuff in the game has a rather different fighting style when compared to his cartoon version. Bowser is rather similar to blastoise, but I believe the great people at nintendo could make them different enough. At the least, you'd have clones, which would still have vastly different play styles (Fox and Falco anyone?)

(Edit: I reread this post and realized I sound like a jerk. I wasn't trying to come of that way when I wrote it. Don't take me too seriously.)

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
I think there are much better Pokemon to choose from. Those two have been in Pokeballs for the last two games, it should stay that way. Blastoise would be a water Bowser, except slower.

We need third generation representation anyway (namely Deoxys).

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
IMO there's already Blastoise and Charizard in the game...I can't think of anyone else but Bowser that you'd get when you cross the two. A giant draconian turtle that breathes fire? Yeah, I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Im tired of Pokemon haters saying they would just be two halves of Bowser. I see that Blastoise has a shell, so the may be similar to bowser, but if nintendo gets original, that might only mean 1 similar move. And charizard is only related to Bowser in the fact that they breathe fire, and even that relation is too loose to call clone. Just because they have something similar doesnt mean theyre going to be the same. And Pokemon is one of Nintenndo's most popular (THE most popular in Japan, which is where most of nintendo is, isnt it?) and highest grossing franchises. They need more pokemon, not cute ones, but kick ***, cool ones. Blastoise being my favorite, id say him first, but ill settle for any final evo form, not these small little baby pokemon, or a low tier mewtwo.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
I'm more of a Ditto and Meowth fan. But there aren't any characters using Water yet. (Unless you get into detail about Ice Climbers) I was never a fan of Charizard, but I guess thats because I used Venasaur and my whole school used Charizard.

I like Blastoise, but I can't see him being in Brawl yet, even if the water element is neat. I like Venasaur a whole lot, but he was never as popular as the other two. He has vines, leaves, powders, drains, and beams but no one seems to give him any thought.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
I love Pokemon, and I still think Blastoise and Charizard are bad choices. They're big, bulky, and old. Read the moveset that the topic starter made for Blastoise. It's Bowser with a DK move. Seriously, another slow-moving turtle? Pass.

I say keep them in Pokeballs (still). Pokemon like Deoxys need to be playable (more humanshape + not huge + third gen Pokemon + Mewtwo equivilent + awesome + popular = win, in chances of getting in), not another giant turtle or generic fire-breathing dragon, especially if Ridley makes it.

Luigi-Mario

Smash Cadet
asianpride3491 said:
Im tired of Pokemon haters saying they would just be two halves of Bowser. I see that Blastoise has a shell, so the may be similar to bowser, but if nintendo gets original, that might only mean 1 similar move. And charizard is only related to Bowser in the fact that they breathe fire, and even that relation is too loose to call clone. Just because they have something similar doesnt mean theyre going to be the same. And Pokemon is one of Nintenndo's most popular (THE most popular in Japan, which is where most of nintendo is, isnt it?) and highest grossing franchises. They need more pokemon, not cute ones, but kick ***, cool ones. Blastoise being my favorite, id say him first, but ill settle for any final evo form, not these small little baby pokemon, or a low tier mewtwo.
My thoughts Exactly. :)

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Kokichi said:
IMO there's already Blastoise and Charizard in the game...I can't think of anyone else but Bowser that you'd get when you cross the two. A giant draconian turtle that breathes fire? Yeah, I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

they are in the game but they are not selectable characters

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
They should be playable though, they deserve it much more than many of these other characters floating around. And to count, theyve been in about >10 games, and in at least 8 of them they are very crucial/relevant, and on two they are the cartridge representatives.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
asianpride3491 said:
They should be playable though, they deserve it much more than many of these other characters floating around. And to count, theyve been in about >10 games, and in at least 8 of them they are very crucial/relevant, and on two they are the cartridge representatives.
If they put blastois in it could have the same feel as bowser.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Could, but im saying Nintendo should not make it that way. and McCloud, i agree with you 100%, Blastoise is better than Charizard any day, but if Blastoise makes it in, more likely than not Charizard, the more popular and overated character, will also too.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
JmcShocker16 said:
they are in the game but they are not selectable characters
Thank you Mr. Obvious :dizzy:

And to asianpride guy, I hope you weren't insinuating that I was one of those "pokemon haters", because I definitely am not. I was only saying in a humorous way that Blastoise + Charizard = Bowser.

However, I do believe that Blastoise and Charizard would be poor choices of pokemon to add to SSBB as playable characters not pokeball pokemon. For one, it's much nicer to see all three (B/C/Venusaur) as pokeball pokemon instead of one being playable and the rest coming from pokemon. Secondly, I feel that a slow moving pokemon like Blastoise wouldn't accurately represent his pokemon constituents. Same with Charizard - while cool, I don't think it'd be the best choice of a pokemon to fight with. Granted, I didn't think Mewtwo would make the cut either, but we'll see how he changes in SSBB (hopefully for the greater good - he's just too cool to be so weak).

I also hope that popular choices like Hitmonchan / Hitmonlee / Blaziken don't get chosen, because I personally feel that it's more fun to have pokemon who aren't anthropomorphic. Personally I'd like to see my favorite pokemon in there (Farfetch'd), but I highly doubt that'll happen :p While unfortunately I can't come up with a good example of a pokemon I would like to see in the game that is also practical, I think you get the gist of what I'm saying.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Kokichi said:
Thank you Mr. Obvious :dizzy:

And to asianpride guy, I hope you weren't insinuating that I was one of those "pokemon haters", because I definitely am not. I was only saying in a humorous way that Blastoise + Charizard = Bowser.

However, I do believe that Blastoise and Charizard would be poor choices of pokemon to add to SSBB as playable characters not pokeball pokemon. For one, it's much nicer to see all three (B/C/Venusaur) as pokeball pokemon instead of one being playable and the rest coming from pokemon. Secondly, I feel that a slow moving pokemon like Blastoise wouldn't accurately represent his pokemon constituents. Same with Charizard - while cool, I don't think it'd be the best choice of a pokemon to fight with. Granted, I didn't think Mewtwo would make the cut either, but we'll see how he changes in SSBB (hopefully for the greater good - he's just too cool to be so weak).

I also hope that popular choices like Hitmonchan / Hitmonlee / Blaziken don't get chosen, because I personally feel that it's more fun to have pokemon who aren't anthropomorphic. Personally I'd like to see my favorite pokemon in there (Farfetch'd), but I highly doubt that'll happen :p While unfortunately I can't come up with a good example of a pokemon I would like to see in the game that is also practical, I think you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Dont try to make me look stupid. Someone said that they are already in the game. So thats why i said that!

Tanea

Smash Ace
I have to agree what about there per-evolutionayr stages that have more human characteristics and what would the special moves be

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Instead of Blastoise & Charizard, I would add Warturtle & Charmelon only because they possess more manuverability and awesome agility. Of course, there chances are very slim thanks to some 3rd & 4th generation PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom