• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs Falcon

UNDlSPUT3D

Smash Journeyman
In case you haven't noticed this match isn't as OWNAGE towards falcon as most of you may think. Even if Falcon has platform issues his upair can beat out a down smash. If the falcon plays corrected he can avoid almost any of Peaches arsenals. If experienced difficulties getting hits on falcon as he has such a great "hit and run" tactic. Also, in most cases where you can crouch cancel neutrals, so that you can downsmash before they can l-cancel, falcon's sex kick sends you too far back for you to crouch cancel into a d-smash if he keep the right distance. And even if he is too close he can interrupt the start up of a Downsmash with a L-cancel to jab, also creating difficulties sheild grabbing. A good method of getting in to attack falcon i've noticed is a double-jump cancel into back air-lcancel-jump forward-second jump back- back air- l cancel- and repeat. It's annoying that falcon is so fast that he can knock you out of a float, so I tend to not float cancel as much in this match. What I have been discovering though, is UP-air priority with also lead into grabs. Even neutrals are hard to perform on captain, so I guess you just have to keep a more solid agression on this matchup. Like I said this match up is harder than what people make it out to be.(I almost never get the oppurtunity to pull a turnip out). Another problem is falcon's almost UN-DI'able combos. I know that people say that you can DI away from his Downthrow and Neutral air be even then you'll just eat a weaker knee-into an up-air...I guess I'm just looking for tactics on this match up. Suggestions anyone?

smashfighter

Smash Journeyman
you must play against one INCREDIBLY AMAZING falcon if he can beat your peach, who is a TOTAL counter character, falcon loses so badly he is lucky to get a hit. And wtf you never get a turnip out? that's unbelievable somebody could be on you that much

stilettotrap

Smash Ace
-_-; Peach can still shut down Falcon's entire approach game with about three moves. Obviously, Falcon can still goad Peach into whiffing something and punish the lag and whatnot, but I think the the fact that he's forced to play around all of Peach's attacks is a pretty good indication that the match-up is still heavily tipped in Peach's favor.

As Sean said, there is no way that someone can be aggressive enough to not give you time to pull turnips without also being incredibly predictable. If that happens, just watch his movements... down smash or dash attack or nair can go through pretty much every fast move in Falcon's arsenal. If you're smart about it, the worst case scenario is that you end up trading hits. The only particularly strong, fast attack that Falcon can really use while approaching is the knee, and dsmash/nair/dash attack should always be able to go through that.

Eh, yeah, and use the turnips. I should think that you'd know enough about Peach to know basic turnip setups.

Have fun.

Turnip

Smash Rookie
You must suck as Peach if you can't beat Capn. Peach isn't the character for you. Pick another character.

:crazy: (Gotta love these)

smashfighter

Smash Journeyman
Okay i'll be serious

The problem is, Falcon has more range than peach, and people that out range peach give her the most problems (see: marth) Falcon out ranges her with his sex kick, if you space this move right it will beat out her attacks. Peach has some moves that can tie with hit or maybe beat it (I think the dash attack does) but the problem is falcon can attack so fast from half the distance of FD.

Stilleto: From what it looks like, u have yet to learn the ownage of his sex kicks. It's his best approach, and it's very hard to punish. And if one lands, he can go in to some stupid combo that does like 60%. Then from there it's down throw in to knee, GGPO.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sure, dashing in with SHFFL'd nairs is one of Falcon's best approaches against Peach, she still has plenty of way to mess him up. Spaced slaps, CC, ground float-uair, or a well timed turnip all do a good job of making Falcon's nairs unabusable.

There's also fsmash, Up+B and Toad for the more predictable attempts...

Suretman

Smash Journeyman
I suggest you watch darkrain vs peaches. He really knows how to fight Peaches with Falcon, he 3 stocked Vidjo on FD, although he lost on dreamland and went on to lose the set when Vidjo picked Pika, nevertheless very impressive.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Peach is better than Falcon if we rely on the tierlist... but we don't. Anyway, you cannot compare how good certain Falcons are compared to certain Peaches. Maybe those Peaches suck or are just not as good as the Falcon.

A good Peach can beat Falcon any day. It's just that it's EASIER to play as Falcon as Peach, being the great-priority character that she is, is slow. Therefore, timing is essential to all of her moves, except possibly the downsmash and upsmash. Other characters, like Sheik and Falcon, can just shorthop and fair/up+b anytime. Peach cannot do that unless she's doing it backwards, and still, there's a lag.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I'm a little bored right now...

Ok so the information here is a little outdated. *Looks at '04 posts*

CF has some BS he can do to peach. A grab at 0 means a dthrow chain till about 20 (assuming you DI away), then an uthrow into a couple of uairs (across the stage). All in all about 60%. Assuming you DI towards on the uthrow, you then eat a nair combo which does who knows how much % and goes for until the stage runs out.

Basically if CF grabs you, you're pretty lucky to get out before 60%. Considering peach dies at 120 latest from the knee, that's half your stock from one grab.

Above that, nair/uair combos get easier which almost always end in knee, and peach (and everyone else) die really fast from that move. However Peach is probably 2nd best at surviving the knee-after samus.
------------------
However, peach can combo CF back. Tilts, uairs, and dash attacks into fairs are great and a lot of fun. Dsmash is a great weapon (as usual), and does a great job beating a lot of his approaches. If you do CG, you can start around 30-35ish and go till about 80.

As counters, dash attack, downsmash, umbrella, and fsmash (too a lesser extent usmash and ftilt) are all spectacular for beating his approaches. Utilt might work too, but I haven't tried it.

Jumping gets you owned in this match, because he can pretty easily intercept you out of the air with a nair, then grab you-> 60% to you.

Generally DIing away from dthrow allows you to get a nair in before/while getting kneed at higher percents. if you're gonna die, might as well do it with a trade. DIing away from combos is typically the best to do as well (because you get to the other side of the stage faster), until you get right to the edge. Sometimes changing your DI from away into up and towards when hit by the last uair can save you from a knee. Don't get caught DIing away when he goes for the knee.

Smash DIing and Cstick DIing (down/away/towards--i think it's down) can get you out of nair combos, from what I understand. Definitely good to try/learn.
------------------
Overall this matchup is very even, where Peach used to own CF, it's now (IMO) one of the most even matchups in the game. Both characters get to own each other a lot.

~Roy is Top Tier

Echo

Smash Champion
captain falcon has come quite a ways from when people thought certain characters could **** him. I would agree with it being even - they **** on eachother too badly.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
uthrow to knee shouldn't work against peach, you should be able to nair first assuming you DI away...

dthrow to knee is not quite a combo; but there is very little to nothing you can do about it. Regardless of DI he can get a knee up to like 140% or so. The good news is you can nair to trade with it. If the CF is just a little slow, he'll get beat and miss you.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol at how old this thread is but since its being brought up i have trouble DI'ing from Captain Falcons throw because i dont have that much info about how to DI with Falcon so can anyone help

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Wow, the whole thread hes talked about DI and there are still questions about it? Basically when hes attempting to combo, u DI away and down, if u cant do both, just down. Make sure u dont do it whens hes about to knee. If you get grabbed as has been said b4, best DI is usually away or down or both again, but a good falcon can combo the crap out of you no matter how you DI. For most people you DI the same way against their throws, the few ones that make a difference are like luigis up throw. If a fox up throws you and tries to u-air, there is no need to ask that you should DI up and away, to maximize the time u have to get out of the grab. Its common sense for most people's throws. I have basically just summarized everything exarch said and added some, for those of you who cant read. LISTEN TO EXARCH!!!! He knows what hes doing XP

Peace

Me14k

Smash Lord
If a fox up throws you and tries to u-air, there is no need to ask that you should DI up and away,
fox's uair is pretty easy to smash DI. after you get uthrow, just move the control stick left/right as fast as you can. I smash DI fox's uair about 30% of the time when I do this, this is much better then DIing up and away, the fox can still get you if they pay attention.

now the falcon part:
having a set DI planned for a situation isnt foolproof. you need to read and predict your opponent and DI accordingly.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I hate fighting Peach with Captain Falcon. All of Peach's moves go through all of Falcon's moves. If I even mess up spacing a tiny bit, that danged D-smash hits me from 2 character lengths away and sends me off stage backwards at a low angle. Screw Peach.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
lol, poor guy. All in all....yeah, perhaps that person just wasn't used to fighting CF. That's usually the case. I've fought a CF before, but the CF I fought wasn't a combo person. So when I actually played a combo CF....well It was more of a hit-or-miss thing. Now that I've learned from my mistakes I'll be alright. Still, I lack the experience that I need. That's the reason Peach can lose to CF....lack of experience.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i know this is 'supposed' to be an even match, but i hate it. Falcon combos peach way too easily, so for this match up i prefer to use sheik (maybe even zelda)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Don't start character match-up arguments. If 2 GOOD players of equal skill have that match-up, and one of them isnt like specialized in that match-up, it will be even. By specialized i mean that peach is the person's main, but falcon player is only using falcon as his specific peach counter. This thread needs more reading, which is a good thing btw.

Top Bottom