• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rise of The Phoenix Results (Ann Arbor, MI) 7/5/2014

Xatic

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles
http://challonge.com/rotpbrawl
1. PSG Ally :metaknight: :snake:
2. LoF Zinoto :diddy:
3. LOE1 :warioc:
4. PSG RNG Lord Stewart :wario: :popo: :dedede:
5. PSG SK :metaknight:
5. Ralph Cecil :snake:
7. Nom :falco:
7. PzO :metaknight:
9. Mr C
9. Needles to Say :sheik:
9. PSG Xatic :marth: :wario:
9. Rog :metaknight:
13. 1der
13. SuperSpartan

Brawl Doubles
http://challonge.com/rotpbrawldubs
1. PSG Ally + PSG SK :wario:/:metaknight:
2. LOE1 + LoF Zinoto :wario:/:diddy:
3. Lain + Anther :metaknight:/:pikachu2:
4. Stewy (Nom) + Ralph Cecil :metaknight:/:snake:
5. SneakyTako + Rizner :rob:/:kirby2:
5. PSG Xatic + Needles to Say :zelda:/:sheik:

Project M Doubles (correct me if this is wrong)
http://challonge.com/rotppmdubs
1. Anther + Lain :pikachu2:/:fox: :falco: :marth:
2. Super + Lordy :sonic:/:ike:
3. PSG Ally + PSG Xatic :ike:/:metaknight: :diddy: :wolf:
4. Angry + JZ :peach:/:ivysaur:
5. Nom + PSG IC :ivysaur:/:zerosuitsamus:
5. Sneakytako + Rizner :metaknight: :wario:/:zelda:
7. Jawsome + PSG BoozeBaron (Tech Chase) :squirtle:/:sheik: :zelda:
7. LOE1 + LoF Zinoto :wario:/:mario2:
9. L_Cancel + Misa :mario2:/:zerosuitsamus:
9. Ralph Cecil + PSG Stewy :fox:/:rob:
9. Thug + TeslaCoil :squirtle:??/:toonlink:
9. Needles to Say + PzO :sheilda:/:ike:
13. Free Velocity + Napkin:roypm:/:sheik:

Project M Top 16
http://challonge.com/rotppmsinglebrac
1. PSG Ally :ike:
2. Anther :pikachu2:
3. LOE1 :warioc:
4. 1der :mario2::falcon:
5. Lain :fox::falco::marth:
5. LoF Zinoto :mario2:
7. JZ :ivysaur:
7. Sneakytako :metaknight::wario:
9. Needles to Say :sheilda:
9. Nom :ivysaur:
9. Rizner :zelda:
9. Super :sonic:
13. Lordy :ike:
13. PSG Stewy :rob:
13. Ralph Cecil :fox:
13. Village Mascot :link2:

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Got bodied. Need to practice. Shoutout to LOE1 for taking it slow enough to learn the matchup. I feel confident the next time we meet it'll be closer.

Anyway, I seem to have misplaced my controller. It's a black top with a clear bottom, and there's a weakness on the left grip.

Last edited:

Napkin

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to Five Guys for being amazing
Shoutouts to Freevelocity for teaming with me
Shoutouts to Nom for being free
Shoutout to Alex for paying for food
Shoutouts to Phil and Zach for sleeping the whole time
Shoutouts to only losing to 4th and 5th place, yet not making it out of pools

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The Brawl Challonge isn't completed lol. Sounds like this event was fun, watched as much as I could on stream while in Indianapolis.

LOE1

Smash Lord
Damn, idk what happened to me and zinoto in pm doubles lol. Damn we're free.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Shoutouts
1. PSG Ally :ike:- GGs in doubles, you were def scary as hell. MM MK dittos sometime?
2. Anther :pikachu2:- It was great seeing you again, you always blow my mind every time I see that Pika.
3. LOE1 :warioc: - MM game 2 is happening next time
4. 1der :mario2::falcon:- Soooo salt. You played like poop last time, I played like poop this time. We'll see who wins set 3.
5. Lain :fox::falco::marth:- Great seeing you, as always. I think you should play this game more, you seem uncomfortable in a lot of MUs.
5. LoF Zinoto :mario2:- I'm sad I didn't get to play you. Did you drop diddy?
7. JZ :ivysaur:- SOOOOOOO salt on the bracket match. But I guess I won the MM. I'll get you next time
7. Sneakytako :metaknight::wario: - Stop being bad.
9. Needles to Say :sheilda: - Quit hatin. You're just as bad as melee kids bashing brawl.
9. Nom :ivysaur:- Didn't get to play you, MM next time?
9. Rizner :zelda:- I'm sorrrrrrry. You carried me in doubles though.
9. Super :sonic: - GGs, I destroyed my own spirit in the pools game. We'll see who wins next time.
13. Lordy :ike: - GGs in doubles, you def did some work.
13. PSG Stewy :rob: - Didn't get to play you, you escaped our pool lol.
13. Ralph Cecil :fox:- Ugh I played so poorly against foxes. I think you should pick up a new char, fox doesn't suit you.
13. Village Mascot :link2:- We should have done way better, it sucks you didn't get to play doubles.

Xatic/Tech Chase - Thanks for hosting this tournament. You guys need to be a little less self conscious and a little more lax. We're the Midwest; you know everyone is chill as ****. Small mistakes can happen, you guys seemed way too stressed over nothing.

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Fun event. Top 2 cutoff was a bit disappointing - but oh well. I enjoyed playing in both dubs events - even though I only actually entered one. rofl. It was good that me & Ralph were able to work pretty well together despite no practice at all.
I think I've improved a lot since my last tournament. Good games to everyone I played. Few shoutouts~

1der - The game 3 last stock nerves definitely got to me. This is a really hard matchup but this was significant improvement over the last time I played it (3stocked by Lordy or something like that). I hope we can play more in the future.
Lain - Someday I'll take you down. I just need to learn to better deal with spacies - especially uair SDI.
IC - thanks for sponsoring my PM dubs entry. I hope it was worth it :)
Sneakytako - I'm totally down for a MM. We should have met in bracket.
Village Mascot - I thought I knew Link. I was wrong. You definitely had a different playstyle than any other Link I've faced and it was really interesting/fun to play.
Zinoto - It seems like I'm getting better every time we fight. I hope we get to play more often.

Shoutouts to OH, KY, AND West MI for coming out
Shoutouts to Tutu for handing game 1 to me vs Zinoto.
Shoutouts to bad matchups.

9. Needles to Say :sheilda: - Quit hatin. You're just as bad as melee kids bashing brawl.

Whats the problem? P:M is just a game for people who like melee, but don't want to play against people who are good at melee. l00000000l

Last edited:

Rizner

Smash Ace
Hey all, good games to everyone I played. Was a fun time hanging out there and playing some PM.
Just a heads up -- spoke with Xatic about posting some of the videos and he was cool about it. If anyone has a match they want uploaded, let me know. I can do that and send a link to the location.

0. Xatic -- Thanks for hosting and letting me upload them videos. I definitely enjoyed the tournament and will be looking at the possibilities to attend another in the future.

1. PSG Ally :ike: -- good games in doubles. I think we need to take more stocks off of your team next time.
2. Anther :pikachu2:-- good seein you around and good game in singles. Always a good time.
3. LOE1 :warioc: -- lol gg in doubles and in the money match. I'll win it back next time, but for now you have revenge for doubles. Mario Party mm sometime?
4. 1der :mario2::falcon:-- Hey, cool seeing you. We should actually play next time, lol
5. Lain :fox::falco::marth:-- good games in pools. Next time I won't be bad and lose to Tako in bracket so you can get a chance for revenge, lol
5. LoF Zinoto :mario2:-- I think I played against your team in Brawl Dubs. It didn't go well. Bah. I'm bad at brawl now, lol. gg
7. JZ :ivysaur:-- I played one Ivysaur, and I think it was you? If so, good games.
7. Sneakytako :metaknight::wario:-- da worst
9. Needles to Say :sheilda: -- I'm not sure if we played at all. Hmmmmm.
9. Nom :ivysaur:-- I played one Ivysaur, but I don't think it was you? If it was, good games. If not... uhhh, hi.
9. Rizner :zelda: --
9. Super :sonic: -- good games in doubles. I feel like I see you at tournaments semi-regularly and you've always stepped up your game. Good to see that hasn't stopped.
13. Lordy :ike:-- Similarly, good games in doubles. I feel like I see you at tournaments semi-regularly and you've always stepped up your game. Good to see that hasn't stopped.
13. PSG Stewy :rob: -- gg in brawl doubles. We should have played some PM.
13. Ralph Cecil :fox: -- similarly, gg in brawl doubles. We should have played some PM.
13. Village Mascot :link2: -- stopit

For everyone else who I played, good games. Like I said before, it was a fun time. If I don't make it up there again before big house, I'll see you all there.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
1. PSG Ally :metaknight::snake: - GGs in P:M. It was about as rough as I thought it would be lmao. Was hoping I would run into you in Brawl singles/dubs, but maybe next time lol.
2. LoF Zinoto :diddy: - GGs in P:M and Brawl singles. I had a feeling that rogue C4 was about to go off game 3, but I just took an unnecessary risk. T_T Also thanks a whole lot for the advice and friendlies. ^_^
3. LOE1 :warioc: - Thanks for the friendlies lol. Pretty sure that was the first time we've played anything against eachother in a 1v1 format. :p
4. PSG RNG Lord Stewart :wario::popo::dedede: - Thanks for the housing, picking me up from the bus stop, and teaming with me. :D I goofed a bit in sets I think we could've taken. T_T
5. PSG SK :metaknight: - Those Snake dittos tho lmaoooo. Was way too fun. Also GGs in bracket. Hope I can avoid a 3 stock next time we play. T_T
5. Ralph Cecil :snake: - Get butter!
7. Nom :falco: - Thanks for the last second teaming stuff. :D You made Falco look like a beast in doubles lmao.
7. PzO :metaknight: - Were you the MK I played? :o If so that explains why I was getting bodied so hard lmao. I think I got way too lucky with nade trades. D: GGs though. :D
9. PSG Xatic :marth::wario: - Really hate how I won vs you. T_T Pretty sure you would've had game 2 and possibly the set if it wasn't for that wonky fully charged waft SD. D: GGs
9. Rog :metaknight: - Were you the MK at Stewy's? If so GGs in those friendlies. :D Really good MK and I saw you figuring me out when we played. D:

Sneaky - Yeh I don't really like the way he plays, but I don't really plan on practicing P:M and so far he's been the character i've been able to cheese people with the most loool. GGs in every event you entered lmao.

Peach - Plz :cry:

The Sheik I played R1 - I don't remember exactly what it was, but I just remember getting super lucky against you game 1 and then just getting bodied game 2. D: GGs it was fun. ^_^

Sry if I missed anyone.

Last edited:

Village Mascot

Smash Rookie
Hey look, shout outs.

1. PSG Ally :ike:: Didn't get to play you, congrats on first. MM sometime?
2. Anther :pikachu2:: Congrats on second, sir. And of course good work with your Netplay site, I've been trying to get some more people to get on that. :p
3. LOE1 :warioc:: Didn't get to play you, but congrats on third, seem like a cool guy. You and Tako need to finish your MM.
4. 1der :mario2::falcon: : Good meeting you, man. Maybe next time we'll get to play doubles together. Everyone was too afraid of our team, clearly.
5. Lain :fox::falco::marth:: Nice meeting ya, too bad we never got to play. We'll have to play some friendlies next time. Also: don't lose to Rizner.
7. JZ :ivysaur:: I think we played in friendlies for a while, I was playing Wolf against you. Good stuff. Friendlies / MM sometime, be good to get Ivy practice.
7. Sneakytako :metaknight::wario:: You're right, I think we could have done better. Congrats on 7th, though.
9. Nom :ivysaur:: Our set was super close (at least after my awful first game, haha). Good games, man. We should play some friendlies for a while if I see ya again. Need that Ivy practice :p
9. Rizner :zelda:: 1v1 snipers 360 no scopes only.
Thanks for driving, and congrats on getting further than me finally. :p
9. Super :sonic:: Again, another super close set (like Nom). Good games, I learned too late some stupid things I was doing, hah. Next time I see ya around we'll have to play for a while.
13. Lordy :ike:: Good games in pools, sorry to see you only made it as far as me in the bracket, ha.
13. Village Mascot :link2:: Dammit.

IC: Good games in pools. I'm sure I'll see ya again sometime.

Good games to everyone I played in friendlies.

As an aside, I'm not exactly outgoing, but I would like to try to get into the habit of MM'ing people. I'm just not great at approaching others and asking, so that's something I'll try to get over. If you see me just sitting around / wandering, ask me to either just play friendlies or MM, assuming there is an open setup, of course. A few people did ask me to play friendlies for a while, so that was fun.

Tech Chase / Xatic, thanks for hosting the event. Hopefully Tech (I think it was him that I talked to, just awful with names) doesn't feel too bad about the doubles incident. I could have been more active in checking to make sure that we were definitely entered as a team, guess it just didn't cross my mind. Sorry if I came off as a jerk afterwards for a while, that's on me. No hard feelings, I hope.
It was probably because everyone was afraid of 1der + Mascot.

I think Tech said something to me as we were leaving the venue, I didn't really hear what he said so... kinda just looked confused and walked away, haha.

Anyway, it was a fun event, and I'm sure we'll come up for another one sometime soonish. Definitely see you guys for Big House.

Top Bottom