• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 29, 2014] Summer Jam 8 - Hosted by Big E and CT - Melee/PM/PKMN/More (Philadelphia, PA)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

SUMMER JAM 8

PHILADELPHIA IS BACK

Want to close out the summer with an amazing event? Summer Jam is where it's at! Hosted in coordination between Big E Gaming and CLASH Tournaments, this is action for Melee, Project M, Pokemon X & Y, and your usual FGC suspects. Oh, it's also my (Chibo) birthday at this event, so come on down and make it an amazing time!

Want more hype? Pokemon X & Y has a $250 POT BONUS - Show the hype for Smash and lets get one for that as well!

Big E is one of the largest tournament organizers in FGC history with stellar events, and there's no better way to bring the Smash action to you than by CLASH Tournaments. We'll have staff there to TO and Stream the events live!

Date and Schedule

August 29th - 31st
Exact schedule coming soon!

Venue

Holiday Inn Stadium
900 Packer Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148

FREE PARKING!!

The venue is easily accessible from 76 and I-95, very easy to get to when traveling from Philadelphia, south from MDVA, or north from NY. There is also nearby Septa subway stops for the locals.

Events

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Project M
Pokemon X & Y
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Ultra Street Fighter IV
BB: CP
P4A
GG AC+R
Injustice
Killer Instinct
TTT2 (Free Entry)
SC5 (Free Entry)
KoF13
DOA5U (Free Entry)
Street Fighter X Tekken
Skullgirls
Super Turbo
AH3LM
Gears of War 3

Enough events? So much to do!

Time permitting we'll do teams tournaments for Smash at the venue

Price

Current online registration is a $35 venue, at the door is $50.
Tournaments are $10 per game except those marked as free.

Registration

Register online at the following link: http://bigegaming.com/pre-registration/

Hotel Deal

They will sale out fast.

Call: 1800-Holiday
Group Code: ERI
The following is the reservation link/online:
Summer Jam:
http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en&region
Remember they will not charge your card just to book your room.
THEY WILL NOT CHARGE YOUR CARD.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/789471851081331/

Last edited:

PKSparkxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKSparkxx
3DS FC
1118-0400-3549
I'm IN. Been dying to get into Smash this Summer, and this is perfect. Project M, here I cooome!

PKSparkxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKSparkxx
3DS FC
1118-0400-3549
I don't see Pokemon on the registration page. Control+F'd it, too. Is it a "Register on site" thing?

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
No Brawl eh? At least it's nearby. Hopefully I can finally go to this, and BTW, usually when people write PKMN, they mean pikmin. Lol I thought it was a pikmin tournament. Also, are there any general plans for the schedule concerning smash? I mean, what will happen on day 2? Will it be just top 32/16, or the entire second half of the tournament?

Last edited:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If people want Brawl at the event, we'll make it happen. I'll host a Twitter poll for it soon.

What else does everyone want to see here? Lets get this moving!

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I would really like to see Brawl here since I didn't get my fill of it this summer at S@T 3 (You would know, right?)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Will Melee have friendly setups available the whole weekend like at normal Smash tournaments, or is this more of FGC blended events where you're only really playing tournament sets? Is there a Smash-specific TO?

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Ok, you said you'd put up a twitter poll for brawl, but I can't find it!

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
What days exactly will Melee and Project M be hosted?

Also there is a different time for Friday as opposed to Saturday and Sunday when things start up correct?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Friday night is casuals for both games, tournament begins on Saturday. Singles pools/early rounds and Doubles on Saturday, Singles finals on Sunday. We're going to move forward and focus on Brawl at The Fall Classic in October.

Top Bottom