• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the House 2 Results

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
Melee Doubles (23 entrants)

1: Ye Olde School (Dr Drew & Bluezaft) ($138.00)
2: 420 Grandpa Yolo (Lunchables & Oracle) ($69.00)
3: Fireflower (Denti & Sethlon) ($23.00)
4: Fighting Mongooses (Mew & Moophobia)
5: Chad & Tadeo (Chad & Tadeo)
5: JF & GoldRook (JF & Goldrook)
7: Nevake & Albert (Nevake & Albert)
7: The Iron Butt (Thin Mint & Awestin)
9: DremTem (Flemon & JUMP)
9: Jamaica (Bananasaurus & Changsta)
9: Triple Double Single (WaterlessFishie & Thoraxe)
9: Disafter & Jagged Cole (Disafter & Jagged Cole)
13: The Screaming Lions (Wilson Farris & Mervis)
13: Style or Die (Grey & Bubbles)
13: Pen15 Envy (LK & Enso)
13: Tuna with Bacon (Aliami & Scotch)
17: Dizzkill (Dizzy & Cod3Kill)
17: #crabtwerk (Z & Bunz)
17: 8bit (Andrew Pitzer & Kain)
17: Sloth Nation (Noop & Suxr)
17: Chobani (CoCo! & Timestop)
17: W2IAM (Josh Ramirez & Clintell Cotton)
17: GG (Gallaghost & Goyo)

Melee Singles (78 entrants)

1: JF ($528.00)
2: Albert ($264.00)
3: Mew ($88.00)
4: Sethlon
5: McBad
5: Disafter
7: Thoraxe
7: Dr Drew the Dragon
9: Nevake
9: Changsta
9: WaterlessFishie
9: Sizzle
13: CT | TLoc Denti
13: GoldRook
13: Chado
13: LK
17: Dizzy
17: Humbone
17: PTJon
17: Moophobia
17: Aliami & Mysti
17: Gentle Breeze
17: Tadeo
17: AbsoluteBlack
25: Lites
25: Zift
25: Ouki
25: Viiper
25: Quote
25: Rai

PM Doubles (31 entrants)

1: Raustin Dicknelius (Oracle & Awestin) ($186.00)
2: Fireflower (Sethlon & Denti) ($93.00)
3: AeroLunch (Lunchables & AeroLink) ($31.00)
4: Ye Olde School (Bluezaft & Dr Drew)
5: Zinks (Evan Blackman & Ethan Blackman)
5: Diddypocalypse (LUCK & Abstract Logic)
7: DizzKill (Cod3Kill & Dizzkill)
7: Nevake & Albert (Nevake & Albert)
9: Disturbia (Disafter & Bwett)
9: Team Spark & Shok (Shokio & Sparking Zero)
9: Chad & Tadeo (Chad & Tadeo)
9: Laser Beam (Lites & Kevin Wow)
13: Team Margaritaville (Youngblood & GoldRook)
13: Wet (Alessandro & Jspear)
13: Rich and Morty 100 Years Dot Com (Sea of Darkness & Robohobo)
13: Breakfast Club (2D Fighter & Writ)
17: Dream Team (Hobo & Bilby)
17: Ragnarok (Maui & Trol)
17: W2IAM (Andrew Murray & Josh Ramirez)
17: Corgi (Stef & G-Rabbit)
17: Bubble Butt (Mr. Bubbles & Chris)
17: Robust Steak Sauce (The Barron & Sirius Bill)
17: The Book Club (CoolGuy69 & Soup)
17: Visceral (Garret B. & Adam Banda)
25: Wasabi (Eric Lee & Sidharth Kapur)
25: Blue Dream Team (Pugly & Feltch Me Please)
25: FLowRide (Flow & Ride the Line)
25: WeinerBoys (Augs & Humbone)
25: Tuna with Bacon (Aliami & Scotch)
25: Sloth Nation (Noop & Suxr)
25: CoCo! & Timestop (Chobani)

PM Singles (93 entrants)

1: Sethlon ($566.50)
2: Oracle ($275.50)
3: McBad ($103.00)
4: CT|TLoc Denti ($51.50)
5: UTD Zac ($25.75)
5: Lunchables ($25.75)
7: Luck
7: AeroLink
9: AbstractLogic
9: Problem0
9: TheNotSoShyGuy
9: Albert
13: Bwett
13: Shokio
13: Calm-Animal
13: Dr Drew
17: EP the Salt King
17: Axiom
17: Blink
17: J'spear
17: Nevake
17: Disafter
17: Magmios
17: LK
25: TROL
25: Youngblood
25: SparkingZero
25: Sea of Darkness
25: Kevin Wow
25: G-Rabbit
25: Dizzy
33: Ampersand
33: Ethan Blackman
33: Augs
33: Ride The Line

JuMP

Smash Rookie
Had a good time, excited about Drem Tem's 9th place finish! We're getting there haha

Shame I had a pretty stacked pool (johns)

Shout outs to Sizzle, Tadeo, Monk, and WaterlessFishie though for a challenging pool.

Good luck in Korea Sizzle, and thanks for all the friendlies and advice!
(I'm the Falcon main you beat in pools)

PTJon

Smash Cadet
This was an amazing tournament at the nicest venue ever. Huge shout outs to Cory and Carlos for being awesome TOs, I really hope this turned good enough of a profit to convince the restaurant to have this again. I feel like I'm improving, and I'm definitely excited for the future!

I'm planning on uploading the Melee to the TexasMelee Youtube channel sometime within this week. If you want any of the recorded footage for yourself please message me and I'll send the video file to you.

Shoutouts:

JF: Congrats on the win dude, you were going crazy in Winners and Grand Finals. Thanks for all the friendlies as well, I definitely could use more high level space practice.

Sethlon: GGs in bracket and pools, I've never faced a Sheik as good as yours. I got so close to taking that first game in bracket (granted you did SD), if I had I would've had no regrets with this tournament. I hope we get to face eachother again!

Gabe: GGs in the money match game, I'm sorry you weren't playing as well than you were wanting this tournament. I feel like my win second match of our mm was pretty fraudulent, I hope we get to do another one sometime soon.

McBad: GGs in bracket, I got a lot more Puff experience this tournament but I still obviously have a long way to go.

Connor: It was fun hanging out with you and Cole & GGs in our money match, heres to many more in the future!

Tadeo: You need to get Ouki/Jordan to practice more dude, he could be a serious threat in the future if he wanted to! Thanks for all the friendlies

Cole: GGs in the money match, its a crime you didn't make it out of pools. Its always fun chilling with you dude

Zift: GGs in bracket man, that was a really great set. Didn't you say you had only been playing for a couple months at MBP? If so then thats really awesome, you're definitely on the track to becoming really good!

Can't wait until King of the House 3!

Edit: Forgot a couple people

Last edited:

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I happy with my performance. I may have gotten bopped my Lunchables TWICE (Pools and Bracket), but I had a good time. I gotta try to figure out my roadblocks though. There has to be something that is preventing me from getting better. It will just take a little bit to figure it out. Good Games to everyone I played, I hope I can play you all again in the future.

Edit: Since shoutouts are apparently a thing, I might as well do some as well.

Lunchables: Screw you. Just kidding. I had a sneaky feeling that you and I were going to be in the same pool. We both got 1st and 2nd respectively. DBDI REPRISENT! I just hope I have more skill the next time our paths cross. I'll take a game off you eventually.
KevinWow: I'm sorry I had to face you 3 times in the tournament. Those sets were fun, and I hope we can have some more rematches.
Disafter: I respect your Ganondorf a lot. That spacing against my Mewtwo was impeccable. I didn't even know you were #10 in the PR until Luck told me. I really, really hope we can fight again, that was a really fun set. I also apologize to Bwett for forgetting who he was lol.
Blank/Lips/Thomas: It was nice seeing you three again. I remember at PARG 2 you 3 were the first people my friend and I introduced ourselves to. Blank, I am proud of you. You have gotten so good since PARG, you just need to work on your Link matchup a tad more.
Blink: That Pit is something to respect man. I recently stopped thinking about picking up Pit as a secondary, but you have made me rethink about it. I may try Pit out. I hope to see you later on DBDI.
Pros (Aerolink, Oracle, Sethlon, etc.): I hope to join the ranks of you guys someday. My tourneys have gone pretty well so far, scoring 17th and two 9ths. Thanks for being an inspiration to me to keep on fighting and showing me that I still have a lot to learn before I can get up there.
Shokio: I finally know where I saw you from. I have seen you on YouTube a few times, and it was just bugging me that your name sounded so familiar. Now that I know, I hope that we see each other at more smashfests/tourneys. Those friendlies back at the Arcadian were great.

To everyone else I have met at the venue, it was incredible. My favorite tournament yet. Good Games to everyone I played, and I hope that I have rides to future tourneys. If not, gotta start begging for carpools. lol.

Last edited:

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
the second King of the House was better than the first! Larger amount of entrants, better organized and ran and more fun was had. I'm pleased to see growth and improvement in this nice venue, thanks to Cory and the T.O. team for taking notes and making improvements. My only complaint was the team bracket was poorly seeded: gabe and i playing tai and moophobia our first game, instead of at least quarters, was kind of upsetting, if you'd let Gabe and other experienced T.O.s help you seed the brackets, you can prevent whiny ******* like me complaining about unbalanced brackets in the future! i look forward to the next KotH, and its guaranteed success, thanks for holding these and constantly improving.

a few shout outs:
Cory: Money match me unless you're scared! thanks for holding this and trash talking me during a terrible crew battle, i will have my vengeance.
sethlon: good sheik gg
Disafter: slightly less good sheik, but smart play style, gg
Tai: i expect no less than 3rd from sensei taiki, good playing all day, you destroy in teams when you're on! congratulations man.
Albert: we should play next time
other albert: nice gannon, well played in teams
JF: Matt, i still don't know if i'm more scared of your falco or your jigglypuff, but gg's all day, and another congratulations on your winninng 1st! **** up austin tx next time you get the chance, ride the momentum train to victoryville
laser Kirby: sorry Ivan for the luigi bs, well played though
gg's: karen, quote, sethlon, bluezaft, and other friendly players that humored me with some gamez.
tadeo: thanks homie mayng for the bummed cigs and gum, BEST LUIGI TAUNT K.O. EVER, officially a luigi boss. it was fun watching u slip around, especially good set against sizzle, gg's
Richie: lylab <3
jordan: dude thanks for the pho, and hella impressive showing for playing for fun and drunk master smashing.
uhh austin micheal chris drew brian and the few others im forgetting to mention, you guys are the homies
Ptjon: Dude nice improvement, and seriously infinite thanks for the one recording setup, may your doc continue to excel, you and quote are the next up and comers.

i probably forgot a few guys that i met and chilled with but ya'll niqqas are good guys too, come out to next one for round 3 bitchez!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shoutouts in a bit
great tourney, I have a lot to say to a lot of people :)

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
13th place in my 2nd tournament ever. F*** yeah.

Shoutouts:

The Pho House staff. They were very friendly and accommodating. Especially Brittany. #TeamBrittany
The College Station Crew: Lites, Kevinw0w, Abstract Logic, G-Rabbit, Axiom, 2-D Fighter, Whit, Sparking Zero
Sethlon: For providing me a lot of tips the night before the tourney. It really helped.
Denti: For always giving you advice on how to beat him after he destroys you. Respect.
Andrew: For being a funny guy and keeping me entertained lol.
Youngblood: For maining Falcon in PM and for being a cool dude. Always gotta respect a Falcon player.
Josh: For those hilarious Ganon FFA's we did.
Problem0: That's the last time you're taking me out in tournament. But GGS man.

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Here are the videos that were recorded on my setup (TV 16). There are a few players I do not recognize from a few pools matches, they have been noted with a "???" for their name. Please feel free to leave a comment if you need me to correct anything regarding names or tags.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH2pxgOx7XCUuwMHNDz4xOkzfcjrL4SIx

Big shoutouts to the Pho House staff! Definitely the best staff that I've seen in terms of cooperating with TOs and supporting the community.

I'm proud of how the entire College Station crew did. We keep getting better.

Denti and Albert, great games in PM. I'm happy to take both of you to game 3 for now, but I will win next time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I probably could have done better, but I accomplished both of my goals: Don't get 2-0'd in Doubles and get out of pools. Yay! I think I'm really getting better as a person and I'm happy to say I never really got salty this time.

Shout Outs:
Pho House Staff:
Seriously, thanks for hosting this and tending to us. You guys have the best venue in all of Texas, if not the world. I'll definitely come here whenever I can - for food or for Smash.
Scotch: Don't get all down I beat you over and over man. I hate seeing you on the verge of tears. You're not getting worse and you should stop telling yourself that. You just need to practice more and focus on Falcon and extend your combos. Use more knee and more stomps, I personally hate those. PS, the House Rule when you stayed over was too strong! I seriously can't believe that I 4 stocked your Luigi! Thanks for signing that dollar lol.
Torin: Thanks for staying over and practicing! Work on your Toon Link and talk to Lunchables about him.
Everyone in California: Thanks for all the tips and stuff at Mayhem when I was down there during spring break! It really helped!
Myougi: Thanks for putting up with me in CA and giving me all that tech on Falcon. Also, thanks for all the netplay stuff too.
Oracle: Sorry I annoyed you and I'm sorry I was a bit childish around you. I'm getting better at life stuff. I hope I can commentate sometime in the future and give all the video/stream viewers all the hitbox knowledge I know.
Lunchables: I'm glad you liked the Meta2King stuff and I hope you realize not all of my jokes suck. I'm not much of a **** anymore.
Disafter: CALM DOWN. You're so damn fast and crazy precise. My Icies couldn't even touch you the first match, but at least I took one stock off you in a Fox ditto. That was weird.
Thoraxe: Good job destroying me in the bracket. You're crazy, dude.
WaterlessFishie: Thanks for being awesome in the bracket. Your Fox is pretty awesome and I think if I get better we should be sparing partners. PS, that last air dodge was unfortunate.
Awetsin: Sick matches dude. I loved that one match we did in teams, it was a lot of fun. PS, good luck avoiding those Mexican drivers. :ness2:
Thin Mint: Thanks for giving me support and stuff though pools and congratulating me. It helped my spirits a lot.
Gentle Breeze: Thanks for coming around. Sorry I was salty and poor-minded at the last DIME, and I'm glad we made up and joked about Meta2King for like an hour. :metaknight:
Sethlon: I hope you get a new wallet soon. I hear your current one is about to break.
Untamed Beast/Web: WHERE WERE YOU?
Mysti: Stop telling me to go Toon Link in PM teams. <3

(I may edit in more shoutouts later :diddy:)

Last edited by a moderator:

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
First of all, I have to give some seriously major shoutouts to the Phohouse wait staff. Absolute chaos the entire time and they were nothing but happy, helpful, and competent despite it. Major props to the kitchen for great food and Carlos and Cory and everyone else for running this pretty dang smoothly.

Personal shoutouts:

Sizzle, dang man. You just obliterated me this time, incredible play. Show Korea how Texas plays smash.
PTJon, always great playing with you and taking your money, and thanks as always for the recording setup. I hope we have tight sets far into the future.
Quote, your fox is starting to really scare me man, you're getting way to smart to go with that tech skill.
Humbone, only small mm's from now on, the $10 made it way too real. Love you man<3
Goldrook, major shoutout to our super hype set that wasn't actually supposed to happen and more importantly to that crew battle run! 6 incredibly hype stock, you're the man.
LK, shoutout to almost beating Gabe in that crew battle. Incredibly smart play there, I was crazy impressed.
JF, congrats on the win, take the momentum and run with it. You've definitely got what it takes to be top in Texas. Thanks for the friendlies, you're always super helpful.

Shoutout to literally everyone for an awesome tournament, easily the most fun day of smash I've had to date.

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts to my fingers, my controller, and my nervous system. Couldn't function in Smash Brothers without them.

@Aliami Armador, thanks once again for the free housing and ride. Trust me, I was being salty for an hour because it's a bad habit I need to get out of, especially if I want to become really good at this game. You'll rarely see me that flustered, I was just really tired and pissed that I kept losing money. I ended up taking a dollar anyways before I left :p

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Proud of my cstat brethren for a great showing in bracket.

If you guys are just starting to think cstat's a threat, you ain't seen nothin' yet. CnB's very own Chandy will be stomping through your local tourneys soon enough.

Make sure to check Fandango for showtimes beforehand, because you're going to want to reserve tickets for THE SUMMER OF CHANDY.

#CnBgaming #BestSupportDK #KingoftheJungle #PlatinumAge #FanFavorite #SponsorsInbound #HiddenBoss #Str8Rippin

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
Pretty damn happy with my placing and making it out as a 2 seed, even if my bracket matches didn't go so well (no sleep johns). So many close matches that I clutched out really gives me such a confidence boost, especially in high pressure situations. Feel like I broke through a mental block this tourney. So happy.

PhoHouse - Even better than last time. Staff was all friendly and the venue is just so damn classy. Heard about some awesome improvements coming next time straight from the owners mouth so I'm pumped. Will be back for moar.

Gentle Breeze - Good job self. I'm proud of you for staying calm under pressure and not giving up. MAKE BETTER CHOICES AGAINST PUFF AND FOR GOD SAKES DI THE UPTHROW. kthx.

@Scotch98' - Dude you are so ****ing funny. Seriously you crack me up so bad and I always have fun playing you. Please keep your head up and don't give up on this game. I see your Falcon do some crazy stuff and I know once you break past the mental block I just did, then you'll play way better and enjoy everything more and above all WIN!

@ Quot3 Quot3 - Your fox is so good and fun to play against. Can't believe I beat you in two sets, but they were both SO FUN AND CLOSE. Hope to meet you in tournament again and next time we'll get in some friendlies.

Ezra - That was the most intense set I've ever played in my entire life, I kid you not. Last hit last stock all 3 games. Sorry I had to ruin the fun and SD last stock on game 2, but I'm so happy I made up for it in games 1 and 3. Your Sheik is pretty damn good. Still wondering why I got hit by so many Dsmashes... Also, I swear I was out of it and resting my brain during our MM. $5 next time and I'll beat you like I did in pools (;

@Aliami Armador - Good chilling with you at the tourney. Glad things are chill with us now because honestly you're a cool guy. Glad you and Scotch enjoyed my Wilford Brimley joke. Also, I'll do that favor you asked tonight. Been swamped with school and haven't had any free time.

Karen - Glad we got to chill and talk a lot this tourney! Hopefully next time we can actually get more matches in. Also next time we shall do that one thing with the stuff you light on fire and inhale the fumes. I don't remember what that's called though.

Denti - Had fun playing you in pools! Glad I didn't get totally bodied. Very proud of my 3 stock comeback to ALMOST win a game against you with that 33% shine kill off the top of Yoshi's, but I know you're a great player and figured you would turn it up on me and finish it. Good to meet you though and hopefully we can play some more soon (I need moar jiggz practice).

@ Element of Smash Element of Smash Always good seeing you, my friend. Those were some fun friendlies we had! Keep working on those Marth fundamentals because I think you could get pretty dang good! Thanks for chilling with me and being an all-around cool dude.

Last edited:

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
Here are the videos that were recorded on my setup (TV 16). There are a few players I do not recognize from a few pools matches, they have been noted with a "???" for their name. Please feel free to leave a comment if you need me to correct anything regarding names or tags.
I'm the Zelda/Ganon against Whit, and later the Fox/Ganon against the Fox, who is apparently Nevake. Also, I am so salty I forgot to have my Olimar set recorded. That's probably the set I wanted to watch over and over from this weekend. Either way, thanks bunches for bringing one.

Viper I'm so glad you were there to prevent my fraudulent ass from making it into the bracket. Falco is hands down my worst match-up. I know what I'm supposed to do, kinda, but I'm really bad at doing it. You're also a really solid player from what I saw and completely deserved to make it out. I was rooting for ya against the Ice Climbers you played in bracket. Getting wobbled to end your night has to be the worst feeling.

Bubbles it should've been you man. Especially since I think you won the set that ended up not mattering that would've put you in LF for the pool anyway.

@bluezaft thanks for the friendlies/whooping in teams. I got asked by somebody if we were brothers, and I wish we were because I'd have a really great training partner in you, and from our small talk, you seemed really cool and interested.

@Chad and Tadeo (?) I think you had a great time bopping Rick and Morty. Your team chemistry was awesome, and I'm really glad Rick (Ben) and I got as many stocks off you as we could.

@Luck Sorry for holding up half of the pool for so long - probably caused you some unneeded stress.

@Whit Dude. Dude. Our sets were so hype. Your Yoshi was so cool and I'm really glad I got to play it twice. If it were up to me (and probably you too) we both would've made it out of bracket because we were so damn close. I'm not sure where you live during the summers, but if you come up for a DFW tournament sometime during the summer months, we should team up. And I'm really sorry for making you wait a solid hour - as soon as I was finally in a position to come and play you, I heard that my team had gotten a five-minute warning on doubles. And by the time that was over, I just wanted to get Loser's Final of my melee pool out of the way so I could devote 100% of my attention to my PM pool.

That CF Guy I played: Your play was so solid. I really think Olimar wins that matchup, so to learn it on the fly and beat me in game two as convincingly as you did really speaks to your skill level and potential. I really regret not getting your name.

@OW: D3 vs Ganon is probably my most favorite match-up in the game. Both of the characters can bop each other and as far as I have experience, the match-up is really even. I'm really glad we went to game 3.

@Problem2 I'm really glad I got to play someone of your caliber at least once during the day. I don't know what your opinion on your Fox is in comparison to your Link, but damn if it isn't good. For as many silly mistakes as I made with Ganon, I'm really glad I came even as close as legitimately getting you down to one stock.

@nevake And another Fox comes to end my night. Thanks for the good set. I'm really glad it got recorded so I can see not all the god-awful habits I have, but also how I can learn to be a better Fox from watching you in the set as well..

@ PTJon PTJon Viper was a Falco player, and Goldrook was, I believe, a Ganon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gentle Breeze - Good job self. I'm proud of you for staying calm under pressure and not giving up. MAKE BETTER CHOICES AGAINST PUFF AND FOR GOD SAKES DI THE UPTHROW. kthx.@Aliami Armador - Good chilling with you at the tourney. Glad things are chill with us now because honestly you're a cool guy. Glad you and Scotch enjoyed my Wilford Brimley joke. Also, I'll do that favor you asked tonight. Been swamped with school and haven't had any free time.
Thanks for chilling out with me man. You're pretty awesome. PS - Thanks for thinking i'm sort of a 'cool kid' (whatever that is)
ProTip: SDI Puff's Bair straight up. It's harder for the Puff to chain bairs that way. (Go watch Mango's match analysis of mew2king vs hbox at Evo)

RideTheLine

Smash Cadet
I'm the Zelda/Ganon against Whit, and later the Fox/Ganon against the Fox. Also, I am so salty I forgot to have my Olimar set recorded. That's probably the set I wanted to watch over and over from this weekend. Either way, thanks bunches for bringing one.
Hey, bro, I'm salty that you placed higher than me from a bye. I like to think that we sucked equally.

Hey, bro, munny match me.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts:
Scotch, Ampersand, LaserKirby: nice playing and talking to you guys again. I hope to catch you all whenever I come to another Dallas tourney!
Absolute Black: it was cool randomly meeting you the night before at UTD. Too bad y'all were already packing up when we got there haha.
Lites: good **** in doubles dude, 9th place isn't too shabby! Nice job in melee too
Team Bubble Butt: good stuff for y'all's first tourney. Hopefully you guys can come out to more in the future
Bwett and Disafter: GGs. That was a fun set lol
CoolGuy69 and Soup: cool seeing you again guy. You should probably start using the same tag though, because it's confusing and it messes up seeding hahaha.
Whit and 2D Fighter: good stuff pushing Tyler and me. Real fun, intense set.
Abstract Logic and Luck: that was just brutal; double diddy is so silly haha.
G-Rabbit: you are an absolute life saver - first getting Josh and me out of that pool, and then helping me a bunch with the kirby matchup. Thanks again.
Sizzle, Stef: GGs in pools. They were fun!
TheNotSoShyGuy: way to be in the same pool as me for the second tourney in a row, and then beating me three times in one day haha. You're a chill dude; I hope to see you at more events in the future!
Dizzy: really solid Marth dude. I still can't believe that you remembered playing friendlies with me over a year ago at a HOBO.
Augs: that was a really intense set. It was fate that I would face a Kirby in bracket lol.
Axiom: thanks for letting me take your spot in bracket before you let haha.
UTDZac: thanks for teaching me some stuff in our fraudulent match :p
the College Station crew (Shokio, Lites, Abstract Logic, G-Rabbit, Stef, Axiom, 2-D Fighter, Whit, Sparking Zero): glad y'all were all able to make it out to this. I love playing and getting better with you guys.

Cory and Carlos: great job TO'ing. I thought the event was pretty well run, especially considering the amount of entrants.
Pho House: HUGE props to you guys. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and the venue was absolutely amazing - definitely the best venue I've ever been to for a smash tournament. This was probably the most fun I've ever had at a tourney, and a major part of that was because of you guys. I'll try to make it to KotH3!

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I'm the Zelda/Ganon against Whit, and later the Fox/Ganon against the Fox, who is apparently Nevake. Also, I am so salty I forgot to have my Olimar set recorded. That's probably the set I wanted to watch over and over from this weekend. Either way, thanks bunches for bringing one.
Thank you. The changes have been made.

PTJon

Smash Cadet
I always like seeing the character representation in the bracket, can anyone help finish this?

1: JF :falcomelee: ($528.00)
2: Albert :falcomelee: ($264.00)
3: Mew :falcomelee::marthmelee::foxmelee: ($88.00)
4: Sethlon :sheikmelee:
5: McBad :jigglypuffmelee:
5: Disafter :foxmelee::sheikmelee:
7: Thoraxe :foxmelee: :marthmelee::luigimelee:
7: Dr Drew the Dragon :sheikmelee:
9: Nevake :foxmelee:
9: Changsta :falcomelee:
9: WaterlessFishie :foxmelee:
9: Sizzle :foxmelee:
13: CT | TLoc Denti :jigglypuffmelee:
13: GoldRook:ganondorfmelee:
13: LK :peachmelee:
17: Dizzy :marthmelee:
17: Humbone :foxmelee:
17: PTJon :drmario:
17: Aliami & Mysti :icsmelee:
17: Gentle Breeze :falcomelee:
17: Tadeo :luigimelee:
17: AbsoluteBlack :marthmelee:
25: Lites :falcomelee:
25: Zift :marthmelee:
25: Ouki :jigglypuffmelee:
25: Viiper:falcomelee:
25: Quote :foxmelee:
25: Rai :falcomelee:

Also having trouble remembering what exactly happened during Melee Grand Finals, I recall it being 3-1 right? And right after the set did two people do some more Falco ditto matches?

Last edited:

TheRealAlbert

Smash Cadet
I always like seeing the character representation in the bracket, can anyone help finish this?

5: Disafter :foxmelee:
7: Thoraxe
9: Nevake
9: Changsta
17: Dizzy
Nevake Fox, Changsta Falco, Dizzy Marth, Rai Falco, Thoraxe marth/falco?

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman

5: Disafter :foxmelee:
7: Thoraxe :marthmelee::falcomelee:
9: Nevake :foxmelee:
9: Changsta :falcomelee:
17: Dizzy :marthmelee:
25: Rai :falcomelee:

Also having trouble remembering what exactly happened during Melee Grand Finals, I recall it being 3-1 right? And right after the set did two people do some more Falco ditto matches?
Lites is falco

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
Awesome tournament, a big thanks to Carlos and Cory for running it and to the people who helped call out matches, ya'll rock.

Shoutouts to:

Gentle Breeze for those really intense pools matches, I wasn't expecting them to be that close, gg's man

PTJon for implementing all the fox practice I give him and using it to beat Chris in pools >: )

Tadeo for an intense and fun set in bracket, gg's dude that luigi sure is tricky

Sizzle for playing those fox dittos with me and teaching me the whole way through. Can't believe it was your last tournament noo :(

Gabe, Thoraxe, Tai, Connor, Cole, JF, Disafter, Enso, and everyone else I played with, thanks for playing with meh

I think I'm starting to cross the bridge between mediocrity and decency, excited for what the future will hold :) See ya'll soon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Awestin pulled out his Melee Ness in teams and I also pulled out my pocket Puff and Fox in singles. Those are secondaries though so they don't really matter.
  • Chado is a Marth main.
  • Viiper plays Marth too.
PS - This is Tuna with Bacon. All the time.
PSS - When are the matches from that one melee recording setup (I think it was TV 5,6, or 8?) going to be uploaded?

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
the second King of the House was better than the first! Larger amount of entrants, better organized and ran and more fun was had. I'm pleased to see growth and improvement in this nice venue, thanks to Cory and the T.O. team for taking notes and making improvements. My only complaint was the team bracket was poorly seeded: gabe and i playing tai and moophobia our first game, instead of at least quarters, was kind of upsetting, if you'd let Gabe and other experienced T.O.s help you seed the brackets, you can prevent whiny *****es like me complaining about unbalanced brackets in the future! i look forward to the next KotH, and its guaranteed success, thanks for holding these and constantly improving.
Actually, I remember what happened here: I switched around some teams in order to get all four 'expected' quarter final matches. However, your guys' area of the bracket had the team Penis Envy; being a family restaurant and with kids running around (including the owner's daughter and manager's son), I didn't want to be calling that out over the mic (sorry guys, but thanks for understanding). After finding them and getting back, I completely forgot to switch your two teams around, so my apologies there. I recall Gabe wanting to take a look at the brackets when the tournament was already under way, but at the time it wasn't possible.

Jolt135

Smash Rookie
@ Thoraxe Thoraxe Yeah actually I completely forgot to get Gabe to help with the seeding when melee singles time came. And yeah, KotH3 we'll definitely money match, or DIME if you're going.

Just want to say thanks for everyone that came, we couldn't run the tournament without y'all! DFW Smash crowd is amazing and really well-mannered, just makes our job easier as TOs.

Glad you guys loved the staff, worked hard to get those girls for y'all. ;)
Sorry about not getting the promo girls there, on the bright side the Robust ambassador PROMISED to definitely get them there for KotH3.
Would like some feedback on what we could do better, with food, efficiency, how were bracket-pools, anything. Again, thanks everyone!

D

Deleted member

Would like some feedback on what we could do better, with food, efficiency, how were bracket-pools, anything. Again, thanks everyone!
  • We need to instruct that if people have extra TVs they should not hesitate to set them up immediately.
  • We need to better organize what sections of the restaurant are for which game. It seemed a bit jumbled this time around.
  • We can try a designated break/food time to lessen sudden hiccups in tournament and just have one moment of downtime.
  • Idea from awhile back: We could try using the friendly/tournament strips I made to make the tournament run faster. (I made a little over 20 or so)
The Red/Green strips of paper:
On top of every CRT (TV) SetUp we can put a strip of paper with one side is green and the other is red.
Players will flip this stip of paper over to the correct color side depending on the status of their match.

If the CRT is being used for a tournament match or Pools, flip the paper to the Red side.
If the CRT is being used for friendlies or Money Matches, flip it to the Green side.
After every match (except Pools matches that aren't complete) players will flip the strip of paper to the Green side.

Let's look at the pros and cons of this idea:
Pros:
Players don't have to ask 'Is this tournament?' and interrupt matches.
Easy and understandable.
Quick and inexpensive solution to TV hogging hiccups.

Cons:
Players can lie about their matches with these but the Smash community should be trustworthy enough so this shouldn't be a big issue.
Paper could get ripped up or taken. (I laminated them though, haha.)

D

Deleted member

(Oops, Triple post due to Smashboards going on maintenance.)

D

Deleted member

(Oops, Triple post due to Smashboards going on maintenance.)

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
7: Thoraxe :falcomelee:
i don't play falco nowadays, i played
:marthmelee::foxmelee: :luigimelee:.

i understand you're swamped with a hundred things when you're T.O.ing @Jolt135 @phởHouse and it's easy to mess things up or forget stuff on such a large scale of a tournament, so please don't hesitate to ask one of the many guys who know how to really help and maybe lessen the burden a lil bit. but seriously, i think you'll continue improving with running the tournament naturally so maybe our help won't be necessary.

oh, and can you get a better mic or something? -dat echo is bad.
with respect -
cameron.

Last edited:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
This was a pretty awesome tournament, and I'm glad I went out of my way to make it. I was really happy with the way I played in pools, and even though I didn't make it out, I think things are going to start lookin up from here.

@ BIGJOHNSONxPWNS BIGJOHNSONxPWNS Dude, thanks for playing those friendlies with me! Next time, it'll be a money match! You really helped me out with the Falco matchup, and helped me see what my Marth could do. Thanks for being a homie and a super chill dude.

@Sethlon I think you were my funnest opponent all day. Your Shiek is really impressive, and we had a close game. Also, thanks for the advice!

@Scotch98' Dude, I know you were bummed out, but don't give up. When I talked to you, it sounded like fatigue and salt. But you're good at this game. Dont give up.

@Thin Mint You keep getting better every time we play. You're always just one step ahead of me. Don't worry, I'll catch up soon enough!

Shoutouts to everyone who I didn't get to. I'm kinda out of it at the moment, but I wanted to get this done. I love you guys, and I always look forward for seeing you all.

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Just got Grand Finals left to do before everythings ready to get uploaded, can @ TheRealAlbert TheRealAlbert , @JesusFreak, or someone who remembers the set well help me figure out what exactly happened during it? Thanks

Last edited:

Sizzle

I paint controllers
1: JF - good **** dude, I'm so happy for you. You were playing so well, and I'm sorry I had to run and I couldn't catch the finals, but I knew you were gonna win it, and I think you did too. Confident JF is scary!!
2: Albert - good games you were really solid.
3: Mew - talking with you in Japanese was the highlight of the tournament for me. I really enjoyed that.
5: McBad - ggs I was happy with the way I played against you and it was a fun set.
7: Thoraxe - we didn't play, but it was nice to see you as always.
9: Nevake - another really close set, felt like it coulda gone either way.
9: WaterlessFishie - fun friendlies before the tourney started, though I wish we coulda played in pools lol
9: Sizzle - lol
17: Humbone - thanks so much for the ride after and I'm glad we got to become friends and play as much as we did. You have improved a lot and I hope you keep playing and improving.
17: PTJon - thanks for recording and uploading, it was nice chatting with you too
17: Moophobia - really close game, I thought you were gonna body me again with luigi
17: Tadeo - our games were fun, but you kinda owned me this time. Though the dair triple shine off the top of yoshis was my in game highlight of the tourney haha!
17: AbsoluteBlack - the pride mm was fun and I was playing really well on saturday. Your marth always punished me really hard in our previous games, so I tried to do that instead this time around haha.
25: Quote - Dude your fox is getting so solid! I'm happy you continually sought me out to play and you seem so hungry to improve, that's super important. Keep playing and you will pass me up I'm sure!

Khubyar - thanks so much for the ride dude! I've enjoyed getting to know you over the past few tournies, keep it up!
Zal - It was really lame that we had to play first round in pools. I'm glad they didn't put us in the same PM pool as well lol..
Kevinwow - nice games in pools. I think you figured out I was a Melee player and I didn't know what to do against ivysaur rofl.

This was an amazing venue. Great space, atmosphere, and the food was good too. Seeding could have been better, but at the same time I didn't mind it too much. As stated in the original tournament topic, this was my last Texas tournament and I felt like I played really well and it was a total blast. Thanks for all the warm wishes. If anyone is ever visiting Korea (or even Japan) don't hesitate to send me a message, I'd love to meet you there and show you around! Texas was only a temporary home for me, but everyone in the DFW area was super chill and I felt really welcome at all your tournaments. Good luck and I hope you guys travel to the big tournies this summer, I'll be watching them all on stream!

Top Bottom