• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Everything - *Updated* - Read This!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
because there are just way too many stickies here, i'm dropping a bunch of them in favor of this. if you see a sticky disappear, check here to make sure i didn't just get bored seeing it every time i came in.

Kokichi's Edit: Check out all of these links first! They have a lot of information in them!

MistyIRC

Smash Apprentice
The Ganondorf guide was recently updated...

Oh well, Qwester is compiling a list of up-to-date character guides, so hopefully we can just use that...

Slayer Link

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone so picky about outdated guides??!! Sure they don't handle wavedash and such things but combo's still work and the most of them are still really handy. I could make a guide right now about IC (my worst character) and it would be up to date and much, much crappier than a guide made a year ago about IC by someone who knows a lot about IC. So I don't think that we should just delete them just because they aren't up to date. Those people put a **** of a lot of work into in it and you should know Cory because your Marth guide was also a lot of work...

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
theres a good bowser guide everyone should read, and a resonable marth FAQ.

dunno if something nasty is going to happen to me for posting this but whatever.

http://qwester.supersheep.org

I'm currently trying to get the Bowser author to post his guide on here, but he seems to not care, thinking that a link to it would be just as beifical.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Originally posted by Slayer Link
...and you should know Cory because your Marth guide was also a lot of work...
yeah, and my marth guide is horribly outdated. the amount of work or whatever doesn't change the fact that several of them are just so old that they don't deal with the current meta game properly.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Mew2King gets his stuff stickied but my stuff just gets tossed aside, so how about you stick me in here? :mad:

Heck, I better check my own sig just to make sure the thing didn't die. ;/

Supernova

Smash Ace
yay, some of the stickies are gone!

anyway, in the title of the thread, i think you should change it to the words "Official Glitches, Controller Mod Guide, Character Guides, and Help Topic Links"

that way all the stuff is mentioned so people know where to find the threads.

Total Chaos

Smash Journeyman
I dont think the guides need to be deleted, maybe updtaed, or more guides added. Provided that someone makes them. I have respect for the people who make them, takes them a lot of time and effort.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really? I sent an email. According to my sent items anyway.

meh.

oh well, its up to you of course, but some people prefer to have a guide in a thread.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
How old is old exactly? Does old mean that the guide doesnt incorporate wding and lcing? Or is it defined by just being old related to the passage of time? Because I'm inclined to agree with the guys saying that they're still good. Worth a look. Also, wding isnt for everyone or every character, so in a few instances that shouldnt even matter. However, I'm fairly certain I havent seen any Zelda guides anyway... Sooo, maybe I wasted my breath?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the thing is they're so old they don't incorporate the current metagame at all; not even a fairly recent one. the most glaring example is my marth guide: i talk about how his grab game "isn't so hot" and i don't mention his air game much at all. most of the guides suffer similar problems as they were made two or so years ago and their tactics and playstyles described are thoroughly unevolved.

Red Dragon

Smash Lord
off topic:

Its amazing how CORY keeps the same avatar for so long. (That was random)

on topic

this topic organizes everthing like a folder

(that was random too)

(maybe i should go to bed) :confused:

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
You could just remove all the formatting and copy/paste that way OR you could just post a link to the guide and still get the discussion in a topic etc.

Red Dragon

Smash Lord
GameFaqs users are not very serious about competitive smash, and the ones that are, they end up here.

Das_Lynx

Smash Rookie
I guess the old "how to WD easier" pad modification topic was taken away when this came up. Can I still find it somewhere here?

Charoo

Smash Champion
it's still in there at the Tournament discussion jsut that it's lock now

the sideburns

Smash Journeyman
on the subject of outdated guides, i'm hoping to compile a yoshi guide once i take him to another tournament or two.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, an old guy posting. Anyway, Cory, did you forget your Dodge 'n Drop trick? You should add it to the information list stickied.

DRagonmaster5000

Smash Rookie
All you smashbros players suck balls compared to me, i am the dragonmsater and you will all bow before me

p.s i am No.1 smash player in the world those who think they are good reply, but you all suck to be honest.!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
huh, he found a topic that cant be locked... oh well you can always ban him... >_>

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Hey DragonMasturbaiter, why don't you take ur nonexistent balls and shove them up ur @$$, shove ur head up ur @$$ too, maybe it'll muffle the sound.

Top Bottom