• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team OXY presents: Kings of Cali 2! Ken v Scar, Mango, Wobbles, Shroomed - April 13th-14th, 2013

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
April 13-14, 2013
Jake's Billiards and Bar of Pasadena​
Pasadena, CA​

Teams bracket (35 teams)

1: GC | SFAT + PewPewU
2: Mango + Scar
3: MacD + Westballz
4: Axe + OkamiBW
5: Fly Amanita + Shroomed
5: Alex19 + S2J
7: A Rookie + Manacloud
7: Hyuga + Mogwai
9: BlueFoxXT + L
9: Stab + Sung
9: Baka4moe + Khepri
9: Darrell + Toph
13: Silly Kyle + Tai
13: Prinny + Swordsaint
13: Manatee + Peligro
13: Bizzarro Flame + Nawnscents
17: Gem + Oksas
17: Bacon + JpegImage
17: Coolkid + joejoe
17: Dantefox + SacaSuMoto
17: HairyNipples + Ken
17: Germ + sidefx
17: Matticus + pwrfulfish
17: Emerc + J666
25: 2jar + PracticeMan
25: AppleApple + Dr. R
25: Dunk + NoTechSkill
25: KrustyKurt + Ne$$
25: Trahh + vioxx
25: Fred + LittleOne
25: PikaZoo + Sizzle
25: BoscoMAN + Zeo
33: Twinz + Winke
33: Fortefreak + P34chfuzz
33: ItalianStallion + PandaCobo

Singles bracket (32 man bracket, 115 entrants total)

1: Mango (Fox, Falcon)
2: Wobbles (Ice Climbers)
3: Shroomed (Dr. Mario, Sheik)
4: PewPewU (Marth)
5: Fly Amanita (Ice Climbers)
5: GC | SFAT (Fox)
7: Westballz (Falco, Falcon)
7: Axe (Pikachu, Young Link)
9: Sung666 (Sheik)
9: MacD (Peach)
9: Khepri (Falcon)
9: s2j (Falcon)
13: J666 (Link)
13: Alex19 (Fox)
13: Darrell (Samus)
13: Bimbo Mexico (Falco)
17: Joejoe (Sheik)
17: Silly Kyle (Peach)
17: Coolkid (Fox)
17: Baka4moe (Peach)
17: OkamiBW (Sheik)
17: Tai (Marth)
17: Scar (Falcon)
17: stabbedbyanipple (Falco)
25: Bizzarro Flame (Ganondorf, Falcon)
25: Rickety (Sheik, Jigglypuff)
25: Trahh (Falco)
25: Swordsaint (Falco)
25: Bacon (Falcon)
25: Toph (Fox)
25: L (Fox)
25: Hairynipples (Falcon)

Singles pools round 1 (16 pools of 7-8)

Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Pool 5

Pool 6

Pool 7

Pool 8

Pool 9

Pool 10

Pool 11

Pool 12

Pool 13

Pool 14

Pool 15

Pool 16

Singles pools round 2 (8 pools of 8)

Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Pool 5

Pool 6

Pool 7

Pool 8

Payouts

35 teams * $20 per team = $700
$700 -$50 (5 staff: Sung, Stab, j666, 2jar, bosco had free entry) = $650

$650 teams pot

1: GC | SFAT + PewPewU (50%, $325; $162.5 ea)
2: Mango + Scar (25%, $162.5; $81.25 ea)
3: MacD + Westballz (15%, $97.5; $48.75 ea)
4: Axe + OkamiBW (10%, $65; $32.5 ea)

115 entrants * $10 per person = $1150
$1150 - $70 (7 staff: me, Sung, Stab, j666, 2jar, bosco, combofest had free entry) = $1080

$1080 singles pot

1: Mango (40%, $432)
2: Wobbles (20%, $216)
3: Shroomed (15%, $162)
4: PewPewU (10%, $108)
5: Fly Amanita (5%, $54)
5: GC | SFAT (5%, $54)
7: Westballz (2.5%, $27)
7: Axe (2.5%, $27)

total:
Mango: $513.25
PewPewU: $270.5
GC | SFAT: $216.5
Wobbles: $216
Shroomed: $162
Scar: $81.25
Westballz: $75.75
Axe: $59.5
Fly Amanita: $54
MacD: $48.75
OkamiBW: $32.5

There are two payout options: Paypal or check via mail. PM me or contact me on facebook with your information (your username/email for paypal and your full name and address with state/country/zip code/etc for the check). I'd greatly prefer Paypal, but if you'd rather do check thats fine too.

Congratulations to our winners and see you guys next time :)

ComboFest

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to 2jar for being the homie and housing me. Love you 2 jar.
will post shoutouts when there are full results.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Should have just done team crews when everyone was drunk day1. It's team crews ffs, seems mostly about fun for me.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
ahh this was an awesommme tournament. the venue was so good, definitely one of my favorites. really hope there will be a KoC3. Thanks for hosting this crimson + all the others who helped.

got top 32, no fox's in vegas really hindered me though :( gg's to everyone i played!

strawhats

Smash Master
ya sry about not playing you more lol. gg's in pools trahh and good **** beating tha germ
Germ was at this tournament?! I could've swore I heard someone (either Wobbles/Darrel mention hella's name too, but it must've been an error). Glad to see alot of Old School players still playing. Great tournament. I hope to make it out to one of these soon to support team Oxy, specifically CB>da Homie !!!!

Corigames

Smash Hero
When the full list of results pop up, I'll do shoutouts so I don't forget anyone (thank you giant-list-of-everyone-that-was-there). In the mean time, I really want to say thanks to the TOs for running this, for the media crew that streamed it, to the bar that hosted it, and to the community for making it happen. I want to also single out Okami for housing almost, if not all, of AZ (What a champ!). I want to thank Tai for driving me there (Kinda a champ). Lastly, I want to thank everyone who played with me and put up with my incessant ********. <3

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Good games/chatting to everyone I happened to play and/or meet! I hope to see you sometime in the future so we can play/talk again. You're a cool person, whoever you are!

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Alec for being amazing and housing us and generally being awesome.
Arian and Team OXY for hosting my first OoS tournament and being an amazing TO + VG Bootcamp for streaming.
Bryce, Ray, and Jeff for making the car ride cool.
AZ Crew (That includes you, Okami) for being amazing, wrecking face, and being HYPE.
Practice Man, Brandon, Combofest, KoreanSamus, and Stab for being cool at the house.
Bimbo Mexico, Fly Amanita, Captain Fabulous, Peachfuzz, Aisight, Jackpot, Manacloud, Bluefox, and everyone else I played in friendlies.
Ken for 'Ken comboing" me and then forfeiting.
Aceflight for being made of salt. ggs
Everyone I played in both my pools. You guys are really good.
SSBM for bringing people together.

ComboFest

Smash Lord
korean samus lol. Also i found a purple controller with a clear bottom at the tourney that was left behind. message me if anyone lost theirs.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
I have a triforce hat and an indigo controller and a indigo (front) / silver (back) controller that were left behind

Also, if anyone took my black iphone or my silver controller (kinda deep cut on the right front side of the shell with a slight pink hue on the grey stick) please let me know

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
korean samus lol. Also i found a purple controller with a clear bottom at the tourney that was left behind. message me if anyone lost theirs.
Most likely mine. I have a purple/clear controller that ISN'T mine but thought it was with me. :v

Not a high priority for me to get it back, so just keep it safe 'till we both go to the same tourney or something.

oksas

oak-sauce
ah good, i'm glad. did he have them the whole time or did they actually get lost among all the stuff?

JeezImSoBored

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to melee for being the best game ever; and shoutouts to melee players for being awesome and teaching me a bunch of stuff
special thanks to sung, crimson, matticus, lobo, pwrfulfish, axe, jpegimage, bluefox for making this tournament experience very enjoyable for me :D

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
ah good, i'm glad. did he have them the whole time or did they actually get lost among all the stuff?
Worse it was on top of the car, its only dumb as hell because we went to go check if it was in the ignition and we were looking around the car and stuff, guess it could've been worse though

oksas

oak-sauce
damn. sounds like you still got lucky though. a lot could have happened to a key sitting on top of a car :p

unknown522

Some guy
Good work guys. You all made it an entertaining weekend.

VGBootCamp
Commentators
The players, especially the top 16 (since I didn't see much below that).
Ken, Scar
Team Oxy

etc.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It was a very entertaining two days of stream watching. Props to VGBootCamp for holding it down despite internet troubles.

I'm gonna attend a tourney of yours one of these days, Arian. Unfortunately got owned by school work this time around. Keep up the good work.

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a ton, Team Oxy. I live here and I didn't even know Jake's had that hype-ass basement. Sitting at the bar upstairs and educating casual customers about the glory of Melee while it rocked out on all the TV's around me is a memory that will stick with me for a while.

Friendly shoutouts: Dunk, Techskill, Bimbo Mexico, Fist, AJTwist, Styles and some others I'm forgetting. GG's, guys.

Silva562

Smash Rookie
Badass tournament , dumb place to lose my key -.-
Overall it was a very cool experience and I met some friendly people there . It was great to see people who were so passionate about this game as I am . My first tourney will be one to remember for sure . Thanks to Crimson and staff for Hosting this gangsta shiet :cool: . Shoutout to AZ , you guys are a lot of fun , Tourney prolly wouldn't of been the same without you guys .

Trypt

Smash Cadet
Will do full shout outs later, but thanks a ton to 2jar for housing us, Team Oxy for the amazing event, and VGBC for the awesome stream. You guys put in a lot of work, and it shows.

Shoutouts to the AZ Hype Train.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Did a quick update to top post, and expect videos to go up over the course of the week. :)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I can't wait til the full results are posted with people who didn't make it out of pools. :)

I'ma do a huge shoutout thingybopper just like last KoC.

Quick shoutout and most important one to Jeff. Love ya, dude.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Shout out time!!!!!!!!!!! :happysheep: <------ Wth is that? LOLOLOLOL.

First, let me shout out to all the people that beat me:

Trahh : Good job in beating me. I got a little too comfortable after game 2, let it go to my head. Solid Falco, didn't expect you to be that good. Get you next time (:
Shroomed: You already know the Mario dittos can be a little weird, but I personally find it fun as hell in the end. Better than playing against a top tier. I'm getting closer and closer to beating your Doc, just wait until I level up for Evo. Hope to see you there. By the way, we should team sometime! Double Mario would be cool =p
L: Our last match was one hit away for each of us, you clutched it out nicely. I'll definitely practice on the things I missed. I guess this was revenge for last time at SB where I beat you there. Why did we have a deathpool? -____-"
PewPewU: Your Marth is really good, but I feel like you should pick up more on people's habits. I got away w/ a lot of things. Punish me next time =P Haha. I like how you stood up and gave hi 5's when Tai made it back to the stage xD I was dying laughing, haha. Congrats to getting 1st in teams (:
OkamiBW: Our matches are getting closer even though I didn't take a game this time. Starting to figure out what I have to do against you. And good stuff to you and Axe for beating Manacloud and I, we were still too fresh to know what to do. If it's possible, we'll get you two next time!!
69%: Nice Link! Link's tough for Mario since you control the air very well. Nice solid play, but I choked at the end w/ my last recovery D: I have to learn how to get that last kill against people, lol. PS - Our pool was very difficult. LOLOLOL.
Alex19: Sorry that we had to play even though we practiced together before. The only reason I wanted to play on the livestream is to get my Mario recorded and bring some hope to the community that a Mario has a chance in this game too. Nice job w/ the final kill, I have much to learn ;p

Now for everyone else in singles:

Gem: Your Marth was very defensive if I remember correctly. Keep everyone out! That's Marth's game. Then attack when you find an opening and GRAB. Those are the tools in becoming a very, top-notch Marth. You got my scrubby ass next time ;)
PikaZoo: You need to work on your mindset, you know you have the skill. And I think you do too. But good set and sorry for beating you D: Next time, maybe you'll destroy me! We'll see (: Practice your anxiety, I do. Find the best way: Roller Coasters, Phobias, etc(confront them w/ a low and steady heartbeat).
ajtwist: Good matches w/ you man. I remember who you were but I don't remember if you were a Sheik or not o__O Either way, GG's my man<3
Anto Park: We both went in there knowing we didn't have a very good chance of making it out, but at least we made them work for their wins :) We'll both make it out next time we have a deathpool.
Nawnscents: Get 2-0'd *****! Lol, you suck big penis for not showing up for day 2 =/
Zeo: Your Falcon keeps getting better! You need to go in more though! Don't be afraid or wait for your opponent to go in first all the time. Falcon always needs to go balls deep against everyone, but other than that, you did pretty good vs Shroomed. Next time you'll beat both of our Mario's, haha.

Teams:

Manatee + Peligro: You guys had a tough team for anyone! Lol. Good stuff to Manatee for resting my Falcon game 1. You guys wrecked us on Yoshi's Story. But somehow we brought it back when I switched to Fox. Good stuff you two, I wanna see you two make it further next time (:
Axe + OkamiBW: You two are a good team! Manacloud and I had a hard time adjusting to both of you, but at least we got our match recorded I think (: GG's to you guys! And congrats placing well in teams.
Prinny + Swordsaint: Lol, the highlight for us is when Manacloud shot a missle then naired one of you, and you got hit into it and died. Best combo ever xD But good job to you two!
Coolkid + joejoe: You guys had a good team and gave me a lot of trouble. Shout outs to both of you for getting better. Especially coolkid for beating Sung and other players I can't remember atm (:
Stab + Sung: Omg! That match was very difficult. Idk how we pulled it off to be honest. You guys are a very good team, but somehow we clutched it. That was probably our best win! You guys will destroy us next time though, we just got lucky.
Shroomed + Fly: You guys were way too good, but it felt more of a one on one kind of team. Which is fine, but we couldn't handle you two one on one xD hahaha. GG's though.

I feel like I'm missing a team, but oh well. GG to you too if I missed you :p

Other Shout outs:

Ken: It broke my heart to see you lose =( I hope that didn't affect you that much. No johns ;D
Scar: For being an asshole and beating Ken xD Haha, good stuff man =p
Khepri: For being my hero by running through: Toph, Tai, and Darrell. Good stuff getting 9th!!!!! I was so loud whenever you played, hahahaha.
Toxic Reflection: For almost beating Trypt, then Trypt was like, "I'm a Sheik, I got dis son!" Lol.
A-1: For improving your game! And good try vs SideFX.
Captain Fabulous: For not making it out of poos and playing like sh**(according to nips) putting yo ass on blast, lolololol.
Hairy Nipples: I hate to see you lose man D: Especially vs Toph and S2J. Good stuff though, you did very well =p It's been fun Jake, see you around<3
Wobbles: For having that level 3 sarcasm and being a very informative player. You only one stocked my IC's with your Mario. Not so hard right? ;3 Trolololol.
J666: For probably being the worst team mate ever and fighting verbally against each other more than we're fighting against the opposing team, hahahaha.
Studmuffin: For doing well, but came short w/ that 2nd seed D:
Jackpot: Not sure if you made it out, but good stuff in beating The Germ. You're getting better :)
Dayman: ENTER the next tournament! That was a shame to see you go but not enter D:
Rickety: You're Sheik is too good, our crew had no chance xD haha.
Maple: Thanks for the mercy and going Link, even though your Link is hella good nonetheless =)
2Jar: For improving once again and always being a cool person. Stay free in teams<3
PracticeMan: I know you could do better! Hope to see you soon, you're always too fun to play/hang out with :D
Girlxx: You have a lot of improving to do w/ your Marth, but it's so nice to see a girl try getting better in Melee. It's such a rare thing to see, we should definitely hang out next time you come down. Hit a ***** up! Lol =p
Mango: For being Mango and winning like always =) We should play sometime man, I live in Cerritos. Haha.
Bimbo Mexico: For clutching it vs. Stab and almost beating Scar but DAT SIDE-B D:
Eddy Mexico: Just for having you in mind, we all miss you man<3
Fist: For being a cool guy (: Didn't see how you did in pools, but let's play next time you come down.
Bizzaro Flame: For beating S2J and getting a 3 stock? Holy sh**! Lol. You're always one of the people I enjoy watching.
Boscoman: For being part of the SCHC(SoCal Housing Committee) Lol (: You're too cool man.
Sniper: For giving me some warm-up practice and still attending tourneys. Lol, manacloud remembered you =)
SacaSuMoto: For not finishing our last match. Your Sheik vs my Falcon. I was about to bring that back too xD haha.
Wieners: For representing that Mario. Mario 'till we die! Haha. I will improve, so I hope you do the same :p
KoopaTroopa895: Don't you live in LB? We should play sometime, I live in Cerritos, not too far.
Combofest: For betting on Khepri and I in teams, we won you a dollar. Haha.
Aceflight: Didn't see any matches you played unfortunately, but I heard you got a lot better. Let's practice Melee and SF together!
Sung: Holding it down for SoCal and beating Silly Kyle I believe. You're too much fun! Especially when you get hype, haha.
Baka4moe: You did well, but that YL was unexpected right? Didn't get to see all the matches, but pretty sure that caught you off guard.
Darrell: I couldn't understand if you were being serious or not after I made the comment, "I told you he Khepri was good". Either way, that made me a little uncomfortable, so I'm gonna bring you out of your comfort zone next time in tournament. But nice comeback on FoD, it was a 3 stock deficit.

And last but not to say the least shout outs to my man:

MANACLOUD: you were such an amazing team mate! I'm so glad I am the last person you ever teamed w/. I remember the MLG days when you and ChuDat would work so well to get into finals. Knowing that, I didn't want to disappoint you. That's why I tried so hard and listened to all the scheming/advice you gave me. Sorry for not making it into the finals this time my friend. But I've never had such a great team mate before(besides Khepri or Nips), thanks for going out w/ a huge bang and in the end we got into Losers Quarters, which isn't too bad. You held your own, I didn't carry the team at all, you carried me! Good job in showing everyone that old school, basic tactics are all you need in the metagame today like I knew all along. Now no one can disrespect you and Ken. Thank you again Mike, you're the :bomb:

Top Bottom