• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) [DONE] Donate by 4:00pm PST and I'll match you 1:1 (results inside!)

stirbad

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

This is my first post on Smashboards but I have clocked in thousands of hours into the SSB series (the majority to Melee) and I have always respected the community. I'm not a great player by any means and I get bodied in locals but some of my fondest video game memories stem from this series and I would love to contribute to the current EVO drive.

I will be busy when you guys drop the Spirit Bomb tonight so I would like to make my contribution before that happens. However, as a way to get some donations steadily streaming in right now, I am encouraging you guys to donate now and I will match your donations 1:1 (up to an undisclosed but certainly reasonable amount). Keep the donations coming and in 75 minutes (4:00pm PST) I will donate my match.

Get hype! Thanks Smashers!

EDIT: The number on the donation link shows $38,606.21 at the start time of this 75 minute period.

EDIT 2: I've decided to make it easier for everyone. No need to PM me anything, I'll just look at the donation link at 4:00pm PST and see how much the number has climbed, and I'll match it up to my cap then. Thanks everyone! One hour left as of this edit.

FINAL EDIT:

Time's up! The results: $40,010.79 - $38,606.21 = $1,404.58, and in the span of 75 minutes! Amazing!

Unfortunately this is WAY higher than the cap I had set ($500) but I will bump up my contribution since you guys are so awesome. Confirmation of donation coming up shortly.
http://i.imgur.com/sX9qT51.png

Thanks again for being awesome, Smashers! Also I won't be able to monitor the whole final drive tonight (as I stated before) so please relay this to all the other donation incentive drives so I have a shot at some sweet gear!

P.S. My birthday is tomorrow (no joke) and I would love to wake up to news of SSBM confirmed for EVO! LET'S GO!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Question: Are you going to donate to the link on the Spirit Bomb stream, or directly to WePay?

Revven

FrankerZ
I'd totally jump on this if I wasn't going to be around for the spirit bomb but I'm keeping whatever I'm donating for that tonight. But good luck with this, I hope some people participate!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Spirit Bomb would be more helpful.

Actually I don't think the Spirit Bomb starts until MIOM ep 6 starts, so WePay.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I'm going to put up a little for this.

Also you missed someone who donated $200 by like a minute.
(I think you should include that IMO) :)

EDIT: Donated $20
Also wow its already gone up like $500.
I hope your cap is high and that we hit it.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
im a noob and dont know how to screen shot but i just donated 5 bucks

Look at his edit, he's gonna match whatever was donated since he made the thread just with the numbers, no need to PM or post screenshots, your donation is getting matched anyway. :)

John2k4

The End of an Era
Spirit Bomb still has so much potential that it can't be measured.

Personally I'm not too worried about "trolling" in a manner like that. Probably just a separate kind of troll trying to cause uncertainty.
Edit: By that I meant the person who brought that up on the FB page. Or they might have just been mis-informed.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Spirit Bomb still has so much potential that it can't be measured.

Personally I'm not too worried about "trolling" in a manner like that. Probably just a separate kind of troll trying to cause uncertainty.
im not worried at all too, i have some snipers on the roof and they will shoot when given the signal

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yes, but it is as-of-yet undisclosed.
I will be busy when you guys drop the Spirit Bomb tonight so I would like to make my contribution before that happens...I am encouraging you guys to donate now and I will match your donations 1:1 (up to an undisclosed but certainly reasonable amount).

stirbad

Smash Rookie
Someone just brought up on the Facebook page that this might just be a ST/SG person trying to get us to blow our load early (join date; post count). Not to be overly paranoid, but if this somehow turns out to be a fraud, could we get the donations in this thread to count towards the Spirit Bomb? I donated here because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to the podcast, and figured I'd try and get the most mileage out of my donation as possible, but it'd be a shame to not get these donations matched when there are so many willing matchers out there.
I understand your concern, but I assure you this is legit. I know I can't convince you right now, but when I make my donation at 4:00pm it should "clear my name" so to speak.

Roughly 15 minutes left! Seeing the number go up by so much in the span of an hour is awesome.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Someone just brought up on the Facebook page that this might just be a ST/SG person trying to get us to blow our load early (join date; post count). Not to be overly paranoid, but if this somehow turns out to be a fraud, could we get the donations in this thread to count towards the Spirit Bomb? I donated here because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to the podcast, and figured I'd try and get the most mileage out of my donation as possible, but it'd be a shame to not get these donations matched when there are so many willing matchers out there.
If they did, then its not going to help them. Personally, I just considered this a little extra, not my Spirit Bomb donation. We are going to blow the Spirit Bomb matching out of the water anyway. If this gets matched, it could be an extra 1k. If it doesn't, it hardly cut into the Spirit Bomb, and only leaves SG more in the dust.

If this is a trick, its a dumb one.

stirbad

Smash Rookie
Time's up! The results: $40,010.79 - $38,606.21 = $1,404.58, and in the span of 75 minutes! Amazing!

Unfortunately this is WAY higher than the cap I had set ($500) but I will bump up my contribution since you guys are so awesome. Confirmation of donation coming up shortly.

Construct

Smash Journeyman

Wow, good **** Melee community!

And great job for doing this stirbad! I didn't want to come off as too negative, just wanted to relay a concern some other guy had voiced on FB. Props for going through.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
wait, so are you matching $1.4k or are you just matching some amount that's more than $500?

thank you so much btw! you're awesome :)

stirbad

Smash Rookie

Thanks again for being awesome, Smashers! Also I won't be able to monitor the whole final drive tonight (as I stated before) so please relay this to all the other donation incentive drives so I have a shot at some sweet gear!

P.S. My birthday is tomorrow (no joke) and I would love to wake up to news of SSBM confirmed for EVO! LET'S GO!

Construct

Smash Journeyman
good ****!

Nice little mini bomb to bring us over 40k

Sometimes its better to not say anything dude.
I would've edited it out but like ten people quoted me haha

Hindsight is 20/20 man

But hey, it worked out alright in the end.

Holy **** dude, you are THE homie. Happy birthday man. I really hope you get what you wish for :)

Revven

FrankerZ

All of the EST folks hope to wake up to that news as well. Thanks SO much for this, dude! No matter what happens, you're awesome. :)

PB&J

Smash Hero
I love melee,we are doing a last minute nyc smashfest and keeping eye on the spirit bomb. Im bring my camera so if we win,ill be uploading the reaction video :)

EDit: Thanks again for matching us,means so much to me

Top Bottom