• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Spread The Fundraiser Through Facebook!

akarpz

Smash Rookie
Attention All Smashers
M2K and I have made a facebook event making it easy to spread the word about the EVO2k13 donation drive. Everyone who reads this should join the event, click "attending" and invite all of their friends to the event so we can spread the word as rapidly as possible!
This event is ESSENTIAL because people who are less involved/retired/casual may still not know about the drive, and that is FREE DONATIONS LOST

So please join the event!

Here's how to do it:

First, Click this link to join the facebook MOVEMENT: http://www.facebook.com/events/395118190581740/

Next, Invite ALL of your friends to this group (facebook doesn't allow this out of the box, so theres a nice little java hack to fix that)

(depending on your browser some things may be different):
1. Create a new favorite button (just go to facebook.com and click add bookmark/favorite)
2. Right click the bookmark and click edit or properties (edit for chrome, properties for IE)
3. Where it says URL delete the website that is there and paste this exact text:

javascript:var x=document.getElementsByTagName("input");for(var i=0;i<x.length;i++) {if (x.type == 'checkbox') {x.click();}}; alert('Done, all your friends have been selected');

4.Save this bookmark/favorite, then click the button on the top of this page that says "invite friends"
5. Scroll through all of your friends (all the way to the bottom until you cannot go down any more)
6. now click the bookmark you just created and it will select all of your friends, and click the invite button
**You can also save this bookmark and rename it something like "Invite All Friends" for future usage
let me know if you have any issues with this, I have used it in chrome and IE, however firefox/safari might not work

Thanks for doing this guys, and just to show you how well it could work if everyone participates:
M2K initially invited 2,000 people, and if 1% of that initial group(20 people) invited all of their friends (lets say the average person has about 1,000 friends)
That's TWENTY THOUSAND PEOPLE who are aware of our cause and will consider donating!
You can do the math, but lets shoot for something more like 5-10%!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
1) Open a new tab

2) go into Bookmark Manager

3) Right click any of your bookmarks. Like anything. Could be google, could be smashboards, some random dbz website, just anything. then click "Edit"

4) rename the code as this:
javascript:var x=document.getElementsByTagName("input");for(var i=0;i<x.length;i++) {if (x.type == 'checkbox') {x.click();}}; alert('Done, all your friends have been selected');

^So basically, instead of having it be "www.smashboards.com" as your bookmark, it is now this:

5) This is optional, but call it M2KHack, so you know what it is. It just makes it easier for you. Like "Smashboards" that word would be renamed "M2Khack"
And now after those 5 steps, you will have a nice bookmark ready where you can just click it, then that code activates

6) This is also optional, but if your bookmarks/favorites is really big (for me I have like 100 bookmarks... cuz i bookmark too many websites thinking I'll go back and use it but I never do...) you can drag and drop "m2khack" to the top of your bookmarks. If you plan to use this a lot, then do that. But it doesn't actually matter.

^^^^ so basically all you're doing is changing one of your bookmarks into that Javascript code.

NOW HOW DO YOU USE THIS CODE?

1) Go into an Event, such as this: https://www.facebook.com/events/403628663054729/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

2) Click "Invite Friends" in the upper right corner

3) Scroll down to the VERY BOTTOM, so all your friends are loaded. So now you are down to the guys who's names begin with Z. (should be in alphabetical order, at least it was for me). For me this takes like a minute since I have 2,000 friends to load up.

4) Go into Bookmarks (NOT BOOKMARK MANAGER), and select "M2Khack" and double click it.

Now you're done. all your friends have been selected. (So you did not have to check each box 1 by 1 which would take forever, instead that code did it all for you at once easily lol. This is really useful for me since I have 2k friends and it saves me a lot of time)

Top Bottom