• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 12: inb4Apex

Tin Man

Smash Hero

12: inb4Apex
@

Hosted by:

Address: 702a Spadina Avenue
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina
Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, January 5th, 2012

Prices

Venue fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20

Payouts:

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

*Payouts are subject to change.*

Schedule:

11 am - 9 pm

11:00 am: Doors Open
12:00 am: Registration Begins
12:45 pm: Registration Closes
1:00 pm: Doubles Begin
3:00 pm: Singles Begin

*scheduled times are approximate*

Food:

A&C sells water, Coke, Nestea, and Canada Dry for $1

There is a Pizza Pizza nearby, north of the venue at the main intersection of Spadina & Bloor. There's a Lick's not even a minute's walk north of the venue, and if you walk south to Harbord st. there's a couple of independent pizza places (Cora and Papa Ceo) and a B.B. Ques. The intersection with Pizza Pizza also has a tim horton's and a second cup.

Directions:

The venue is just 1 stop south of Spadina subway station. Refer to the map below to find the quickest route for you. Keep in mind this is at A&C World and NOT A&C Games. They are 2 doors apart.

[collapse=TTC Subway Map]
[/collapse]
Brawl Rules

Apex Ruleset

General Rules:

No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
Don't smell, please shower
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

(Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl:

[GDLK] Tin Man (x1)

Total (Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl count = 1 (1)

Wii + Brawl:

A&C World (x3)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 2 (2)

TV's:

A&C World (Enough)

Total TV count = Enough

Extension Cords/Power Bars:

A&C World (Enough)

Attendance List:

1. [GDLK] Tin Man [Host]
2. infiniteV115
3. poke
4. Blacktwins
5. Dan-Da-Man
6. cMeDu
7. Blackgold
8. hell-dew
9. pidgezero_one
10. Supreme Dirt (maybe)

Attendance count = 9 (10)

+ People confirming on Facebook!

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I think something we should try (Maybe not at this tournament, but in the future) is random dubz. We put everyones name in a hat, and pull 2 pieces out and those 2 whos name are on those pieces of paper will team. It's a fun little concept, and alot of people don't enter dubz anymore because it's so predetermined on who will place where, and/or they can't find a teammate.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Please bring setups and refrain from playing friendlies/watching matches when you have a bracket match ready to go. Otherwise, we're not going to have time to get in a crew battle.

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
I think something we should try (Maybe not at this tournament, but in the future) is random dubz. We put everyones name in a hat, and pull 2 pieces out and those 2 whos name are on those pieces of paper will team. It's a fun little concept, and alot of people don't enter dubz anymore because it's so predetermined on who will place where, and/or they can't find a teammate.
This^

i think im gonna attend this one and play some friendly's on the side.

also we have to bring back the wheel of salt :p

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
teaming with poke at this all yall betta step aside

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Didn't I post here ?
Oh well,
Normal stuffs will be brought with me.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Hey what's up?!

Just to confirm so everyone can know, Holy and I are going to come at SiD13 (which has confirmed (I hope) to be on February 2nd). Will be my first time in TO and I'm pretty hyped for this :) For people who don't know me, well, I'm a scrub Snake who happened to make it on the PR lol. I don't have a team partner yet, so if someone is interested to have fun with an unknown player, just say it :) I would have brought my hacked wii too, but it just happens that I dropped Gatorade in it yesterday and it may be broken (have to test with new A/V cords first). Have fun on saturday everyone, and please be there in February, I want to match a lot of people! =D

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Oh wtf, I didn't even know the next tournament was announced yet lol...I might have came to this if I had known. Oh well, good luck to everyone.

Top Bottom