• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival Of Melee!!! Nanuet, NY March 7th and 8th

Alukard

Smash Hero
Ok sorry about doing this today in the morning but when i got home i went straight to bed.

AiB link

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5215

Singles bracket

http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket4408.gif

Singles Bracket results

1: Mango ($675.00)
2: M2K ($337.50)
3: DaShizWiz ($202.50)
4: PC Chris ($67.50)
5: chudat ($33.75)
5: Kage ($33.75)
7: HungryBox
7: Azen Zagenite
9: Cort
9: KoreanDJ
9: JMan
9: Cactuar
13: Zhu
13: ColBol
13: Hax
13: VaNz
17: Alukard
17: Scar
17: eggm
17: Wife
17: Watty
17: RaynEX
17: RockCrock
17: KirbyKaze
25: DJ Nintendo
25: Boss
25: Pakman
25: vwins
25: TecZero
25: HBK
25: Lovage
25: G$
33: Spawn
33: Europhoria
33: Deathknight
33: Hazzard
33: QueenDVS
33: Reno
33: Unknown522
33: drephen
33: Sheik
33: Jiano
33: I.B.
33: Thumbswayup
33: SOFT
33: Swift
33: StriCNYN3
33: Big D
49: Trademark
49: Sensei
49: CanISmash
49: Mogwai
49: PB&J
49: Grill
49: X - Sylar - X
49: JFox
49: Roman
49: UltimaScout
49: Phish-It
49: prog
49: doyoung2win
49: CopyCat
49: Idea
49: Sanuzi

Doubles bracket pichttp://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket4407.gif

Doubles bracket !!!

1: Mango + PC ($480.00)
2: M2K + JMan (M2K + JMan) ($288.00)
3: Kage + Vwins (Kage + Vwins) ($144.00)
4: ColBol + HBox ($48.00)
5: G$ + Alukard
5: Jaden + Tec0
7: ZHU + Drephen
7: Chudat + Azen (Chudat + Azen)
9: QDVS + RockCrock
9: Eggm + Switftbass
9: Cactuar + Shiz
9: interior crockadile alligator (Cort + KDJ)
13: Mufasa Got ***** (Hax + Pacman)
13: I.B. + KirbyKaze
13: RaynEX + Unknown522
13: Suit Up (Scar + Wife)
17: jiano + vidjo
17: Dark Reign & Isaiah (Copycat + Sensi)
17: Phish-it + Bailey
17: Big D + Watty
17: Prog + CanISmash
17: ManaLord + Spawn (Spawn + Manalord)
17: LECERO + BEER
17: Josh + Hazz
25: The German Army of Petsburg (Mowai + XYT)
25: Sanuzi + Idea
25: Team House (House M.D. + BillyWoo)
25: Mike Money + Trademark (Mike Money + Trademark)
25: Doyoung + DCScribZ
25: KoJ + Kwan
25: JFox + Lovage
25: Reno + HBK (Reno + HBK)
33: DarkCloud + Nito
33: Shminkledorf + Chewman
33: Waffle + Stratford
33: Chivalruse + Goku
33: ChRed + KnightMare
33: max + jon (max + jon)
33: sylar + europhoria (sylar + europhoria)
33: Anon + Unc
33: Milos + PBJ
33: bear + HIV+
33: thumbs + kyu
33: DeathKnight + John
33: Parlnock + PimpUigi
33: Spicer Moo Moo + She was legal in dog years (Spicer Moo Moo + She was legal in dog years)
33: dan + v
49: Ghetto + Ultima Schout (Ghetto + Ultima Schout)
49: arcnatural + roman (arcnatural + roman)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Great tournament. Best one I have been to in YEARS. Shout outs soon.

MAJOR THANKS TO ALUKARD SCAR JFOX AND THOSE GIRLS WHO DID THE REGISTRATION.

The fact that you got this tournament finished in one day is unbelievable.

Also, 1st post.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
ChRed2AKrisp said:
also i was mad that my TV didn't show up. I'm hoping someone Accidentally took it, which is prolly the case, but for me that's basically stealing since i almost never go to tourneys and live in MD. For posterity's sake, anyone who went home saturday, or took back a setup saturday and didn't set it up sunday, if the TV you took is 13", and has buttons that are rectangular, with the narrows ends being top and bottom, you probably took my TV. Not bringing one again, or if I do let's work on the setups. Ie, we have a setup checkout, where we have a list of which number cubes/TVs go to which people and before you leave you check out your setup.
From the tournament topic. If anyone has this TV (and it probably says TV Pen15 on the front, since I never took off that tag), I want my TV back. ***** took my TV and lost it. I liked that TV.

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm extremely tired, I got hardly any sleep this weekend. I think it made me sick, lol. Still, definitely worth it. This was the most exciting tournament I've ever been to. SO many big matches and terrific upsets. In the end, the results came out quite nicely.

Just a quick shout out to the top 3-

Mang0- You're ****, in smash and in life. Great having you guys, I had a great time. Congrats re-enacting pound3 all over again, lol. No johns EC, step it up.

Mew2King- Don't be down in the dumps, its fun to not be the best all the time. It means you have a new challenger to handle, something new to push yourself to be even better. No johnsons, get that Fox up.

Shiz- Still got it son. You're so ****in **** and you hardly play anymore. Make sure you get your *** to genesis.

Rest of the shoutouts to come...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LOW TURN OUT! good. brawl is the future. accept it.

i wish hugs still played melee though

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice

Actually, asshat, this is just the bracket results. There were 32 pools of 4-6 to get there, which = a really awesome turnout. Add in others who came but didn't enter (like Vidjo) and it's an even more awesome turnout.
Get your Brawl garbage out of this thread, unless you're being sarcastic - in which case, disregard being an asshat. But get Brawl out of here nonetheless.

This was my favorite tourney ever... My shoutouts later.

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
WTF IS THIS SH*T!?

Ok sorry about doing this today in the morning but when i got home i went straight to bed.

singles bracket results

1: Mango ($675.00)
2: M2K ($337.50)

Yo, I hatta' come out of hibernation when I heard this sh*t. My man Jay lost to Mang0odness? Fo'real homie!? Word though? Yo. . . straight embarrassin', Jay! I mean you rep'd it for the EC. No one can take that away from you, dog but this Justin Wong of Melee a** *****, came and rocked it at sixteen!? (Props to the little dude for 1.) Beatin' a phenom to the game, and 2.) For gettin' that permission from his Moms to travel, finally. :laugh: )

Still shocked though. . .

And Cactuar! . . . When I read that "9th". . . I was crushed. On some emo Linkin Park type tip.

Congrats on still ranking top 10 though.

This was 'ight. EC did they thing. Still gotta get over the okie-dokes. Man this is some bullsh*t. . .

F*ck it. I'm out. Pfft.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice

If Brawl is the future, the world is flat.

Right, having taken care of that:

Thanks to the pros that signed my case. I plan on scanning that, and adding either it, or a link, to my sig. :D

Nice work everyone. Sorry for everyone that thought I was a decent Omni. XD But, some of those matches were worth the entrance fee. ^_^

Hopefully, we can get another one of these going at some point. After all, the more of these we do, the more people will play Melee. The more people play Melee, the less people play Brawl, which is probably for the best. Besides, Melee is a lot more fun.

Thanks to everyone that helped me work on my Fox, even if it was just by beating my face in with another Fox, or a Marth, or a Jiggs, or a Ganon, or a Falco, or Falcon, or Peach (which was hella fun, I'm not gonna lie).

Thanks for being there to all the pros. It was mega fun meeting you, and hopefully, I'll see you all soon at another Melee tournament.

And, thanks to Alukard for running this ****, and JFox for being To, and Scar, and... I think someone else who I never talked to. >_> But, thanks. ^_^

Have fun, and until next time! :D

Eggm

Smash Hero
Really fun tournament. Thanks for hosting alukard. Chu you are soooooo good watching all your matches was the most fun thing at this tournament lol. Mad good. Kage wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JFox

Smash Hero
LOL at the brawl head.

We had about 154 people, and about 128 singles entrants, 106 doubles entrants? Somethin like that.

Get ***** brawl.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Great stuff, Top 10 is like an All-Star list.
I'm I on your top 10 list? ^_^

omfg this tourny was ****. shoutouts to come, I have class right now GTG.

I almost missed my flight. I was literally three minutes minutes from missing it. Thank god PB/J stopped me from playing shiz more LOL.

Banks

Smash Hero
good **** to KDJ for traveling once again. play more KDJ!

(p.s. KDJ is the real best in the world)

Conway

Smash Cadet
LOL at the brawl head.

We had about 154 people, and about 128 singles entrants, 106 doubles entrants? Somethin like that.

Get ***** brawl.
CoT 4:

People in attendance: About 290-300
Singles Entrants: About 249
Doubles Entrants: About 108 Teams (216 Players)

Please stop comparing the two, it's so unnecessary.

Xyro77

Actually, asshat, this is just the bracket results. There were 32 pools of 4-6 to get there, which = a really awesome turnout. Add in others who came but didn't enter (like Vidjo) and it's an even more awesome turnout.
Get your Brawl garbage out of this thread, unless you're being sarcastic - in which case, disregard being an asshat. But get Brawl out of here nonetheless.

so all you just said is what i just said. its STILL low turnout wether its 32 pools of 4-6 or whatever. still lower than melee 2 years ago(have you forgot evo and fc and oc) and still lower than brawl in its first year.

melee is a sinking ship.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Sorry Scar, but Alukard and Jfox definitely out did you this time. SPOC is going to need some strippers or something to get on this level.

Shout outs:

Alukard and Michael Jfox - great job running it, keeping things organized, so on and so forth. Adjusted the pools with no shows and stuff, it was real smooth, and this tournament was more beast than the science expert in the Xmen.

Hax$ - "Step one, Hax combo. Step two, reverse Hax combo. Step three, wall jump hax combo. If necessary, counterpick haxlefield or haxshi's story." Too much fun, had like five people in the background doing the Arab Money. Wish I saw the knee to Shoryu though.

Raynex - Thanks for the advice, but I think I figured something out. Up in Canada, they have Tim Hortons. We don't have that down here. I know where your power lies. I know. Hope to play you again soon.

Kage - ****. I Remember playing you in friendlies at CoT, but **** kid. You go to the same doctor as A-Rod?

Rest of Canada - You guys are cool as hell. Sylar, we'll have to get a set eventually, same with you Sanuzi. Hope you guys don't get lost on the way up.

Zhu - Thanks for the advice and the one friendly. Good set in teams, get back safe.

Mango - Congrats. Thanks for the advice and **** **** ****. Good stuff kid.

Pakman - Lets get Qdoba to sponsor SPOC.

Dashizwiz - "PUT WESLEY SNIPES TO BED!" rofl. We played like twice at Milos's, but I'm not sure if I learned more watching you play or from you telling me what to do haha. Way to steal the show, man, easily among the tournament's most hyped up matches.

KDJ - Yeah, I only threw rock against you in RPS. It worked, didn't it?

Soft - Fun friendlies, not so much fun in the crew battle haha. Good stuff, was a pleasure.

Thumbs - Great matches in brackets, toasty's commentary was hilarious man. You two are my dudes.

Toasty - I'm pretty sure SOVA baby. Quite possibly the most beast person to exist. I heard he choked someone in pools with the hot toaster wire then slapped him with some jelly.

Eggm - 6 hours I waited, haha. But still man, its always cool seeing what I can pick up from you.

Mogwai - Whoops. Next time.

Jman - America's most blunted. Good stuff.

Hazz - Most beast commentary ever.

Reno - "COME ON WINSTON."

G$ - "DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN"

Cactuar - "I HAVE FAITH IN YOU."

M2K - "Why are you asking me?" I think it depends on where they're conjoined.

Banks

Smash Hero
CoT 4:

hey here's a little stat for ya

people who enjoyed CoT4: 0
people who started a riot at CoT4: 300
people who thoroughly enjoyed RoM: 154 + hundreds and hundreds who weren't even there

i really look forward to some snake ditto vids tho!!!!!! YEA **** YEA

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Why the hell would someone bring that brawl crap in here? :/ Not needed at all. CoT4 was just good for the amount of people. It was a failed tournament. RoM was wayyy more fun, I was at a local BRAWL tournament watching this on live stream. Melee is just more fun and exciting. Everyone has different opinions, get over it. I go to brawl tournaments more then melee but i love melee 100times more. Its just easier for me to place, but I'm going to more melee tournaments in the future. Enough with that brawl crap now.

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
Briefly (sorry to continue flame war), all new players went to brawl, which is why Brawl tourneys have high turnout (and why people who still play melee are all really good). Brawl will inevitably have more turnout not because it's a better game but because it's a newer game so it's easier to get into the tourney scene (and it's a more nub-friendly game in general due to low hit stun, tripping, slowness, lower tech skill needed).

Conclusion: More people will play Brawl (a hollow victory), but thank God there are still dedicated melee players hosting sh*t like this to keep melee alive for those of us who prefer it.

This was the best melee tournament I've been to by far. Thanks to various players for fun friendlies, Chu & Azen for ****** me in teams (I did kill Chu once =D), Toasty for Flaving it up, DJ Nintendo Big D and Mike $ for owning me in pools, Scar and Wife for wearing suits (melee is serious business), and all the big name EC players for repping beast coast. Also, nice try Boss, but if you want to hustle me don't wear your name tag.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
melee is a sinking ship.
Yeah, its turnout keeps dropping. Just look at half a year ago, when it was around 40-50 people for Melee. Totally way more than 164. Absolutely no chance of any more people ever becoming interested in Melee any more.

Xyro77

Yeah, its turnout keeps dropping. Just look at half a year ago, when it was around 40-50 people for Melee. Totally way more than 164. Absolutely no chance of any more people ever becoming interested in Melee any more.
u dont get it.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
This tourny was the best one i been to in a long time including mine. it was **** and the spectators were all screaming for Shiz, Hax$, and others. This game is so exciting to play and watch it is so ****. I hope more melee tournaments come. Everyone needs to accept that brawl and melee is just 2 different communities and 2 different games. 2 communities for 1 series. oh well.

shoutouts later

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
CoT 4:

I don't get how people are ignoring the fact that, all things considered, this was CRAZY short notice for a tourney of this size and importance and there was STILL this high attendance level?!?! CoT4 was announced almost 2 1/2 MONTHS in advance...

Melee Revival was announced 3 1/2 WEEKS in advance.

Gah...I'll do shoutouts later [bout to meet up with some NY kids to smash before I go back to VA =D!!!], but I just had to address how cheap of a shot it is to compare the two at all, even if it wasn't Brawl.

<3 all the TOs and their staff...seriously, y'all did an incredible job of running this!

best tourney I've ever been to for either game :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
so all you just said is what i just said. its STILL low turnout wether its 32 pools of 4-6 or whatever. still lower than melee 2 years ago(have you forgot evo and fc and oc) and still lower than brawl in its first year.

melee is a sinking ship.
lol

The funniest part is that players like teh_spamerer who practically masturbate to Melee still don't make it to Melee tournaments. :laugh:

In all fairness, Xyro, you live in Texas...a huuuuuge state where everything is bigger. The turnout for this event was actually pretty good.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
This was fun.

Alukard, do you have the actual bracket, or does Scar have it and he'll put it up later... or is there just no bracket? :(

Top Bottom