• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Semi-Universal Technique-GFSC-Grounded Foot Stool Comboing(VID)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wWiQTh63_XU

If you find any of these are escapable or find any of your own that work, please Post(But make sure you test before you jump to conclusions)

Edit 1: Okay, so a lot of people keep saying its not NEW. yeah, people have FS'd other people before, obviously. It hasn't been looked at with this much detail before though and People don't do it enough. Imma remove NEW from the title so people will just stop.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Link mains have been using this for awhile.

But good to see other characters able to do it. I'll give it a whirl.

Crow!

Smash Lord
New? Not really. But yes, footstooling is awesome. When you get a chance to do it, which isn't often. It does pay to know what happens afterward.

Nice demos on MK's glide attack.

cman

Smash Ace
Wow, like half of these combo to a kill move. That's pretty incredible. This type of thing has been known for a while, but i didn't realize it was that useful.

Ulevo

Smash Master
God-is-my-Rock, I love you. Have my babies please?

This is the sort of thing the people who john about Meta Knight should be doing. You know, evolving the game? This is actually really, really neat, and I think has loads of potential.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Samus' only momentum canceling move is her bombs, and that move is too slow for it to be effective. Another tech that we can't use :(

hm... *runs off to Wii to try footstool>murder/falcon kick*

Snail

Smash Lord
It works with Olimar's Dair. It leaves enough time to shield though... And it doesn't really cancel momentum. I'm not sure if this is a true GFSC xD You can follow it up with a nair-upsmash which will break the shield if it wasn't full, but yeah. Not too useful.

Quick edit: If the opponent is at a decent percentage Olimar's dair will make them bounce upwards, setting them up for pretty much anything.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
After extensive testing, there's nothing in Mario's moveset that allows him to make good use of this.

Same goes for Ike. I was really hoping this was a way for him to use Eruption as a kill move, but this isn't the case.

Xeial

Smash Cadet
God-is-my-Rock, I love you. Have my babies please?

This is the sort of thing the people who john about Meta Knight should be doing. You know, evolving the game? This is actually really, really neat, and I think has loads of potential.
I really couldn't agree more.

As a Fox main, this has seriously helped my game vs. MK players (and many other characters btw.) in my area. The GFSC works wonders with a shine and provides a great out-of-shield mix-up.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Lucario's Dair is probably the most obvious example, but those examples that you showed are absolutely insane and I never would've thought of those.

Sir, I love you. You might have single-handedly saved Brawl's metagame.

J4pu

Smash Champion
If they are already shielding does the grounded foot-stool take them out of shield?

EDIT- I've seen peach's doing this a while back but never thought of it for anybody else, good stuff
hmm foot-stool to phantasm? foot-stool to firebird? d*mn falco's terrible momentum stopping options

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I bet MK will turn out to be the one, who benefits the most from it...like getting free Nados or something like that

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
This was actually pretty known for a while but it's good that you are pointing it out universally. Certain characters can do certain aerials that are un-shield able without canceling momentum on certain characters. Such as Ness can N air on certain characters out of footstool.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
What people need to understand is outlined at the beginning of his video.
What makes this useful is the fact that foot-stooling leaves the opponent vulnerable.

My first reaction was, "Okay so you can foot-stool => Combo, so what?" My line of thinking was, instead of doing a Footstool to dair with Dedede, why not just Full jump Dair and skip the footstool altogether?

As I see it, Footstooling is a faster follow up to anything else. Imagine shielding MK's glide attack and dropping your shield => DK across B. Ain't going to happen.

But footstooling, that is relatively quick, and can ensure that shield dropped counter attacks will work.

GG God-is-my-Rock.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, we've been doing this for quite some time now, but its really interesting to put a name on it, and I've never thought of doing it out of a sweep. The only problem is that it only works after a laggy attack or if they're just standing there. The FSJ's hitstun doesn't go through attacks or the shield, unfortunately.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah, we've been doing this for quite some time now, but its really interesting to put a name on it, and I've never thought of doing it out of a sweep. The only problem is that it only works after a laggy attack or if they're just standing there. The FSJ's hitstun doesn't go through attacks or the shield, unfortunately.
Yeah, thats why you have to find a creative way to do it, like waiting for your opponent to shield grab.

Even if they do shield, certain characters(Like Lucas) will shoot up high enough where the opponent can't hit you. You jump higher off the shield

Blad01

Smash Lord
Footstool to Down B with Snake ? ^^

Really interesting Godismyrock. I appreciate how you investigate yourself into finding new ways to play Brawl ;)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*didnt know this was new* P=

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
BTW this does not work against Metaknight's glide attack if they do...anything afterwards (d-smash, shield, whatever). So no, this is not going to affect matchups against Metaknight if you guys were hoping for that.

Of course if the Metaknight's spacing is terrible you can footstool jump him before he hits the ground, but you'd be fighting bad metaknights that you would've beaten anyway.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yea, what Dark Sonic said.

Sonic can do sideB to footstool then techchase or jab lock, but it rarely happens.

Unfortunately, the only thing I see Sonic doing out of this would be dair.

Although that's not a bad thing.

Good find.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yea, what Dark Sonic said.

Sonic can do sideB to footstool then techchase or jab lock, but it rarely happens.

Unfortunately, the only thing I see Sonic doing out of this would be dair.

Although that's not a bad thing.

Good find.
What about a late up B->dair? That might work.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
After lucas' GFS>dair, can you dtilt lock as a true combo?

austonst

Smash Rookie
Lucas should be able to dtilt lock after the dair, given that Lucas fast falls in order to land before the opponent has enough time to get up. This could be an amazing way to get some easy kills as Lucas. GFSC -> dair -> dtilt lock -> fsmash should do massive damage and massive knockback.

Also, I like how MK is the one who's getting beat up throughout the movie.

Denzi

Smash Master
I seem to recall being able to use Firefox after a GFSC to land every hit.
I'm pretty sure I'm right, but if not, please don't hurt me.

Niko_K

Smash Master

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
After lucas' GFS>dair, can you dtilt lock as a true combo?
Im pretty sure you can, but, D-air's last hit doesn't start spiking until around 100%, might as well just kill :ohwell:

Top Bottom