• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Surviving your trayectory.

ChileNess

Smash Apprentice
i live where a Wii is and a tourney in the moment.
Surviving your trayectory. By ZeRo.

Hi. As you may note when you are struck by a hit and sent flyng you can affect your trayectory by DI, (directional influence) but how you have to DI to survive a strong hit? The DI you have to do is different if sent flyng upwards or horizontal.

If sent upwards DI to the side either left or right. ( it’s the best to do DI where you don’t die horizontal)

If sent horizontal DI perpendicular to the direction you where been sent.

That’s is for DI for CONTROL STICK. What I have said is simple just normal DI but there are other ways while using this to increase your surviving. When sent flyng such, as using the C Stick. It have been discovered that if you quickly tap your C Stick in the direcction desired you will do SDI (Smash Directional influence). So this how you have to do it. Also in order to do this you have to put your C Stick in Smash setting in order to the max aid.

If sent upwards DI to the side either left or right. ( its best to DI where you don’t die horizontal) and quickly tap the C Stick DOWN a few times.

If sent horizontal DI perpendicular to the direction you where sent. And quickly tap the C Stick UP a few times.

That’s its DI and SDI (with C Stick) but there’s more! It also has been knowed that if you do an attack when you are sent flyng you can affect your trayectory. Horizontal for example, (you can only attack or air dodge these are the actions you can when sent flyng and DI of course) do an attack so that you can regain control of your char soon and you can jump for example in order to slow your trayectory and survive a little bit more, that’s for horizontal. For vertical you can attack in order to fast fall sooner and help your surviving a little bit.

In general this is “how” and what you have to do in order to survive when you had been sent flyng.

If you had been sent flyng Upwards DI to the side either left or right. ( its best to DI where you don’t die horizontal) and quickly tap the C Stick DOWN a few times, at when you can perform a Dair and fast fall it.( or if your char needs other aerial you can also do, it remember that the faster the aerial better, im talking about start up frames) to fast fall other aerials you can do this: down on the control stick + C Stick aerial to fast fall it.

If sent horizontal DI perpendicular to the direction you where sent. And quickly tap the C Stick UP a few times, and when you can perform an aerial perform it then and jump to slow your trayectory and help you survive.

If your question is what aerial to use, ask in the forum of your char what aerial it’s the more quick in start up frames and do it. Also the aerial attack you have to do its only have to used once.

Sorry if this have been talked/discovered before I just wanted to share this to the community.

Any questions,Feedback,Corrections or anything just send me a PM. Thanks.

ZeRo-:)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well put.
Well done.

Known, yes, but I'm sure there are many people who don't know all the facts.
Quite refreshing.

I only glanced over it, so I'm not sure if everything to do with the C-stick DI is correct or not.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well put.
Well done.

Known, yes, but I'm sure there are many people who don't know all the facts.
Quite refreshing.

I only glanced over it, so I'm not sure if everything to do with the C-stick DI is correct or not.
I noticed that if you used the C-stick in conjunction with the analog stick to DI, you can push yourself out of, say, an explosion from a Smart Bomb a lot sooner, thus minimizing the damage you'd normally gain from it. (I think it's 34%.) I think that's one good way of getting the feel of DI and SDI.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah, if I get caught in Multi-hit attacks (Pika Dsmash, Halberd's Laser cannon), I just mash both sticks to get out.
: D

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I noticed that if you used the C-stick in conjunction with the analog stick to DI, you can push yourself out of, say, an explosion from a Smart Bomb a lot sooner, thus minimizing the damage you'd normally gain from it. (I think it's 34%.) I think that's one good way of getting the feel of DI and SDI.
35% :D

this was discovered but all of the pros ive seen dont actually use this so maybe they dont know, so this is really useful and good to post again

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
35% :D

this was discovered but all of the pros ive seen dont actually use this so maybe they dont know, so this is really useful and good to post again
Pros. don't SDI? Who exactly are you referring to? Why would anyone ever WANT to be hit by the end of Pikachu's dsmash?

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
I just posted a question about this & found this thread

If sent horizontal DI perpendicular to the direction you where sent. And quickly tap the C Stick UP a few times.
Wouldn't you want to C Stick Back a few times?

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
A small english correction: The word you are looking for is "trajectory", not "trayectory". Trajectory means the direction or angle of something, which I'm assuming is what you mean. Trayectory is not an English word nor does it have an English definition.

Thought I'd chip in.

Timbers

check me out
If sent horizontal DI perpendicular to the direction you where sent. And quickly tap the C Stick UP a few times, and when you can perform an aerial perform it then and jump to slow your trayectory and help you survive.
then and jump to slow your trayectory and help you survive.
Only thing I'm not completely in agreement with. I haven't went ahead to actually see whether jumping will prolong your stock, but more often than not are you going to find a window where analog/c-stick DI won't be enough, but jumping on top of this will save you.

Most characters want to save their midair, or they risk losing their stock anyways.

To each their own, but it's just how I see it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^It's been proven that it actually does help you live significantly longer. Some characters do want to save their midair jump yes, but at the same time a chance at survival is better than a guaranteed death.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
^^It's been proven that it actually does help you live significantly longer. Some characters do want to save their midair jump yes, but at the same time a chance at survival is better than a guaranteed death.
Jumping by itself won't save you. You will have to add DI away from the blast zone. Jumping will just send you on a more vertical trajectory. I just wanted to add that.

JCav

Smash Lord
ok, wolfs nair is his fastest move. however if you do nair, if stops your horizontal movement doesnt it?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You're welcome. There was a better video showing how using an attack is better than airdodging (since it has less lag and lets you jump sooner, as well as the window for attacks comming before the window for airdoging), but I can't seem to find it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
You are all looking for this thread:
[Using Aerials for Recovery]

It covers what you should do to survive after your DI, ie. getting out of hitstun. There are more details than are covered in this thread; such as fastfalling aerials as you approach the vertical killzone but before you've even reached the peak of your vertical trajectory. Also check out the discussion at around pages 14 and 15, where some peculiarities of using momentum-altering Special moves during knockback momentum is discussed (hint: don't use them!).

Top Bottom