• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

IvanEva

Smash Ace

Welcome to the Ottawa thread for Smash Boards!​

If you're new and live in the Ottawa area, please post a nice little 'hello' or something so that we can eventually get to play you! We mostly play Brawl but there are still some Melee enthusiasts.

We play a lot of friendlies (matches with nothing on the line - playing for fun/to help us improve) as well as having small tournaments on a bi-weekly basis. These usually take place at Fogel's house so you'll need to PM (private message - click on his name when you come across a post of his) him for details (his address, etc.).

General rules are as follows:
1. Treat fellow players with dignity and respect. Keep all conflicts within the game.

2. Bring your own controllers. For larger get-togethers, bringing a Wii or a television may prove beneficial as well.

3. Bring your own food. As well, no alcohol, drugs or smoking unless the host specifically says that it's ok.

4. Clean up after yourself!

5. All invites are open only for the players on the list below. Anybody else interested will need to have the host's permission to attend.

Other Threads

Ottawa Bi-weeklies - A small scale tournament that is usually supposed to be held at Fogel's house every two weeks, but someone else may host and it might not necessarily be every two weeks. The main serious Brawl competitions in Ottawa.

Ottawa Power Ranking - Work hard and climb your way up to the top! If you're from out of town, take a look at how your favourite Ottawa players are doing. This is for Brawl.

Ottawa Melee Bi-weeklies - Melee is here. If you want the avoid the brawl scene altogether, then post here.

Ottawa YouTube Videos - Smash videos of the Ottawa players.

List of Ottawa Players (Board name - Real name)
*If you want to be removed from the list, please tell Ariel*​

Arsenic41 - Randy
Buenob - Ben
Divine Haze - Riley
Fogel - Cameron
HiDef - Dave
Infzy - Mike
KnucklesTheEchidna - Bryant
Linkshot - Alan
LivewiresXe - Tyler
PNDMike - Mike
Retlaf/Remelia Scarlet - Andrew
SAUS - Derek
SoLn - Orlando
Jiggernaut - Andrew
Zylem - Ariel
Matt07 - Matt
BL!TZ - Chris
BC AL- Al

PND

Smash Champion
Sign me up for the Biweekly.

Also: This week is pretty packed for me, but I could possibly do something Sunday, if there's anything going on.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
^True.

You can rename this (or the other new thread) the Ottawa smashfest/bi-weekly hub or something so that we can keep the other thread around for the lulz. We would also be cool like the Montreal and Toronto guys buy having 2 threads..

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
So many threads! Confusion has begun! Plus Harold, your formatting is a shame to all of Ottawa.

buenob

Smash Lord
srsly harold... you're the arts student... i expect flowers and animated gifs!

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
A suggestion, perhaps Randy should create the new thread so that he can update the first post with all the info?
I'd be totally down with creating and managing a thread but alas I'm not the bi-weekly coordinator. I'd spiff the Falcon Punch out of it. Randy, if you're not up for it I could manage the thread and you could supply me the info.

Note: "Falcon Punch" or any obscure reference to Captain Falcon and/or his moves can be taken as or replace a swear word from now on.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'm up for creating a thread for the bi-weeklies, but I need an awesome name for the bi-weeklies that shows how serious this thing really is.

And Joblin, if you really want, I can PM you my account password and name so you can "pretty" it up, I trust you.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Ok, PM me the info.

You can make the host of the bi-weeklies Old Manondorf? Oh, oh, oh! Pulling a Derek!

flash7

Smash Journeyman
On going jokes since ive been there which should help bring out the seriousness: (examples)

Randall's SHUT THE **** UP! bi-weeklies.

Randy: Im pulling a Derek every two weeks!

Randy's Super Charged Forward Smash(Joel) Combo

Randy's Oh yeah same thing happened to me johns bi-weekly

Randy: up+b as my only offensive move

Theres probably some more that I cant think of.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Ah, but I'm going to make a cool little pretty picture for Ottawa with our mains and everything in it... Plus, the initial post is to be a sort of mini-FAQ for anybody new to the Ottawa thread, telling them how/when we do things as well as any other information such as mini-smashfest times/locations whatever. Like, when Ben, Patrick or whoever is cool with people over I'd post it in the initial post. The second post is bi-weekly stuff which should be kept separate since that's not the only thing that goes on.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
lol were flooding the main page with Ottawa threads, rawr.

I like the Idea Harold brought up, thats why I suggested calling it Hub. But now theres too many threads to check. We might have to let the original one die :( (or this one).

arsenic41

Smash Ace
we should kill of the HD thread, I think this thread has failed and should die.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
well since most new people check the first page, the idea of this is to be able to update it accordingly.

Should the second post in the biweekly thread be the tier list?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I posted on the bi-weekly thread that the thread is soley for bi-weekly related things, but I can see it slowing changing into a secondary ottawa thread

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I think I should be put down as Lucario/Various in the tier list. 'cause I experiment a lot with Marth, G&W, ZSS, Pikachu, Fox, ROB, Toon Link, Wolf, DK, MK, and Luigi.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I think I should be put down as Lucario/Various in the tier list. 'cause I experiment a lot with Marth, G&W, ZSS, Pikachu, Fox, ROB, Toon Link, Wolf, DK, MK, and Luigi.
Sorry about that...I only see you use lucario at bi-weeklies. I'll make the change

PND

Smash Champion
List of Ottawa Brawlers (Board name - Real name - misc info)
*if anybody is ok with putting down their board + real name please tell me. It's to make it easier for new players to know who we're talking about as that was a bit of a problem for me and some others*

IvanEva - Harold - Lucas/PT main, ivaneva at hotmail dot com
You can put me down if you'd like.
Instead of writing the character names, what about using the smashboards character smilies to make it look prettier? People who have various next to their names could have the random question mark.

Examples:
:lucas: = :lucas:
:falcon: = :falcon:

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Mike: Hmmm, maybe. I'd rather use something a bit smaller though since they're rather large and there's quite a bit of us. Plus, I hope to sketch out some nice big picture of our mains beating each other up with our names on them.

Don't you kids worry, I'm going to make it the single prettiest looking post in all of Smash Boards!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Just to let people know...I scrapped the "registrations begin oct 5th" thing, so registrations begin...

NOW!

buenob

Smash Lord
so is this page done? someone give a final word on which threads to check please :)

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Well, I'm hoping that this one is adopted as the only Ottawa one (i.e the old one should die) along with Randy's for bi-weekly stuff. I don't see the point in sticking with a thread whose creator is long gone. I wanted the first post so that a lot of introductory information can be put up to help more Ottawa players ease into things. I would have rather kept the bi-weekly stuff as the second or so posts but since I'll be Smashing less on Fridays but more on other days I'll be updating this first one with those kinds of things (as well as anybody else's get together/misc. stuff).

Linkshot

Smash Hero
My cousin doesn't have a 'required' job. It's optional. He washes dishes at the White Horse whenever he feels like it, and gets paid. He won't be coming to Harold's SmashFest on Wednesday but I'll try to make it, regardless. He also seems to have lost interest in the SmashFests for now. He's more interested in getting money and playing Halo right now >.>

UPDATE: Patrick will be coming on Wednesday. For the winning lulz.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I will probably skip all my lectures again and come too, just kidding, I have most of the night off so I can show up then. And I will also be drinking 5 beers before I sleep to make sure I feel great in the morning agin :p

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Nicely done Jobin. It'll be the second prettiest thread on Smashboards. Why exactly do you want to stick with the other thread though? Remember when you said that you didn't know anybody's name or that you kept getting confused on who's who? This thread'll fix that.

Now then, be sure to get your *** over here this Wednesday so I can show you who sucks huge hair brawls.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
With all this sudden Ottawa thread emergence I may just start my own Squashfest thread :p. Although it might be a good idea if you could post some squash realted stuff on the first post as well, unless you think its out of place. That way it can be monitered and let people know that we actually do other stuff XD.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
PM me with what you'd like up. It's a pretty good idea. I'm actually free this Saturday, for once, so perhaps we could go then?

Edit to your edit: I'll e-mail him.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
You suck :(. Can you ever make it on a saturday?

Also to those interested for Squash on Saturday: Whats a good time for you? 1 PM?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
actually...I can make it, as long as it is in the afternoon.

1pm sounds good

Top Bottom