• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial SideB Ledge Spike (Anti-Ledge AT)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wasn't really sure what to call it. Anyways, I actually figured out by doing a Ground Aerial SideB (I'm not sure what you call it. Where you just press Jump and SideB at the same time), you can actually grab people straight off the ledge. of course here's a video.

http://files.filefront.com/SSBBGanonSbLSwmv/;11866373;/fileinfo.html

Now, the 6 characters demonstrated in the video (MetaKnight, Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Ness, Lucas), you'll just slam them on the ground, and spike them off the ledge! Unfortunately, it only works on those 6, but one of them is METAKNIGHT!!!

Also, you can also do it to DK, Olimar, Mario, Ice Climbers, Luigi, Game & Watch, Squirtle, and Ivysaur also, but you'll just straight Ganoncide them instead.

Lastly (And again), it's very important that you do an AERIAL SideB. If you'll do a normal SideB, it won't work (and you'll probably kill yourself)

I only tested this on Final Destination so far, so I'm not sure if it will have different properties in Slanted Ledges (Lylat, Yoshi's Island), or Pass Through Stages (Delfino, Halberd)

Enjoy :yoshi:

Also sorry if old

Finns7

Smash Ace
I never knew this. I main Link but Im broken with ganon too so this will prob take my ganon to the banned levels. Ledge stallers beware.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****. That's Fast, too. Nice find. I don't think this has been mentioned before. Definitely a good surprise tactic, especially since a lot of people I play like to hang on the ledge for a split second before deciding what to do. (I like to meteor smash ledge hoppers, makes them think twice)

Is there a certain distance you have to be from the ledge to get it to work? I noticed you did it from the same spot every time.

Awesome find, though

Mmac

Smash Lord
Is there a certain distance you have to be from the ledge to get it to work? I noticed you did it from the same spot every time.

Awesome find, though
You just can't be point blank (Being right on the edge). if you do, you'll just fly over them.

And did I? I didn't notice that, but it should work in any distance when the attack frames are present

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Would anyone in class like to guess what happens if they drop from the edge or are invincible when you get there?
What this makes me want to say is "don't be dumb and use this technique when your opponent has just grabbed the ledge"

Hypothetically speaking, I see that using this technique probably forces your opponent to drop from the ledge, and you should hopefully be able to grab the ledge first if you spaced this well, in which case you will have your opponent in a position where you can edgeguard them with aerials.

Just hypothetically speaking though. This looks really risky otherwise and I'd rather D-air or even U-tilt my opponent if they were waiting in that position.

:034:

Smash Hero
That looks pretty sick.. Man, I'll just have to try those just because it looks so amazingly awesome.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Its not entirely new so to speak, I remember someone mentioned how aerial Murder Choke's can send people over ledges. Even edgehoggers. But your the very first person to actually go out and test it on everyone to see who it does work on. So thats to your credit.

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
What this makes me want to say is "don't be dumb and use this technique when your opponent has just grabbed the ledge"

Hypothetically speaking, I see that using this technique probably forces your opponent to drop from the ledge, and you should hopefully be able to grab the ledge first if you spaced this well, in which case you will have your opponent in a position where you can edgeguard them with aerials.

Just hypothetically speaking though. This looks really risky otherwise and I'd rather D-air or even U-tilt my opponent if they were waiting in that position.
I'm going with A2ZOMG on this one. If they're waiting in that position then u-tilt or d-air are much safer options that achieve the same result. However It still has its own uses.

Sharky

Smash Master
lol mmac you even find stuff for other chars, awesome XD

didn't know side-b did that, looks pretty sweet. Could catch a few people off guard, I suppose =P

and A2ZOMG you're sig is amazing XD

Jekyll

Smash Ace

The reason I said that is because regardless of when your opponent grabbed the ledge, this is just a bad idea. I'm not going to spell it out, but:

Firstly, you have to remember that Ganon doesn't grab for the entire duration of this move. If you try to space it the perfect distance from the edge, you probably won't grab the opponent.

Also, this move isn't instantaneous. If you space it the full distance so that you possibly avoid SDing, even John McCain will see it coming.

In the event that the above happens , Ganon doesn't begin to fall as quickly from an Aerial Gerudo as a grounded one. Your opponent has a LOT of time to edgehog you and send you to your death.

Not sure about this last one, but I think that the opponent could meteor cancel this...maybe. Why risk an SD for something like this?

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Ill have to fool around with it some. Looks awesome, I knew you could spike someone with an aerial murder choke, but I never thought about doing an autocanceled murder choke.

Top Bottom