• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Stage Discussion

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Stages are a very simple ordeal with Jigglypuff.

Stage Bans

BAN CORNERIA.

You are not a vertical-KO characters. You are the most easily vertically-KO'd character. Cornera has the lowest ceiling by far of any legal stage.

Why would you ever let anyone take you to Corneria?

PROTIP: If you think you are clever and going to get low-percent rest KOs on Corneria, you are wrong. (Unless it's a Meta Knight or you get a clever rest-out-of-airdodge.) Drill-rest is blockable until high percents, so a significantly low ceiling doesn't actually help you at all.

Strikeout

I'm assuming a list of BF, FD, Smashville, YI, Lylat, PS1, Halberd, CS, and Delfino.

First, always get rid of Halberd unless you are fighting Meta-Knight. The low ceiling sucks and the pass through stage doesn't help you as much as you'd think.

Second, get rid of Castle Siege. Jiggs likes small, flat stages where she can easily approach at a diagonal position above the opponent and knock them off the stage to punish their recovery. Castle Siege's statues are nifty for manipulating your stale moves list, but otherwise it makes for a bad Jiggs stage on all three parts.

Third, they probably already got rid of Lylat Cruise for you. It's a terrible stage for any character who relies on consistently canceled aerials. However, it's also a pretty mediocre Jiggs stage, as the platforms don't help you much at all and hurt your approach. Get rid of this.

Fourth, they also probably got rid of Delfino Plaza, but if they didn't, you should. Jiggs is pretty decent on all the platform segments, but not a single landing zone is good for her. No one is going to let you rest them out of the water, although I find it happens often in teams. :D

Fifth, start thinking about what remaining stages are good for their character. If they have spammable projectiles, strike Final Destination. If they can't be approach below it's platforms, strike Battlefield. They will probably strike Pokemon Stadium 1, but it's a good stage for you if they don't.

If it comes down to Yoshi's Island and Smashville, like many strikeouts do, go with Smashville unless they have spammable projectiles, in which case the platform on Yoshi's Island is more helpful than not.

If you didn't have a specific reason against Battlefield, it's probably your single best neutral stage though. It isn't very wide at all, it's flat, and the platforms are all of a helpful height.

Counter-Picks

Adrora is Jigglypuff's best stage. Actually, forget I said that.

Norfair is a great stage. Brinstar is a great stage as long as they don't have vertical KO power. Jungle Japes is good for matchups in which you don't rely on rest at all. Skyworld is good if it's legal, but only against the characters you would expect, not like Meta Knight, G&W, R.O.B., ect. Rainbow Cruise seems like a decent idea, but I personally don't like it and thin kthe other options are clearly superior. (The boat sequence just isn't good for Jiggs...)

People will probably counter-pick stupid stuff against you. As long as it isn't Corneria, because you banned it, because you aren't stupid, you will be fine.

Thoughts?

Amide

Smash Lord
This has been pretty helpful, still, I've heard numerous times that Delfino is an amazing Jiggs stage. You really think not?

Glick

Smash Lord
I agree 100% about delfino. I was ranting about it in another thread. I get gay'd so often on the stage its ridiculous. Nobody will let you rest them out of water. That was something you pulled off when nobody knew about it. Not now.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lol ur on crack.

Stage Strike Delfino Plaza? WTF LOL. Thats jigglypuff's best stage. Works best against characters who don't have good projectiles and can't spike you. Also resting in the water isn't as hard as you think it is. Players have the feeling they can only rest at the surface of the water. No, the best part is to throw them off and edgegaurd with a rest. The islands are the best landing spot for jiggs. Also you can distract the player off the screen and the stage leaves w/o them.

U think norfair's jigglypuff's best stage? Try fighting G&W on that stage, u'll never want to play on norfair ever again.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hey wait, don't the platforms in Norfair interfere with Jiggly's aerial mobility?
QFT. Platforms allow ground characters to do their evil ground air attacks with you in the air. And whats this? No rollout? What were going to counterpick a stage that eliminates our strongest attack?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Delfino is still a good stage for JP i think since even if you don't land th drillrest on them at least thats something they have to worry about and the water makes rest more of a freebie on that stage.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Lol ur on crack.

Stage Strike Delfino Plaza? WTF LOL. Thats jigglypuff's best stage. Works best against characters who don't have good projectiles and can't spike you. Also resting in the water isn't as hard as you think it is. Players have the feeling they can only rest at the surface of the water. No, the best part is to throw them off and edgegaurd with a rest. The islands are the best landing spot for jiggs. Also you can distract the player off the screen and the stage leaves w/o them.
Everything you just said, by your own admission, works because the opponent is stupid or isn't thinking.

Delfino is a great stage to 3 stock your friends on, but against actually decent players, it offers no serious advantages. You aren't going to get a rest in the water. You aren't going to surprise them by attacking through the stage. They aren't going to get "distracted" and not make it back to the platform...

U think norfair's jigglypuff's best stage? Try fighting G&W on that stage, u'll never want to play on norfair ever again.
...what? At the risk of being rude, do you have any idea what you are talking about? G&W wants to fight Jigglypuff on Corneria, Halberd, or FD, not some platform-fest.

Hey wait, don't the platforms in Norfair interfere with Jiggly's aerial mobility?
I saw someone say this about Battlefield in another thread... How on earth do platforms inhibit aerial mobility? You can go through them at any time, whenever you want. All of Jigg's attacks, especially Pound, set opponents up to land on platforms stunned and allow an additional free hit. Jigglypuff loves pass-through platforms.

QFT. Platforms allow ground characters to do their evil ground air attacks with you in the air. And whats this? No rollout? What were going to counterpick a stage that eliminates our strongest attack?
There is so, so many things wrong here.

-Evil ground air attacks? Huh?
-People already are doing ground attacks as you try to approach them from the air. Almost every Jiggs matchup is your aerial approach vs. their ground attacks...
-Rollout? You are worried about Rollout? That is like Falcon players being worried about Falcon Punch. Rollout is a predictable move that almost every character has an easy counter for, and everyone can grab.
-Regardless, Norfair is a FANTASTIC stage for Rollout... what are you talking about?
-Jigglypuff's strongest, best attack is fair.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Everything you just said, by your own admission, works because the opponent is stupid or isn't thinking.

Delfino is a great stage to 3 stock your friends on, but against actually decent players, it offers no serious advantages. You aren't going to get a rest in the water. You aren't going to surprise them by attacking through the stage. They aren't going to get "distracted" and not make it back to the platform...

...what? At the risk of being rude, do you have any idea what you are talking about? G&W wants to fight Jigglypuff on Corneria, Halberd, or FD, not some platform-fest.

I saw someone say this about Battlefield in another thread... How on earth do platforms inhibit aerial mobility? You can go through them at any time, whenever you want. All of Jigg's attacks, especially Pound, set opponents up to land on platforms stunned and allow an additional free hit. Jigglypuff loves pass-through platforms.

There is so, so many things wrong here.

-Evil ground air attacks? Huh?
-People already are doing ground attacks as you try to approach them from the air. Almost every Jiggs matchup is your aerial approach vs. their ground attacks...
-Rollout? You are worried about Rollout? That is like Falcon players being worried about Falcon Punch. Rollout is a predictable move that almost every character has an easy counter for, and everyone can grab.
-Regardless, Norfair is a FANTASTIC stage for Rollout... what are you talking about?
-Jigglypuff's strongest, best attack is fair.
Don't get me wrong, but I'm a GOOD Jigglypuff player. And i've fought good opponents on Delfino. Maybe YOUR just not good enough at resting players in the water. Maybe you should check the G&Ws, they'll definatly say they'll CP with Norfair, thats G&W's best stage. You show me a video of F air Killing at a lower % then a fully charged rollout on the center of FD. Jigglypuff has no priority, G&W has insane priority, your not going to be able to hit him when hes doing his Dsmash on a platform. People easily dodge rollout because of stupid jigglypuff players not doing it correctly, if u know how to use rollout correctly it will be much harder to miss. Try doing a tech chase with rollout. It works. How is norfair a good place for jiggly to use rollout. Theres no ground movement and jigglypuff can't turn and stun opponents sheilds. Idiot. Norfair is definatly not Jigglypuffs best stage.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I thought dair>rest worked at any percent under 130%. So Corneria can't be that bad, right?

Glick

Smash Lord
lol. I never pick stages like norfair. I'm not going by chance. I want a solid chance at winning and not have to rely on my opponent running into annoying stage design. G&W has a solid advantage at norfair and he has some fancy tricks that piss me off to no end. I really dont think that I'd be playing jigglypuff against G&W anyway but if they CP it against me in a tournament then I would probably prefer to go to battlefield.

Platforms can be used as little protectors at times and I sometimes can catch a rest on someone if they forget to tech something above me on the platform.

Miller

Smash Lord
Pirate ship really isnt that great in singles, There gunna try to avoid the water at all costs. But with the extremely short horizontal kill range on the ship, you can just Fair/Bair them a couple times then their dead. Quite easy to get a low percent kill like that

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Don't get me wrong, but I'm a GOOD Jigglypuff player.
No. I've watched the videos. The only people on the Jigglypuff sub-forum playing the character effectively are myself and Glick.

And i've fought good opponents on Delfino. Maybe YOUR just not good enough at resting players in the water.
Listen, no decent player is going to let themselves fall in the water with a Jigglypuff hovering nearby. It's like you are trying to tell me that roll-to-rest is a good technique, and I'm just not good enough to pull it off.

Maybe you should check the G&Ws, they'll definatly say they'll CP with Norfair, thats G&W's best stage.
No one says that. They all say Corneria. NoJ likes Battlefield and Yoshi's.

G&W only likes Norfair because he can camp the bottom and most characters cannot approach from above or the side edges. Jigglypuff can approach from the side edges, since her aerial mobility allows her to swing out wide.

I'm from the Midwest; trying to lecture me on G&W is like trying to lecture me on tornadoes.

You show me a video of F air Killing at a lower % then a fully charged rollout on the center of FD.
Yes, but no one is goign to get hit by rollout in the middle of FD. People *DO* get hit by sweet spotted fairs off the stage that kill them at 70%.

Jigglypuff has no priority, G&W has insane priority,
Right, G&W is Jigglypuff's worst matchup.

your not going to be able to hit him when hes doing his Dsmash on a platform.
...this does not make any sense at all.

People easily dodge rollout because of stupid jigglypuff players not doing it correctly,
No, people dodge Rollout because it's a bad move and is easily interrupted by anything.

if u know how to use rollout correctly it will be much harder to miss. Try doing a tech chase with rollout. It works.
The correct use for Rollout is when people let themselves fall on the ground because they are stupid, when shields are broken, or from the air. Rollout should be a predominantly aerial move.

How is norfair a good place for jiggly to use rollout. Theres no ground movement and jigglypuff can't turn and stun opponents sheilds.
Why would anyone with half a clue ever shield Rollout? Why would you ever just Rollout across the ground at someone? Again, Rollout is used effectively as an aerial move. The platforms on Norfair are perfectly positioned for Rollout to reverse off of one level and land on the lower level. It's not something anyone should spam, but it makes it a far better move than it usually is.

Idiot. Norfair is definatly not Jigglypuffs best stage.
I'm the only person playing Jiggs at a competitive regional level. (Apparently.) I come here trying to help other Jigglypuff players and develop the metagame, at the risk of reducing the advantage I gain through obscurity. You flame me and say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Does this situation seem strange at all to you?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
LOLOLOLOL.

I dunno who u are bub. Just coming into the jigglypuff thinking ur the big shot around here. I've never even heard of you. And glick? i've beaten him in tournaments, don't give me that ****.

Then u come into the jigglypuff boards telling us random **** thats going to make us worse in the end.

gtfo.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm far from some big shot, but it isn't like the Jigglypuff board has any other horses in the race.

Your videos are terribly unimpressive, but they are old enough that that doesn't matter. (I wish I had the videos of me playing back in Feburary, it'd be hilarious.) All I know is that you are saying the following:

-Delfino is a good Jiggs stage.
-Rest-to-water is easy to get on people.
-Norfair is not a good Jiggs stage.
-Rollout is bad on Norfair.
-Rollout is a good move because people shield it.
-Jigglypuff has no priority.

Not one of these things is true. No decent player is going to let themselves get rested in water in singles. (Again, in doubles it's actually really easy.) No decent player is going to stand there and shield rollout, they are going to jump and nair you or just get a grab.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm far from some big shot, but it isn't like the Jigglypuff board has any other horses in the race.

Your videos are terribly unimpressive, but they are old enough that that doesn't matter. (I wish I had the videos of me playing back in Feburary, it'd be hilarious.) All I know is that you are saying the following:

-Delfino is a good Jiggs stage.
-Rest-to-water is easy to get on people.
-Norfair is not a good Jiggs stage.
-Rollout is bad on Norfair.
-Rollout is a good move because people shield it.
-Jigglypuff has no priority.

Not one of these things is true. No decent player is going to let themselves get rested in water in singles. (Again, in doubles it's actually really easy.) No decent player is going to stand there and shield rollout, they are going to jump and nair you or just get a grab.

I don't main jiggypuff anymore, I main diddy now, however in tournaments i still do counter with jigglypuff on delfino and I win on it. Jigglypuff's priority has been greatly nerfed in brawl and everyone knows that. I'd like to see a video of you fight a G&W player on Norfair and winning (I get to pick that G&W player) And not everyone is fully experianced against Jigglypuff so they don't know about not countering it. Rest in the water isn't that easy but your saying NEVER. For me I don't see a benifet on norfair. So I won't listen to your advice and I'll stick with delfino. Thats my opinion and your not going to change it. Counter with Norfair all you want but don't tell them they have to cause a lot of jiggly players like me are very very confterble with delifno. Its Mute City's replacement.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
I'm going to have to go with Thinkaman about Delfino. Now that my opponents know that I can remove the sleeping lag of Rest by landing on water, I find it harder to hit them with Rest; they're not going to let me use the same obvious trick. The only thing good about Delfino is that you can attack like a shark and recover from beneath the central floating platform. So...meh.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i use rainbow cruise. i;ve had many free kills from people falling to their death from disappearing platforms

Glick

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOL.

I dunno who u are bub. Just coming into the jigglypuff thinking ur the big shot around here. I've never even heard of you. And glick? i've beaten him in tournaments, don't give me that ****.

Then u come into the jigglypuff boards telling us random **** thats going to make us worse in the end.

gtfo.
You beat me in online jiggz dittos :p

and that was a long time ago.

Thinkaman thats flattering but if your basing your conclusions off my videos its easy to see that they aren't great players. Just random noobs on wifi. I only put those videos up to show what shes capable of. I'm not very experienced against great players. I feel like I know jigglypuff very well but as a player my skill could be higher then it is.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I don't main jiggypuff anymore, I main diddy now, however in tournaments i still do counter with jigglypuff on delfino and I win on it. Jigglypuff's priority has been greatly nerfed in brawl and everyone knows that. I'd like to see a video of you fight a G&W player on Norfair and winning (I get to pick that G&W player)
G&W anywhere is a terrible matchup. Needle of Juntah even 3-stocked me in a friendly. (In my defense, I almost killed him and the last KO was a "9" hammer at 0%... NoJ is toooo good!) I did play a lot of matches on Norfair (and Delfino) at WTON, and I think at least one must have been against G&W... I specifically recall someone trying to f-smash me on the bottom platform.

And not everyone is fully experianced against Jigglypuff so they don't know about not countering it. Rest in the water isn't that easy but your saying NEVER. For me I don't see a benifet on norfair. So I won't listen to your advice and I'll stick with delfino. Thats my opinion and your not going to change it. Counter with Norfair all you want but don't tell them they have to cause a lot of jiggly players like me are very very confterble with delifno. Its Mute City's replacement.
I'm just offering advice... Plus, Delfino isn't the replacement for Mute City at all... The point of Mute City was that it had no edges or platforms, allowing all recoveries to be punished with Rest or Rollout.

Thinkaman thats flattering but if your basing your conclusions off my videos its easy to see that they aren't great players. Just random noobs on wifi. I only put those videos up to show what shes capable of. I'm not very experienced against great players. I feel like I know jigglypuff very well but as a player my skill could be higher then it is.
Right, none of the videos up are very good, for anyone. You could have the mindgames and reflexes of a rock for all I know; all those videos showed was the general style the character was used with. Actually turning that into success against good players is just a matter of mental capacity and experience. Get involved, play as many people as you can, and you'll be golden.

Plus DAC u-smashes on random noobs is top tier.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Delfino Plaza replaces mute city because of the technique sharking. And i'm really good at and I was known for doing that on Mute City.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Sharking isn't terrible effective when there are just platforms people can wait on; you are just wasting your time on the parts of the stage that are good for Jiggs. Halberd is better for sharking anyway.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Sharking isn't terrible effective when there are just platforms people can wait on; you are just wasting your time on the parts of the stage that are good for Jiggs. Halberd is better for sharking anyway.
Sharking on delfino is good if you are winning. Its all about whos side time is on. Sharking won't work if your losing. But if you winning they have to come down to hit you. Also you can hit them with arieals when they are trying to do a ledge get up roll or attack.

Halberd is okay but there is a very long period where you are on the ship and its just a normal place but with a platform and low ceiling, making it very bad for jigglypuff.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i don't think sharking will work too well on good players. they can spike or footstool you to your death.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Footstooling is hard against Jigglypuff due to her high priority aerials, and doesn't accomplish much against her recovery.

Spikes, on the other hand...

TheStig

Smash Lord
if you are sharking against someone in delphino. they can just block a few of your aerials and footstool you when you run out of jumps (anther does this). or spike you

high priority?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm agreeing with you. Sharking is not a good general option for approach.

Top Bottom