• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcan GameBox Brawl Tournament III Results/Shoutouts

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Doubles(Bracket)
1: Unstoppable Force and Unmoveable Object (Moogle + Munkus Beaver) ($56.00)
2: Napa Autoparts (3GOD + Will_) ($16.00)
3: George & Duchock (George + Duchock) ($8.00)
4: wildcats (Justin + Tripp)

Singles(Bracket)
1: Will_ (Meta Knight/Donkey Kong) ($84.00)
2: George (Kirby) ($24.00)
3: 3GOD (Wario) ($12.00)
4: Munkus Beaver (Meta Knight)
5: Mahgnittoc (Diddy Kong)
5: Pr0t0 (Mr. Game & Watch/Wolf)
7: Moogle (Fox/Marth)
7: Duchock (Ness)
9: Adam
9: Justin
9: Brooser
9: Dave

Shoutouts:
Will_: Beastly Meta Knight. I finally start to feel good about Kirby's Meta Knight matchup, but you just know how to mix up your game so well. That Capri Sun must have been just what you needed for clutch. At least I feel better about playing your Donkey Kong now. :D
3GOD: Your Wario really scared me the first time we played in brackets, especially those up airs you were hitting on me. Big props on taking Munkus down.
Munkus: I don't think we played 1v1 today, but you and Moogle did a swell job owning Duchock and me in teams. I hope you had fun at the Alabama game.
Mahgnittoc: I still don't think we've played 1v1 at all yet, but your Diddy looks extremely good. We should play at some point.
Pr0t0: We didn't play eachother either. I noticed you playing Wolf quite a bit more, trying to develop him into a fully fleged secondary?
Moogle: First it was Snake, then it was Fox, and now you're playing Marth against me? You'll probably find a character to beat me with consistently at some point. Of course you cleaned up in Melee friendlies after the tournmanet.
Duchock: Thanks for teaming with me. I think I have the most fun teaming with you, regardless of whether we win or lose. You'll show the world just how good Ness is one day. Edit: You'll have to stop doing raids in WoW first, though.
Adam & Dave: We should play more often and get your skills up, seeing as we live so close to eachother.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I was so sure this was going to be the one. Then Will beats me in the last match of the second set of Grand Finals. I'll try to get the videos I recorded up at some point.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I find the disparity between the placement in teams and singles hilarious.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Shoutouts:

George: Thanks for the tourney! Your kirby has gotten so sick. Anyone who can knock Andy out of a tourney deserves some props. I'm pretty sure next time we meet, you'll kick my ***. **** you lawschool...
Moogle: You have what, 5 guys now to main? You are insane. You're the best teams partner evar! I find it hilarious that neither of us won any money in singles, but we kicked face in doubles.
Will_: You are certainly a better MK player than I, and your DK is redick. RIDICULOUS I SAY! You actually did better against me with DK than MK. Hopefully, next time we play, I won't be so rusty [/excuses] and will be a better match for ya.
Duchock: You keep getting better. You're a fun dude to hang around with, and I think you and George should team more :p

3GOD

Smash Ace
Good to see the bracket situation worked out better this time. :) Though, I do wish some more of the regulars had shown up.

@George - You have a really good Kirby, and you seem to not have too much trouble against some of his tougher matches. I really thought I would be able to pull off the win after I won the first game of our first set, but you did well to come back and win the set. In the loser's finals, I felt like I didn't play quite as well, but it was still a good set. Keep up the good Kirby action...I definitely want a rematch. Oh yeah, and if you happen to notice some Wario vids of mine, I'd be glad to see them....particularly the ones of me vs. your Kirby and me vs. Munkus MK.

@Will_ - We need to team again in the future. I think we can take down Moogle & Munkus next time with a MK/Wario team or maybe MK/DDD or MK/Snake. Ike in teams was fun but apparently not very effective...Also, I need to play you some more next time in friendlies.

@Moogle - Awesome Fox...and the rest of your characters are good too. Wise choice to go Snake in teams at the end.

@Munkus - Great MK and good teams games. You and Moogle are a seriously smart team.

@Pr0t0 - It was good to play you after the tournament since we haven't really played much before. Your spacing is really good.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Oh right:

3god: A pox on you for choosing pipes. A pox on you. And jungle japes was....special. Very special. Also, you and Will should team more often. Moogle and I went undefeated in the last Vulcanbox tourney. In this one, ya'll were a veritable force.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Oh right:

3god: A pox on you for choosing pipes. A pox on you. And jungle japes was....special. Very special. Also, you and Will should team more often. Moogle and I went undefeated in the last Vulcanbox tourney. In this one, ya'll were a veritable force.
Small or Chicken? Pipes was fun...actually the first time I've played there in Brawl I think. Jungle Japes was special indeed.

@theONEjanitor - Yeah he is 205...I'm not sure he's on smashboards, but he has a good Diddy Kong.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
That Capri Sun must have been just what you needed for clutch.
Capri Sun should totally sponsor me and the commerical would rock. "Capri Sun--official drink of comeback wins"

@George: One day I will be given a non-stressful Grand Finals, but this wasn't the day. Your Kirby obviously improved and fscked me up. Massive props for bringing it down to the wire like you did. Watch my tempo change next time and you'll win easy.

Upload that doubles match on norfair when you can.

@Moogle: Riding with you to tournaments never gets old. Kudos for the awesome doubles matches, I hope you wreck singles next time. The name of Moogle must be feared across all three smash games!

@3GOD: Nice to team with you too, man. I think giving ol' team M&M's a run for their money is something to smile about. Props for beating a good MK(Munkus) with Wario, heaven knows what a crappy matchup that is.

@Munkus: Rockin' team with Moogle and solid MK. Glad I finally got to face you this time around. Andy tells me your house(not apartment) is in those huge-*** houses on the mountains, which are huge-*** enough to hold a g0dly smashfest in. Which we should do.

@Duchock: Awesome Ness, fighting you in teams is always a shindig. "Bats everywhere!"

@Proto: Thank you for the G&W and Wolf experience, I'm really lacking in both matchups.

@Adam+Dave: I don't remember if you guys use SWF, but it was good seeing you two again at the tourney. If you guys want metagame experience, you're looking in the right places.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Hey George...I noticed you labeled the vids of me vs. Munkus slightly wrong...Jungle Japes was our 2nd match, and Pipes was our 3rd. The first match was on a neutral (I don't really remember where)...I wouldn't mind seeing it too if you can find it.

Also, I'd like to see the Loser's Finals matches of my Wario vs. your Kirby if you can get them up. Thanks for doing vids...I know they are time consuming. :)

EDIT: I actually just actually watched the vids and noticed that you combined the games into one vid in some cases...ignore my previous requests and comments. :)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Awesome george! Can't wait for the doubles vids to get up, those are the ones I'm really looking forward to.

Top Bottom