• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Framerate data for Wolf?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I'm seeing a few character boards that have framerate data about each of their characters. Doesn't ANYONE that mains Wolf have some solid recording equipment? I would really LOVE to see some framerate data for Wolf...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I suppose you'd need an AR. It seems, like there is a code, where you can slow the game down to 1 frame per second. That would really help.

There should be indeed more framedata about Wolf...

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
There are other methods, there's this lovely thing called VirtualDub, it allows you slow down video and scroll through it frame by frame. It's really a great program, just google it, it's completely free.

I was wondering if anyone had solid reliable recording equipment, I have a camera, that SEEMS to be fairly accurate, however I don't trust it, the camera's own framerate disturbs me a little.

Like I was testing Rob's Dsmash, the commonly accepted starting speed on that attack is 4 frames, I got 4, but the first time I got 5, I had to do it a few times due to the inconsistancy of the framerates between my camera and the Wii.

However, since it's unreliable, I don't really want to go forward with my recording equipment. I really don't want to go around posting wrong frame data, don't want another repeat of my Dsmash thread xD

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
If I had a recording equipment and the know-how I would have done this 7 months ago.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Maybe you can PM one of those guys, that posted frame datas on the other characters boards. Perhaps, they'll know, how to do it correctly...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
There has to be some sticky for this in the general brawl discussion or something, seriously.
I vote for what Gheb said, find someone who's nice enough to do it for us, or at least explain to us how to do it properly and where to get the materials.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I know HOW to get the framerate crap, I just don't have the proper recording equipment to make ACCURATE framerate Data, I was wondering if ANYONE had any sort of anything to record that sort of crap accurately, a video camera really doesn't get the job done...

If anyone has any form of DVD recorder, game shark, A/V splitter.... anything.... all that person would need to do is get it to their computer and get Virtual Dub then scroll through it frame by frame.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
K, I see what you mean...but I haven't got anything of that stuff. Maybe you should ask some of your friends...?

JCav

Smash Lord
ok i got recording equipment and im wondering frame data myself so whats a good program to use to slow the vids down frame by frame?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Awesome, although keep in mind that Brawl runs at 60 fps while VirtualDub runs at 30 Fps...

Also, test it against some of the most commonly held beliefs, like, Rob's Dsmash starting in 4 frames, Mk's Dsmash starting in 5... uh, what else?

JCav

Smash Lord
Awesome, although keep in mind that Brawl runs at 60 fps while VirtualDub runs at 30 Fps...

Also, test it against some of the most commonly held beliefs, like, Rob's Dsmash starting in 4 frames, Mk's Dsmash starting in 5... uh, what else?
is there anything thats 60 fps?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think you need that. You just have to calculate it...factor the quotient of 2 in and you have the result...

JCav

Smash Lord
and to provide reassurance, wolfs side taunt has 46 frames :)

thats all i got to tonight, ill resume tomorrow

Top Bottom