• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tilt Pull

SuSa

Banned via Administration
How to:
Down tilt then jump for a backwards force on you

I could only get this to work for Peach and Pikachu's down tilts, I tested with everyone last night.
I have seen no threads about this for either character, so figured I may be the first to find this.

I found this out by trying a instant float dair, let go of float to fall into a buffer dtilt, then jump and fair.
I noticed however that when I was jumping for the fair, Peach pulled backwards while I meant to jump straight up.

Peach can go what seems to be 2 distances with her "Peach Pull" (Temporary name if this hasn't been found)
There is a "small" and "medium" pullback each with different timings.
The timing is when she is about to finish her dtilt.
I can't upload any vids, but it shouldn't take more then a few seconds to figure it out.

Now Pikachu seems to only have 1 distance and it's when you see his face just peeking around the corner before he finishes his dtilt.(when his neck looks like its broken xD)
I will call this (again, temporary) the "Pikachu Pull"

I am just taking the name and adding "pull" (the force which seems to be acting on the character) until a better sounding name is thought up.

Sorry for wasting your time if this has been found.......

~ Invokke Havokk

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely LOVE how everyone's excited about it but no one's even bothered posting how to do it to the extent K Prime was.

Do a D-Tilt and hold the control stick the direction you want Pikachu to move in.
RIGHT after the D-Tilt, Pikachu will enter a "Walking" animation (One where you're tilting the control stick instead of tapping) . Depending on when you hit the C-Stick after this point, you can slide different distances.

The potential I see here? Mindgames. They think they're going to hit you from above after D-Tilt, but you "Pikaslide" (Pikadash doesn't fit well for something that moves you backwards) off to the side a little and reward them them 20,000 volts of Rapetricity. **** yeah, this is going to be as awesome as Quick Attack Cancel, I think.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Can you make pikachu go forward with this "pikaslide"?
Nope, but you could attack backwards out of it, meaning that you may be able to do a quick dtilt backwards to follow-up before they regain their mental footing. :D

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
no it can only be backwards. the movement backwards, when stopped into a smash, takes that slide and applies it to a faster velocity then if you just attack straight out of the dtilt.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
On another note, I like this new tech because it gives me even more excuses to crawl around on Pikachu's belly! :D

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I have done this before by accident but didn't think much of it.
Is this really a useful technique in serious battles? If you guys would recommend using it I'll try to perfect it.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty simple, but I sometimes tilt pull + short hop a jolt to either jump over certain projectiles while attacking or to just camp ^_^

and you could just mix that up with regular short hop jolts, full hop jolts, QAC jolts, etc.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
stealth, i like pikaslide better than DTAC, unless we really like acronyms alot, but is there a way to do it super like k2 cuz i can only get a little distance ya know?, and i have had this used against me pretty well: dtilt ->pikaslide -> reverse ftilt, is a good ground distance cover, for a roll, or dodge, good to know. and this is helpful with sh tjolts too, so you stay out of range and slap them in the face...so why not learn it? even if you dont use it like qac or something it surely can't hurt can it?

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
stealth, i like pikaslide better than DTAC, unless we really like acronyms alot, but is there a way to do it super like k2 cuz i can only get a little distance ya know?
To quote my earlier post on page one....

I absolutely LOVE how everyone's excited about it but no one's even bothered posting how to do it to the extent K Prime was.

Do a D-Tilt and hold the control stick the direction you want Pikachu to move in.
RIGHT after the D-Tilt, Pikachu will enter a "Walking" animation (One where you're tilting the control stick instead of tapping) . Depending on when you hit the C-Stick after this point, you can slide different distances.

The potential I see here? Mindgames. They think they're going to hit you from above after D-Tilt, but you "Pikaslide" (Pikadash doesn't fit well for something that moves you backwards) off to the side a little and reward them them 20,000 volts of Rapetricity. **** yeah, this is going to be as awesome as Quick Attack Cancel, I think.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
yeah, i saw your post, but that is what i was doing and getting smaller distances. i realize thelater you use cstick, the further the slide, but does shield have anything to do with it? or am i just made of fail

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i saw your post, but that is what i was doing and getting smaller distances. i realize thelater you use cstick, the further the slide, but does shield have anything to do with it? or am i just made of fail
Shield has NOTHING to do with it.

Top Bottom