• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6 person brawls

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
In brawl, it is possible to have 6 people on screen (multiman brawl btw) so why didn't nintendo incorperate this in wifi?

example: team battle on with anyone, 3 teams of 2 or 2 teams of three, on basic brawl, CHAOS UNFURLS!!!! think about it...

hacks maybe?
or would that be to much...

disscuss

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i doubt this can happen and if it is wifi then it will LAAAGGG

stratele

Smash Apprentice
It wouldnt work online, the lag would be crazy.

But in a regular offline brawl, I thought about this. Would of been VERY good. Alot of fun. I mean if Multi man brawl can do it, why cant we have it like that in regualr brawl.

rhan

Smash Hero
Ask a friend.....That's how you find your rank on your own connection...

Beaten by a minute <.<

Anyway...6 man Brawl would be very laggy. And lag = no fun.

Roihu

Smash Ace
It would lag even more than usual. Not only that, but it's a possibility that even offline could lag.
If you get around lag, there's also the fact that it would be WAY to confusing with 6 players.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
It would lag even more than usual. Not only that, but it's a possibility that even offline could lag.
If you get around lag, there's also the fact that it would be WAY to confusing with 6 players.
That's the point, crazy, also, the reason I said online is cause you can't have 6 players on a wii, unless you add 2 extra gamecube controlers........ :burst:

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
So are you saying you can have up to 6 people playing on multiman brawl against wireframe characters? If so, how is this done? Sorry, I'm just a little confused.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
I am saying: the alloys are characters, you can have 5 alloys+you on screen...

6 people!

if it lags offline so will multimanbrawl (new people spawn every 3 seconds!)

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
it would be way to confusing if there were 6 chars on the stage ...but it would work ...you could play 6man-brawl offline aswell since you can use the GC-controllers (=

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
How would it be laggy offline?:confused:
The Wii might get confused with having 6 controllers since it's only supposed to handle 4, wireless or attached. Not only that, but having 6 full fledged characters might be too much for the system to handle.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
The Wii might get confused with having 6 controllers since it's only supposed to handle 4, wireless or attached. Not only that, but having 6 full fledged characters might be too much for the system to handle.
Oh, ok. That makes sense. But I don't think 6 full characters would be a problem, considering multiman brawl. Maybe having items on would cause problems though.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Oh, ok. That makes sense. But I don't think 6 full characters would be a problem, considering multiman brawl. Maybe having items on would cause problems though.
The only difference is that those Alloys don't take up too much memory as the actual fighters.

flame013191

Smash Cadet
It would be pretty confusing, but at the same time be pretty fun. It's an interesting topic...
Maybe something Nintendo should think about in the future?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The alloys are very simple characters who are going to be very non-taxing on the Wii. Battlefield (the only course they appear on) is also a very simple and probably coding wise a very optimized level. The stage does matter a lot; go check at what a 4 Ice Climbers free for all on Big Blue was like in melee.

I'm not sure what the more taxing levels are in brawl because offline the game never lags (and if you do ridiculous stuff with special brawl and items, stage doesn't seem to matter). If we use online as a judge, Lylat Cruise is probably the "laggiest" stage in brawl, but it's not clear that's because it uses a lot of system resources (it might just be the nightmare of having to avoid desynchs with that continual random tilting). Still though, if you used seven different characters with full movesets, used the "hard" characters like Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, and Olimar, and played on a level that was already more taxing on the game, I bet it would lag offline even with no items in standard brawl.

Also, I don't think stages other than Batttlefield have enough spawn locations. That sounds trivial, but try coming up with enough to make Final Destination work with more than 4 people.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
The alloys are very simple characters who are going to be very non-taxing on the Wii. Battlefield (the only course they appear on) is also a very simple and probably coding wise a very optimized level. The stage does matter a lot; go check at what a 4 Ice Climbers free for all on Big Blue was like in melee.

I'm not sure what the more taxing levels are in brawl because offline the game never lags (and if you do ridiculous stuff with special brawl and items, stage doesn't seem to matter). If we use online as a judge, Lylat Cruise is probably the "laggiest" stage in brawl, but it's not clear that's because it uses a lot of system resources (it might just be the nightmare of having to avoid desynchs with that continual random tilting). Still though, if you used seven different characters with full movesets, used the "hard" characters like Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, and Olimar, and played on a level that was already more taxing on the game, I bet it would lag offline even with no items in standard brawl.

Also, I don't think stages other than Batttlefield have enough spawn locations. That sounds trivial, but try coming up with enough to make Final Destination work with more than 4 people.
maybe they can add one extra startup platform, that disapears when everyone gets off,

and about procecing power, THIS IS THE WII...oh wait a minite...

Top Bottom