• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW VT Smash Thread; Sometimes, bravery.

VTSmash

Smash Rookie

Virginia Tech Smash

We're a group of men. Manly men. So manly that we spend our weekend nights playing Brawl. Feel the manliness. It's like Captain Falcon, if Captain Falcon were a bunch of college guys in a dorm room. That's how manly we are.
(females welcome, for the love of god)

We play Brawl. We play Melee. We play 64. We play other shiz.

All tournaments and friendlies are BYOC. BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER. Do not expect there to be controllers provided for your use. Do not expect people to lend you controllers.

Upcoming events: Nothin!

Blacksburg Brawl Tourney #2 Results:

Singles

1: Total
2: Vandal
3: Gator
4: D-Gon
5: Akuma
5: Majin
7: Eric D
7: Tornado Dave
9: Mantis
9: Talps
9: Quio
9: Will
13: Jude
13: Bill
13: Brad E
13: Naveen
17: Takuto
17: Justin
17: Kat
17: Phong
17: Jelly
17: Arlene
17: Wendy
17: Colin

Doubles

1: Tunnel Snakes (Total/Vandal)
2: Ginyu Force (Majin/Mantis)
3: Big n' Little (D.Gon/Quio)
4: Intense Pimps (Talps/Tornado Dave)
5: Phong and Brad (Phong/Brad)
5: GatorJelly (Gator/Jelly)
7: Doomed (Bill/Naveen)
7: Estrogen (Kat/Arlene/Wendy)
9: Men In Black (Will/Justin)
9: Thundercats (Eric D/Jude)

POWER RANKINGS 2!
(VIDEOS: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157774)
Results:
1. D. Gon
2. Masa
3. asIAN (this noob showed up late)
4. PsychoMantis
5. H
6. DeliciousCake
7. Nava

(Rules/stages will be decided upon on site.)

Entry Fees + Prize Breakdown:
Brawl:
$10 Singles
$20 per Team

Prize Breakdown (singles):
1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

Prize Breakdown (doubles):
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Active Members of VT Smash
D.Gon (Falco, Link)
MasahiroX (ROB, Toon Link, Fox)
DeliciousCake (Zero Suit Samus)
Nava (Whoevs)
PsychoMantis (Snake)
Jank (Dedede)
Pat (ROB)
Total (ROB, Ike)
Shears (Metaknight)
Vandal (Snake, Wario)
Ryan (Lucas)
Chris (Dedede, Zelda)
asIAN (Lucario, Captain Falcon)
Bryan (G&W, Pit)

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
You ***** i wanted it.

TO ANY NEW PEOPLE: DONT BE SHY. WE DONT BITE...hard.

currently active members at VTECH

Dgon (does not use account)
Masa
Cake
Nava
Mantis
Jank
Pat (no account)
George (no account)
Dave (no account)
Dave (does not use account)
Ian (no account)
Chris (no account)

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE...=(

Cake - change the avatar please. something with boobies would be nice. you seem to do that well. O WAIT! i can do this on my own...cool.

Nava

Smash Journeyman
Lol, power rankings. Can we have melee power rankings too? :chuckle:

edit: ****, Matt, get some sleep. 3:11?
edit2: Someone left their black controller in here.

Jambon

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the smash scene at Tech. Don't know anyone else here who's into smash bros, so I'd like to meet some people to play against, improve my skill, etc. How does the whole tourney thing work around here?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Tournament rules will eventually be outlined in the OP. Buy-in is 10 bucks for singles, 20 per teams. Jank no longer has anywhere to host tournaments (or so he says) so we need to find somewhere else with enough space depending on how many people start showing up regularly. Online Gaming Society may sponsor a few tournaments, so those will probably be in Squires. Those will most likely be free though, because buy-in tournaments are against school policy, I believe.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
we need to put on the first post that we primarily play BRAWL with a little melee on the side.

i dont want anyone asking about why we dont play ssb64. ****s annoying.

hey jam - we play almost every day. just pm any one of us to get numbers/ details

my cell is 5712052952

are you good?

Jambon

Smash Rookie
hey jam - we play almost every day. just pm any one of us to get numbers/ details

my cell is 5712052952

are you good?
Dunno if I'm good. Never been to any tourneys, but I did play a lot of brawl over the summer with some buddies of mine (Ashburn VA). I'll contact you some time in the near future, once I get all the beginning-of-the-school-year stuff settled out. My cell number is 7039651592.

Do you play any melee? I'm gonna guess it's a no, but I'll just ask anyway.
Haven't played melee in years, but I do like brawl better overall (aside from the tripping, and Falcon's nerfing).

EDIT:
Oh yeah, my AIM screenname is NinjaPower666.

drudge

Smash Rookie
I'm a senior at tech this year and wouldn't mind playing with you guys. I would prefer to get a little better before joining in on the tournys but if you guys get together to play a lot I would love to participate.

Nava

Smash Journeyman
So with classes starting, when is everyone free?

With architecture this year I doubt I can play Tuesday or Thursday nights too often. MWF, I'm done after 5 though.

Jambon

Smash Rookie
VTSmash said:
Upcoming events: None. Organize something you noobs.
Earlier today, I was talking with a rep from Replay Games (over at the University Mall). She said that they're trying to host a gaming tournament there, some time soon. We haven't yet decided when exactly this is going to happen. After they get all the details worked out, I'll try to notify as many people as I can about it.

I'll post updates here when I get more details.

MASAHIROx said:
TO ANY NEW PEOPLE: DONT BE SHY. WE DONT BITE...hard.
WE NEED MORE PEOPLE...=(
I know the Gaming Project at VT has many people who might want to attend. I can't estimate how many. I was talking to Robert Hagan (the club's prez) earlier today -- he said that he's contacting some department heads and whatnot to send out fliers to their respective e-mail listservs. Since it's the beginning of the year, there might be a lot of new people coming in.

EDIT:
Speaking of the Gaming Project, if any of you guys are interested, the first meeting this year is this Wednesday (August 27th), at 6:00 PM. It will be held in McBride 129 (or 124 as a backup).

I'll be there -- it seems like a good opportunity to discuss things in person.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Gaming Project is that game dev club right? I'm treasurer for the Online Gaming Society and I'm currently trying to set up a Brawl tourney through the club.

Also, anyone wanna Brawl tonight?

drudge

Smash Rookie
I might be able to, I have to go to the gym and have an 8am tmrw but I won't rule it out quite yet.

VR-Raiden

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm just starting my first semester here at VT. I'd like to play some smash, whether it be Melee or Brawl. though i was hoping to get better at Melee, but it looks like you all do brawl mostly. thats cool, i'll play that too.

i'm pretty new to high level smash play, brawl or melee. Only entered the first brawl tournament at C3 in Ashburn, pretty much got ***** XD i remember chillen chainthrowing me to death with dedede my first match :laugh:

Guilty Gear was my main game I played at C3s though, entered that everytime. If anyone wants to play that too lemme know.

and as for my name, VR stands for "virtuaroid" in reference to Virtual On if you know what that is. But people guessed it stood for "virtual ****" so some ppl call me that haha. but just VR is cool. or my real name, Michael.

and I use samus, captain falcon, kirby, metaknight, rob

Jambon

Smash Rookie
DeliciousCake, I might show up tonight, depending on the time/place. When/where is this going down?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Me and Mantis live in 4031 Cochrane. Dunno what time tonight.

EDIT: Hopefully Slusher lounge will be open, things will get worked out soon.

Nava

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to play some smash, whether it be Melee or Brawl. though i was hoping to get better at Melee, but it looks like you all do brawl mostly.
YES! Masa and I still play melee. I live in Slusher Tower if you ever want to play.

VR-Raiden

Smash Rookie
YES! Masa and I still play melee. I live in Slusher Tower if you ever want to play.
cool, I'm in Pritchard. sometime when we're free maybe we can set something up :)

I've pretty much only fought noobs in melee, so i guess that makes me a noob in high level play lol but I've practiced some advanced stuff a little in training.

I used Samus 100% for almost my entire time playing melee but i picked up Captain Falcon too recently. bounty hunters FTW

yeah probably half the reason i like Melee more is that my 2 favorite characters got nerfed badly in Brawl. >.>

EDIT:
Oh i can probably be at that Gaming Project meeting this wednesday. what's that all about though?

EDIT 2:
OH and I have some vids on my youtube account if anyone cares to watch them, 1 i made of my saved replays from my online matches with friends, the other is Captain falcon in soul calibur 4. feel free to watch, there is much Captain Falcon manliness to be seen.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VrRaiden

Nava

Smash Journeyman
Pritchard, niiice. I was there last year. Dude fest 24/7... but yeah that's awesome actually, now we can get into Pritchard. Loungefest.

Met

Smash Ace
**** look at those power rankings. and you matt or nate or dgon someone give me a call if you guys are doing something tonight. Mo****ers me and DT will **** all you haha

VTSmash

Smash Rookie
**** look at those power rankings. and you matt or nate or dgon someone give me a call if you guys are doing something tonight. Mo****ers me and DT will **** all you haha
DT is still here? I thought he graduated?

But **** yeah I'm up for more Brawl tonight. We played with Jambon last night, good ****.

EDIT: This is DeliciousCake. I fail for not changing screen names.

DGon87

Smash Rookie
aww ****, you made me bring my smashboard acct out of retirement so I can talk **** to ya'll. haha.

I trained for Forte.

And had a 30* run til Masa "accidently" turned off the **** Wii.

Nough said.

Met

Smash Ace
**** forte is good. i beat chillin three days ago. dgon you better bring it son. but are you guys doing anything tonight? DT is still here btw i will try and get him t ocome.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Someone come pick me up, ****! It's just 45 minutes and I'll throw you gas money! Gah, I need to get in on this ****!

Nava

Smash Journeyman
****, I missed a crapload of calls. Like I said, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, there's almost no way I can play smash. Architecture is hardcore this year. Tomorrow I probably can though.

drudge

Smash Rookie
I'd be glad to join you guys at some point, I'm not great but I wouldn't say I'm horrible.

AIM: Weezingalfo

DGon87

Smash Rookie
You best update the power rankings...
1. D.gon (39 killstreak, 13 match winstreak)
2. EVERYONE ELSE.

Nava

Smash Journeyman
I had a 21 kill streak, 7 match winstreak the other day. Does that count? And it was with Ike so I should get like 7 extra wins for effort.

Edit: I can play tonight.
Edit2: Oh yeah, I still got your SD card Justin.

Jambon

Smash Rookie
Concerning my previous post, tourney locations and such, like I said before, I'll post updates here. In an e-mail to Robert, Christina (from RePlay) said:

He [the owner of Replay] is also interested in perhaps sponsoring a tournament. If RePlay were to do this, we would have to have some guarantee as to turn out, etc. I think that could best be done by having all the game oriented clubs on campus participate in the tournament. I'm not sure if you guys can find an area on campus that can be used. I know that the school will "rent" rooms and such to the different clubs, we would be willing to cover that expense as well as provide most of the games, platforms, etc. If the clubs were to get involved and help by getting the flyers out, that can also be an advertisement for the different clubs. There could be one room or section that would have tables from the different sponsors (you guys and us) that would give information out. It could be a way to steer those that haven't declared into the path to gaming.
Right now, I'm absurdly drunk, so I have no idea wtf she's talking about, but it sounds relevant to my interests. Anyway, from what I can tell, the gist of it is that they'll host tournaments if at least X number of people show up. What is X? Stay tuned for the next episode...

In the meantime, get as many people as you all can to come to this thing (I know, I know, kind of hard without time/location, argh...).

Top Bottom