• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

move a HUGE distance with a couple throws (VIDEO NOW UP)

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I do this with back throws only. I've also been doing down throw to pivot grab on heavy characters but I can't seem to benefit from it. But this may be useful for those heavyweights. I'll test it out tomorrow and see how I like it.

Hit973

Smash Cadet
seems handy for people who can't consistently do the chain grabs and need a quick way to the edge. Not sure if it's a HUGE distance, but it's a fair amount.

gordon117

Smash Cadet
It is much better than down throwing and hoping your opponent DIs wrong. This makes moving across the stage much better for someone like me who can't do a 100% CG across the level yet.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
The timing is pretty consistant too.
I've been working on innitiating another through as nana catches up for the regrab to reduce the amount of time popo holds them. Bthrow seems to be the best option as it doesn't reduce the distance just gained, but dthrow seems to be the only one I can do consistently for the time being.

gordon117

Smash Cadet
I used this move on my buddy last night, it was quite impressive. And it 0 -> deaths as well on a lot of characters, marth and sonic could just barely tech out, but it was okay because I just faired him again haha.

lain

Smash Master
This is ****ing SEXYYYYYY.

Also, opponents won't see a spike coming from a bthrow ;)

Amazing.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
it's really not as difficult as it seems...
once you have them with Nana, jam the control stick forward for a dash and then when Nana throws them flick it back and hit Z at the same time for the pivot grab.
Popo goes so far because he still retains his momentum from dashing.

Top Bottom