• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is probably the best character in Brawl right now. The general public need to understand just how much **** is in this character.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Of course Taj gets the first post lmao.

Mewtwo doesn't exist on gamefaqs >_>.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I personally feel that Mewtwo's glitch where he pulls opponents through the bottom of the stage is gamebreaking and should be banned. It basically makes it so that Mewtwo doesn't have any bad matchups, and I can promise you that tournaments will eventually become Mewtwos only and the first to pull the other through the floor will be the champion. I have done extensive testing with every possible character and I cannot find a way to beat this tactic. In fact, my tournament attendance has dropped to zero since the discovery of this tactic. I look forward to joining the scene again once he is banned.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Mewtwo is completely broken. Not only is he the ONLY character that CAN actually L-Cancel and DJC, but he freaking teleports. That's total hacks right there.

Plus, all his attacks are just as disjointed and strong as Lucario's, only they start at full power and stay that way. He also says some weird **** on his side and up taunts.

D

Deleted member

even with a life orb, lucario needs 2 swords dance boosts to reliably OHKO the standard mewtwo, while rayquaza only needs one SD to do the same.

lucario clearly needs 150 base attack. and intimidate. >_>

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Mewtwo relies too much on its grab game though, and characters like Marth, G&W, DK, and a few others can space their attacks out of range. I think G&W and DK might even have a slight advantage due to that they are strong enough to kill Mewtwo at low percentages - G&W's fsmash kills at a solid 80% with DI, and don't even get me started on Donkey Kong.

LeeHarris: I think I saw a new AT on youtube that showed a way to get out of Mewtwo's new over B that you're talking about. I think it was called "wave pushing" or something like that, It may have to do with crawl dashing (the new wavedash) but I'm not sure. I'll bump the thread after I'm done investigating.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I cant wait till we can release that custom stage to the masses. Back Room Stage Designer rocks.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Are we even going to make this thread public? The AR codes to make Mewtwo probably shouldn't be made public. He's so overpowered, I wouldn't want people being able to play him online. I just think when they decided to cut him from the game, the developers didn't bother to finish the balancing stuff. He's just not fair because they didn't finish making him balanced like the rest of the cast.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
They probably just couldn't figure out how to make a good character icon for him, so they put Random in the final slot instead.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm seriously sick of people thinking Lucario is Mewtwo's replacement, when he's merely just a semi-clone. Like Ganon to Captain Falcon, ya know? If only they had time to work Mewtwo's balance issues out, there wouldn't be so much Lucario bashing.

Edit: Ankoku, I bet they just didn't want to make a new row for him and Roy. I hear Sakurai is strangely OCD like that.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Mewtwo.

Mewtwo doesn't read books. It stares them down until it gets the information it wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Mewtwo has allowed to live.

Mewtwo counted to infinity - twice.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Mewtwo can recite all the digits of pi before you'll ever beat him.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Chuck Norris jokes were never funny, and they're even less funny if you replace Chuck Norris with Mewtwo and make them smash-related.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I personally feel the glitch where a 3rd player grabs one of those mini-orbs from Mewtwo's forward-throw and then freezes the game is a legit tactic and should be a standard in 2v2 play.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Have you guys seen the new trick with his down B? I went flying off the stage with it.

KishPrime

BRoomer
It's nice the the Forward-B actually doubles the knockback of projectiles, and they now hit opponents. That was stupid in the first game that they didn't.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I think I've discovered that if you do his up-B and mash up on the C-stick, Mewtwo disappears for as long as you can mash up. Make an already broken character more broken? This must be banned.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
SamuraiPanda said:
Make an already broken character more broken? This must be banned.
Mewtwo is AR only-- we already decided that he's not tournament legal in the other thread.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mewtwo is AR only-- we already decided that he's not tournament legal in the other thread.
Yeah, I'm kinda glad it was a SBR poster who found the ocarina code for him. I seriously would NOT want to play against this character :(.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I'm still totally pumped about that stage. It's too bad everyone but the characters with flying ability fall to their doom immediately.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Okay people, its time to expose our tricks to the public. Hopefully this won't blow their minds too much.

Everything after this post is general discussion. And not as cool as the discussion above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom