• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spikable Characters on the ledge

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord

Wow, i haven't made a thread in ever.

Some Backround info-
If you didn't know pit's feet must touch the person in order for you to down tilt spike them.

While on the ledge, some characters are able to spiked.
Sadly some characters hang on the ledge too low to spiked. Also a few hang up to high :dizzy:
Go figure.

Anywayz here is the list.

Can Be Spiked -
Mario
Luigi
Wario
Kirby (kinda hard to do)
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Zamus
G&W
METAKNIGHT
All Pokemon
(Pika, Jiggly, Squirtle, Charizard, Ivy, Lucario)
Peach
ICE CLIMBERS
King Dedede
Ness
Lucas
Bowser
Olimar

Cannot Be -
DK ( He's holds too high :dizzy:)
Link
Marth
Ike
Diddy
Zelda
Shiek
Captain Falcon
Pit :)
Snake (can be done to cipher)
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Sonic
Toon Link
R.O.B
Samus

Well there you have it, arm yourselves with knowledge, and remember you feet must be on them.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord

Yea anyone can be spiked if pit's touch them, but the characters in the list "cannot be" must jump to pit's feet in order to be spiked. The Characters in the "Can be" section can be spiked if they hold the ledge and don't have invincibility frames, or if they jump.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The only char that I did it to so far in an actual battle was a typical spammin Wolf. Actually it was a weak child that was "Playing around" to provoke me, and his Wolf paid the price. I think i got that replay too.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
whiy is IC's in all caps? just wondering

and I have spike a link on the edge, but maybe thats cause he jumped at the same time I spike, I couldnt tell, just looked like he was hanging then died

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
ICs are in caps because I think they are Hated, along with MK.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Lol, just because Ice Climber (My other main) can chaingrab doesn't mean that they should be hated.... It takes a while to get used to the timing for chain grabbing...

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord

Demon i understand what you mean because i CG admiral with them sometimes. I miss the downthrow fair alot. Anyways the mere fact that ICs can take a stock off you from one grab is a reason alot of people hate them and because theyre dangerous in general i put their name in Caps along with mk.

SkyRay

Smash Cadet
Thank youu
I was so confused as to why i couldn't spike any of my friends.
As almost all their mains are on the (not) able to spike list

Riku00

Smash Ace
I've seen Sagemoon spike a hanging Pit before. And Yoshi's Island gives Pit an advantage of spiking with some characters that cannot usually be spiked becuz of the slant at the edge of the stage.

SkyRay

Smash Cadet
I spiked Marth just yesterday on Delfino Plaza on the edge of the island.

EDIT: my friend just told me that he was in the water. not hanging on the ledge

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I t should be mentioned that spiking Snake out of his Cypher is very easy if he comes straight up the side of the stage. I've spiked more Snakes than any other char.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's D-tilt spike is somewhat similar to Ike's where the opponent must not be standing on the ground, but the hitbox for Pit's D-tilt spike is Pit's body, right around where his feet are. You can even spike an opponent if Pit is facing the other way, but the hitbox is much smaller behind him, and wont work on those hanging on the ledge.

madival

Smash Cadet
This seems kinda risky compared to Bair on the ledge to spike them under the lip or simple knocking them away. It is extremly rare to have anyone stay on the ledge and even rarer to have someone who doesnt have a plan if you advance on them on the ledge.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Is there a period right as the character starts coming up from the edge where they are vulnerable? It seems that I got a kill once as a person was pulling himself up from the edge.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Phaigne my guess is that your opponent was probably doing a jump recovery or a ledge drop-jump. Attack recovery and normal get-up have invincibility frames.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
So glad this list has been made. It's one of those things that shouldn't be left out, so OH YEAAAHHHHH!!!

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord

Lol you posted just to troll in my old thread? Get real, when pressured correctly people stay on the ledge too long and you can spike them. It kills people below 50% also. Also I had a time I was playing ICeys and nana didnt get up off the ledge when I did and she got spiked. Also mindless computer? How does that make sense?

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
Yeah i've been needing to start looking at this list so I can try and see if I can even apply spiking to my game, thanks. Arzangel pressure can be apllied to keep them on the ledge, there are people who ledge camp when they have high percentages or are at a disadvantage trying to get up, that is when you can take a chance and spike them. there are also other ways for it to be used as well.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Rogue-Pit:
Lol you posted just to troll in my old thread?
Not really, didn't pay attention to posting-dates. As for the IC thing, guess that may work nice.

DominusHaven:
there are people who ledge camp when they have high percentages or are at a disadvantage trying to get up, that is when you can take a chance and spike them
Hmmm, i take back what I said about "mind-less" (well just a bit).

DominusHaven:
there are also other ways for it to be used as well.
Would love to hear it.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Yes FALCO SPIKE :D How should I do it to snake when he does his recovery... I usually grab realese him instead :D

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Uhh...if you get the chance do it to his cypher because he can still use c4 to recover if you grab release. Don't be posting in old threads.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Spikeing is so hard to do... Is their like a time you have to do it cous i only get it when the dude just waits their...

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's not a time it's a position. they have to be touching a part of your actual body to get the spike. go to training mode and go to brinstar and stand on the bubbles. then do dtilt. you will actually see the spike box come out.

fun fact. if you d-throw DDD (and some other's that i do not remember) on the very edge of a stage and he doesn't DI it combo's into a dtilt spike. as soon as his feet touch ur hair do the dtilt and he goes in a general downward direction. now seriously everyone stop posting in rediculously old threads. this is something for the q & a

Top Bottom